Times you hate your own political side.

Kframe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
There are times, when I am disgusted to be a Republican, and now is one of those times. The disabled mother of a dear friend of mine from Nevada was out buying a few groceries and some random Trump supporter yelled out to her, "Trump's gonna get rid of all you cripples!"

I never really understood why our party was always looked at like knuckle dragging, mouth breathing ignorant buffoons. Then I hear about some of us pulling nonsense like this and I am reminded.

He fears anti disabled sentiment is rising, and while I have not faced such venom, nor has my son, I would not be surprised. Especially in the US, which has a history of atrocity against people with Disabilities. Back then they called it Eugenics, and it wasn't Nazi Germany that did it first. We did.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/…/Haunting-photographs-reveal-da…

Sometimes the monster you see, is the one in the mirror..

So guys, name a time when you were disgusted with your party or the people in it.

As a Republican: Pretty much every day.
As a rather Liberal person: Pretty much every day.

Both sides are filled to the brim with complete and utter idiots. Both appeal to "common sense" because they cannot establish a proper argument. Both sides think they possess superior morals, which cannot be proven sound either way. Both are seemingly allergic to logic (using that "common sense" instead). Both points fingers EVERY FUCKING TIME something happens.

There are times, when I am disgusted to be a Republican, and now is one of those times. The disabled mother of a dear friend of mine from Nevada was out buying a few groceries and some random Trump supporter yelled out to her, "Trump's gonna get rid of all you cripples!"

I never really understood why our party was always looked at like knuckle dragging, mouth breathing ignorant buffoons. Then I hear about some of us pulling nonsense like this and I am reminded.

He fears anti disabled sentiment is rising, and while I have not faced such venom, nor has my son, I would not be surprised. Especially in the US, which has a history of atrocity against people with Disabilities. Back then they called it Eugenics, and it wasn't Nazi Germany that did it first. We did.

So guys, name a time when you were disgusted with your party or the people in it.

berniesandersnope.gif

your mother should have shot him imo

The only position that many (not all) on the left hold that drives me crazy is when they cannot admit the connection between Islam and terrorism. These folks provide every excuse under the sun as to why terrorists do what they do (politically motivated, bad US foreign policy, etc.) and pretend that Islam is this nice religion that is coincidental to terrorist attacks. It's blatantly untrue.

It is worth noting that the smartest thinkers on the issue are on the left, but overall the right seems to be much better on this issue and doesn't have a problem speaking honestly about that one point.

Trump and the gop have disgusted me with the continued dick sucking of Saudi Arabia

When I was lib, the constant obsession with defending all atrocities committed under the name of Islam...

But freaking out over a Christian baker who refused to make a cake for a gay wedding.

I dunno about "sides" and "hating" it, but Trump bombing Syria after the gas attack before any independent investigation was even done was abhorrent. Any Trump supporter who supported that is a hypocrite. Assad is killing ISIS. Stay the fuck out of it already. I don't care how much of a bad guy you perceive him to be. He has to stay in power.

I've also been pretty disappointed he hasn't been as vocal about Islamic terrorism. I fell in love with the fact that he had the balls to talk about how much of a shithole Belgium has turned into, as well as almost everything else he said about Islam. He's dialed it back way too much for my liking. Don't like him associating with Saudi Arabia either. They're also a tremendous shithole.

The only position that many (not all) on the left hold that drives me crazy is when they cannot admit the connection between Islam and terrorism. These folks provide every excuse under the sun as to why terrorists do what they do (politically motivated, bad US foreign policy, etc.) and pretend that Islam is this nice religion that is coincidental to terrorist attacks. It's blatantly untrue.
That has improved though.
A few years ago almost no leftist said anything but "Islam means peace, there are idiots of any religion, what about the KKK/crusades" etc.
It was like a living meme.
The most critical comment you heard from the left was "well maybe some Muslims interpret it that way but Islam itself is peaceful..."
These days more and more people on the left and especially centrists admit that Islamic theology itself is problematic and certainly not compatible with liberalism.

When my party thinks marijuana enforcement in its current form is good idea

When they think civil asset forfeiture is cool

when they think surveillance is cool

when they think regime change is cool

A few years ago almost no leftist said anything but "Islam means peace, there are idiots of any religion, what about the KKK/crusades" etc.
The most critical comment you heard from the left was "well maybe some Muslims interpret it that way but Islam itself is peaceful..."
These days more and more people on the left and especially centrists admit that Islamic theology itself is problematic and certainly not compatible with liberalism.
I think you're right and hopefully that trend continues. We can't have one major political party deny the problem.

Recently? All the time. They basically gave up governing for obstructionism during the Obama era. Now that we are back in power, their approach to policy is that simply reversing the previous policies amounts to progress. We've failed to come up with any ideas that actually help people.

Opposition to gay marriage.
anti-labour union.

Happens very frequently but maybe its because I'm a contrarian and I enjoy disagreeing with people. But here's a few issues anyway, keeping in mind I'm a leftist(though I don't think I have tell most of you that)

There's the Islam thing pretty generally that some leftists get pretty wrong, usually taking a very surface understanding that's applauded because its a feel good one.

Gun control is a big one but thankfully all but the nuttiest on that issue have dropped it. Nowadays its used as a diversion for when the left wants to spin a story away from its obvious implications like in the aftermath of an Islamist terror attack or that shooting of the GOP Congressman.

I really hate the obsession with policing the most mundane of interactions for the kinds of hierarchies leftists seek to dismantle. Things like microaggressions and manspreading and mansplaining are what I'm talking about. These tiny, insignificant instances are scrutinized as if they're to blame for the macro-issues relating to race, class, and gender hierarchies which strikes me as counter-productive.

Feminism and LGBT stuff is another point of diversion for me. I can agree on the most basic points there, that women should generally be treated fairly and that being gay shouldn't be a crime, but I think many within those movements can go off the rails because their ranks tend to draw from more radical circles.

In general I thought the left terribly mismanaged their reaction to the rise of Trump and other right wing populists. @lecter has made a point related to this in reference to many leftists backing Macron or other politicians who support right wing policies they would normally disagree with.

I really don't think the left in general will ever seem reasonable on this issue. Muslims will have to somehow solve the problem itself to the point where we all just forget about it. That's the only solution I see.

I'm sure you're right that some people have gradually turned against Islam, but not nearly enough for my liking. We STILL see major news networks minimizing the problems, deceiving people with headlines, and incorrectly comparing Islamic extremism to Christian extremism. Honestly, what else will it take at this point? Satirical cartoonists executed, hundreds dead in France, 80+ dead from a vehicle ramming, dozens dead in Germany, the women being raped in Europe, hundreds dead in the UK from people they fucking knew about beforehand, etc. And Europe STILL wants to let them in. They still defend these people. I don't get it.

I don't know how exactly Europe's 9/11 will look or if it will even remotely compare to ours, but that would have to be the last chance for leftists to finally come to terms with the problem. It's a harrowing way to look at it, but that might be the last chance.

Why would you assume that person to be a Trump supporter?

Almost assuredly a "Trump is Hitler" leftist raging about health care reform. He's going to start killing off disabled people is one of their go-to memes.

Unless you knew who the person was I guess.

Last edited:
Oh and I think too many leftists are dismissive of religion and the potential value it brings to individuals and society at large. Of course religion has its issues but I don't think there's a viable secular alternative to what its brings to society and I don't think its worth throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Back