Time to stop giving Egypt billions in aid.

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why is the USA still giving Egypt billions in aid? Is it keep-isreal-happy-hush money?

Pakistan just came under review and was deemed inadmissible for new hush money. The top brass steals it, average people dont see it and they do fuck all with it. No fighting terrorism, nothing. So useless as usual.

The best thing for Egypt is to have aid cut. That way then can pull their own socks up. They are very fatalistic with no work ethic. So the average Egyptian prays slavishly to a deity for food and gets it. Not realizing the food from a western power like the USA in the form of billions of dollars. They keep thinking it's going to come indefinitely. That's called mass delusion. One aid is cut, after a few religious nuts take over and there is a civil war, they will learn how to be industrious.

Cut all foreign aid to he Middle East except Kurds

I think we started doing that so Israel and Egypt kiss and make-up. Yeh we should stop. In fact we never should have helped them kiss and make up. Just let them duke it out, and then we pick up the pieces. I always wanted to own shares of a pyramid (not the scheme)

Yea no kidding...

it's almost as if Egypt has us paying through our nose....like a PYRAMID scheme.

anyone?? anyone?? pyramid?

get it?

anyone?

I think we started doing that so Israel and Egypt kiss and make-up. Yeh we should stop. In fact we never should have helped them kiss and make up. Just let them duke it out, and then we pick up the pieces. I always wanted to own shares of a pyramid (not the scheme)

The usa intervened and helped Israel in the 50s till 70s when Egypt attacked Israel and was about to smash them to oblivion. I agree, they shouldn't have intervened. Now Israel has become a growing cancer.

Isn't it time Israel "pull their own socks up" too then? They get much more money than any other country from the US and it's not even close.

Isn't it time Israel "pull their own socks up" too then? They get much more money than any other country from the US and it's not even close.

Israel bought congress, the banks and US media. Egypt didnt. It's an unfair balance of power.

Why is the USA still giving Egypt billions in aid? Is it keep-isreal-happy-hush money?

Pakistan just came under review and was deemed inadmissible for new hush money. The top brass steals it, average people dont see it and they do fuck all with it. No fighting terrorism, nothing. So useless as usual.

The best thing for Egypt is to have aid cut. That way then can pull their own socks up. They are very fatalistic with no work ethic. So the average Egyptian prays slavishly to a deity for food and gets it. Not realizing the food from a western power like the USA in the form of billions of dollars. They keep thinking it's going to come indefinitely. That's called mass delusion. One aid is cut, after a few religious nuts take over and there is a civil war, they will learn how to be industrious.
It used to be mainly to keep Israel happy but now Egypt under Sisi is willing to go further than that. Egypt is aligning more and more with the Saudis and Israelis against Iranian influence and they're an important ally as the strongest Arab army.

Of course the average Egyptian doesn't see a dime of that money, its not meant for them its for the military as its explicitly called military aid. The military is the institution in that country that is on our side, if the country actually democratized as they had hoped in 2011 there's no way they'd vote for a government friendly to Western interests and Israel as evidenced by the election of Morsi.

Trump did freeze an aid payment to them because some Egyptians bought arms from NK but despite the fact that they legally violate aid provisions because of their human rights record they will likely keep getting money because not only do we not care that they're egregiously violate human rights but the US government probably appreciates it since in some cases those violations are against jihadist militants and Islamist activists.

Israel bought congress, the banks and US media. Egypt didnt. It's an unfair balance of power.

If Americans had any idea how much money they actually got they'd riot. Between money and military "aid" it dwarfs the next ten countries combined. They complain about a few hundred million a year given to the Palestinians when that's what was given to Israel just to support a one month attack on Gaza.

Time to stop giving Egypt billions in aid. Why is the USA still giving Egypt billions in aid?

No, Egypt is fine. Time to stop giving money to Israel. Give the Israeli money to Egypt and other countries.

Yeah we should cut aid to Egypt, Israel, Jordan and everyone else in that region.

We are giving aid to Egypt because Israel wants us to. Aid to Egypt is really about helping Israel. Same with Jordan; Israel wants the US to financially support Jordan.

Yeah we should cut aid to Egypt, Israel, Jordan and everyone else in that region.

We are giving aid to Egypt because Israel wants us to. Aid to Egypt is really about helping Israel. Same with Jordan; Israel wants the US to financially support Jordan.

This

Under Obama the u.s. facilitated anti government talks to over throw the leaders of Egypt in hopes they could hand Egypt to the Muslim brotherhood.

The u.s. got the brotherhood in, only to be revolted by the people and kicked out of Egypt.

Egypt still today asks why the u.s. would give a known terror organization their country..

U.s. has a lot of reparations to pay off with that move

Under Obama the u.s. facilitated anti government talks to over throw the leaders of Egypt in hopes they could hand Egypt to the Muslim brotherhood.

The u.s. got the brotherhood in, only to be revolted by the people and kicked out of Egypt.

Egypt still today asks why the u.s. would give a known terror organization their country..

If by "hand Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood" you mean let them democratize and freely elect the Brotherhood then you'd be right. Morsi was elected in and then pushed out of office by the military via a coup. He had many, many supporters in the country and still does. If there was a free and fair election between Sisi and Morsi today, Morsi would most likely win.

Egypt was a dictatorship under Mubarack, a dictatorship the US was fine with until the Arab spring happened.

All the Obama admin did was support democracy , they did not specifically support the Brotherhood because they were pro-Brotherhood. A feature of supporting Democrasy was to support the ability of Egyptians to organize politically and support parties. The Brotherhood was just the largest and most organized of the political parties.

It isn't reparations.The US was giving Egypt billions every year before the Brotherhood attained power under Mursi. And why would supporting Egypt's democratic process make the US culpable for reparations? "Reparations" is such a wrong term to use in this instance.

It used to be mainly to keep Israel happy but now Egypt under Sisi is willing to go further than that. Egypt is aligning more and more with the Saudis and Israelis against Iranian influence and they're an important ally as the strongest Arab army.

Of course the average Egyptian doesn't see a dime of that money, its not meant for them its for the military as its explicitly called military aid. The military is the institution in that country that is on our side, if the country actually democratized as they had hoped in 2011 there's no way they'd vote for a government friendly to Western interests and Israel as evidenced by the election of Morsi.

Trump did freeze an aid payment to them because some Egyptians bought arms from NK but despite the fact that they legally violate aid provisions because of their human rights record they will likely keep getting money because not only do we not care that they're egregiously violate human rights but the US government probably appreciates it since in some cases those violations are against jihadist militants and Islamist activists.
they just had a great VisualPolitik En on this specific thing today

the only thing keeping the Muslim Brotherhood and the other Salafist group from taking control in Egypt is the military. That's why we fund it. Of all the situations in ME/NA this actually makes the most sense to me, maybe that's just me

they just had a great VisualPolitik En on this specific thing today

the only thing keeping the Muslim Brotherhood and the other Salafist group from taking control in Egypt is the military. That's why we fund it. Of all the situations in ME/NA this actually makes the most sense to me, maybe that's just me
Personally I don't agree with it, there's short term gain but in the long run Egyptians remember who propped up the vicious dictators in their country. Like in Iran I think it pushed the Egyptian people away from us long term and I also think its just plain unethical and unsustainable to prop up dictators.

But I do understand it and I don't expect things to change anytime soon.

Back