Times you thought a fighter was nearly dead in a fight

Rumble when he KO'd Nog and Glover.
I legit thought Shogun murdered James Te Huna.
Ellenberger vs Perry, that elbow was brutal and if I remember correctly the cameras were trying to stay off Ellenberger.
Recent, but Trevin Giles vs that Bochnovic dude. KO didn't look too bad until he wasn't getting up or really moving at all, I thought something bad happend to that guy.
I thought the best Eva killed Dave Menne when I first seen that highlight.
Last but not least, I thought Edson Barboza legit killed Beneil Dariush.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

After every victim of Paul Harris screamed bloody murder at the pain in their knee, I was worried they'd rather die than go on.

has this been mentioned?
danmillerbrutalguillotine.gif

This is number 1 for me. I saw the pic before an article and was sure the article was gonna be about his broken neck.

Knowing now what happened to Cyborg makes the MVP finish hard to watch.

Ellenberger vs Plat. Hendricks vs Lawler 2. Pig Rig looked like he was near death from exhaustion and fatigue.

The only one that has ever made me a little worried. The shin impact, the head bounce, the late blow. Sean Salmon probably lost some brain cells and years of his life that night.
After this fight Sean went 9-19 and retired on a 12 fight losing streak.

Did they ever hold a funeral for Tra Telligman after Sylvia flatlined him with that head kick??

Or did they not find his body?

Nobody remembers this?

Vitor vs Lindland
2ypfd5g.jpg

I still get disturbed from that one.

Wanderlei silva destroying Rampage Jackson with a knee and falling on to the ropes.

Wanderlei stomping kondo's head into the ground.

Nobody remembers this?

Vitor vs Lindland
2ypfd5g.jpg

I still get disturbed from that one.
This is number one. Seriously, watch the next few minutes after the ko and it is sickening.

Matt Lindland after in the Vitor fight. I was genuinely scared for him. He looked like he'd just been unplugged from the Matrix for the first time.

Last edited:
never really got worried from someone getting KTFO, but some of the slams were really painful to watch

Koch and Lamas

Ellenberger and Perry deserves a mention

rich franklin vs nate quarry was so brutal

method=get&s=nate-quarry-rich-franklin-gif.gif

Always liked Nate but never understood WTF he thought he was doing there... pawwing his jab out there slowly getting ready to throw his right like he was in a trance then POW KTFO

I remember leading up to that fight Quarry had decent wins but I think he was a little too happy to be in there for a title shot with Rich, the newly crowned champ and slightly starstruck too. Huge mistake.

Lawler vs Trigg
and have we mentioned Lawler vs Lindland?
33kysy9.jpg

this one always cracked me up...

the way Matt spins over just in time for a huge shot to the face

and then Robbie politely arranging Matt's legs as he gets up

Back