Time to stop giving Egypt billions in aid.

Just like with the race card I think its true in some cases but that doesn't mean its not abused.
It gets thrown around a lot, to defend Israeli actions. It's mightily abused and exploited to shut down critics. If Israel's supporters aren't outright calling a critic Anti-Semitic , they are insinuating in other ways. Even singer Lourde has been smeared with it , just because she decided to boycott Israel.

I think Israel is worse because in their case it is 1 ethnic group suppressing a different ethnic group. Whereas in Sisi's case it is just a dictatorship , and no ethnic or racial angle to it.
I could see that but in Egypt the government rules for a very small section of the population, the business elite and the military cronies, while passing laws and supporting a system that continually squeezes the middle and lower classes into abject poverty and if they resist in any way they are subjected to extreme violence. At least in Israel they treat those on the right side of the wall with some decency even if there are still some ethnic disparities. But its still more or less a liberal democracy, if flawed, but Egypt is ridiculously authoritarian.

On Freedom House rating(0-100 from least t most free) Israel has an aggregate score of 79 while Egypt's score is 26. The West Bank is 28 while Gaza is 12 and while the Palestinians are partly to blame for that Israel also shares the burden for the lack of freedom there but my point is at least Israel aspires to be a liberal democracy while Egypt does not in any way.

I don't like the idea of my tax dollars subsidizing the rich lifestyles of foreign dictators and their many ultra fine mistresses.

I could see that but in Egypt the government rules for a very small section of the population, the business elite and the military cronies, while passing laws and supporting a system that continually squeezes the middle and lower classes into abject poverty and if they resist in any way they are subjected to extreme violence. At least in Israel they treat those on the right side of the wall with some decency even if there are still some ethnic disparities. But its still more or less a liberal democracy, if flawed, but Egypt is ridiculously authoritarian.

On Freedom House rating(0-100 from least t most free) Israel has an aggregate score of 79 while Egypt's score is 26. The West Bank is 28 while Gaza is 12 and while the Palestinians are partly to blame for that Israel also shares the burden for the lack of freedom there but my point is at least Israel aspires to be a liberal democracy while Egypt does not in any way.

But the government is still the same ethnic as the people it is oppressing. In Israel it isn't. In America, we had European powers fighting each other, but we don't equate intra-White fighting to Whites killing Native Americans.

If the Egyptian government focused their oppression against the Copts or Nubians, then it could be comparable to Israel - depending on the degree of oppression.

Last edited:
There you go again with the anti-Semitism card.

So I am just going to say that you can never criticize any action by Muslims , Blacks, Browns, Palestinians, Chinese etc.. because if you do then you are racist, Islamophobic, Anti-Chinese racist, anti-Arab etc..

Also: from here on , if you criticize anything Obama , any Black democrat, any Brown Hispanic politician does or did, you are racist.
Did you or did you not say Israel drives all these decisions? Let me guess though you just hate j...zionists

Did you or did you not say Israel drives all these decisions? Let me guess though you just hate j...zionists

Israel does control, to a significant degree, US foreign policy in the MidEast. Which is partly why we are so dam obsessed with Iran. Israel and its supporters in the US orchestrated the Iraq war. Yes Israeli interests does make America support the Egyptian government. Sisi regime is considered a friend of Israel, or at the very least a favorable entity. Whereas the Mursi regime was considered the enemy. Israel wants a compliant Egypt, one that will assist Israel in corralling the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip

And there you go again, regular as clockwork, insinuating that criticism of Israel is anti-Semitism and linking criticism of Zionism to Anti-Semitism. It's been standard fare for Israel supporters to now brand critics of Zionism as anti-Semitic. Practically any criticism of Israel and its lobby's influence on America gets branded anti-Semitic.

But the government is still the same ethnic as the people it is oppressing. In Israel it isn't. In America, we had European powers fighting each other, but we don't equate intra-White fighting to Whites killing Native Americans.

If the Egyptian government focused their oppression against the Copts or Nubians, then it could be comparable to Israel - depending on the degree of oppression.
Its a different kind of oppression because its not ethnic or sectarian but its still incredibly brutal and in the service of a small minority of the population. Just because its class based doesn't make it much better IMO. An Arab citizen of Israel is probably better off than an Arab citizen of Egypt.

Its a different kind of oppression because its not ethnic or sectarian but its still incredibly brutal and in the service of a small minority of the population. Just because its class based doesn't make it much better IMO. An Arab citizen of Israel is probably better off than an Arab citizen of Egypt.

People usually see oppression from another race or ethnic group in a more serious light than intra-ethnic oppression.

Israel does control, to a significant degree, US foreign policy in the MidEast. Which is partly why we are so dam obsessed with Iran. Israel and its supporters in the US orchestrated the Iraq war. Yes Israeli interests does make America support the Egyptian government. Sisi regime is considered a friend of Israel, or at the very least a favorable entity. Whereas the Mursi regime was considered the enemy. Israel wants a compliant Egypt, one that will assist Israel in corralling the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip

And there you go again, regular as clockwork, insinuating that criticism of Israel is anti-Semitism and linking criticism of Zionism to Anti-Semitism. It's been standard fare for Israel supporters to now brand critics of Zionism as anti-Semitic. Practically any criticism of Israel and its lobby's influence on America gets branded anti-Semitic.
Probably Because they make up less than 1/10 of 1% of the worlds population and yet you believe that they have sway over the entire planet

People usually see oppression from another race or ethnic group in a more serious light than infra-ethnic oppression.
I get that but like I said, in practice Arabs are better off in Israel than in Egypt and that has to count for something.

I get that but like I said, in practice Arabs are better off in Israel than in Egypt and that has to count for something.

They are better off in some ways. They have greater individual freedom but from an existential ethnic POV, they are worse off.

They are better off in some ways. They have greater individual freedom but from an existential ethnic POV, they are worse off.
Also far better economic opportunities. I guess its a pick your poison situation. Would you prefer to be an Arab born in Israel or Egypt? I'd take Israel.

Probably Because they make up less than 1/10 of 1% of the worlds population and yet you believe that they have sway over the entire planet
If you are going to make strawman arguments, there is no point in responding to you.

Also far better economic opportunities. I guess its a pick your poison situation. Would you prefer to be an Arab born in Israel or Egypt? I'd take Israel.
I'd pick Egypt, because being an Arab born in Israel means my ancestors lost a lot of land to Israel, were ethnically cleansed and my community is still under occupation.

I'd pick Egypt, because being an Arab born in Israel means my ancestors lost a lot of land to Israel, were ethnically cleansed and my community is still under occupation.
Even despite the yuge difference in economic opportunity and individual freedom? Even Egyptians don't want to live in Egypt, young people there are emigrating en mass because of how hopeless the country is.

Oh well, I asked and you answered honestly so that's about all I can ask of you.

Last edited:
Even despite the yuge difference in economic opportunity and individual freedom? Even Egyptians don't want to live in Egypt, young people there are emigrating en mass because of how hopeless the country is.

Oh well, I asked and you answered honestly so that's about all I cna ask of you.
If I was born in Egypt, I would emigrate to the US. But I would say that if I was born in Japan too, cause I like the American way of life best. I have lived in England and UAE, and there is no comparison between them and the US.

Back