Time to start carrying a gun

Just fucking LOL at the people saying you need military style training to defend your family with a gun. A gun evens the odds with criminal assholes who want to kill you.

What are the Vegas odds of a 93 pound Asia woman versus 3 armed gang members?

She is dead without a gun. She has a chance with a gun. Gun rights give the powerless a chance to live in a violent world filled with people who vote for Democrats.

If that asian woman had some military style training dem bad guys probably have bullet holes in them.

Thats a slipy slope, the less criminal fear the worse they become. What you just said its the oposite of what happens irl.

His daughter and wife could have been raped.

Just one shot at the door and those guys would be long gone.

That must have been a crappy hotel you stayed in. I don't think that carrying a gun everywhere is going to solve the problem. It may actually cause more problems. So, if you had a gun and the 2 guys also had guns (assumption) and came into your room, you shoot one guy while the other shoots you. Two dead. Now, the one left alive is pissed off and decides to shoot your girlfriend and daughter. Was that such a good idea? Either way you were outmanned and outgunned. Robbers don't want to kill anyone. They want money and jewelry. Give them what they want. Surprise them with a gun and they will shoot you. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie. Don't have children near loaded guns. A gun can be taken from you and used against you. It will give you a false sense of security. Mr. trigger happy. If you shoot someone and kill them, make sure the law was in your side, otherwise you just won a ticket to life in prison.

What hotel and in what town? A couple of masked gunmen pounded on your door and stood outside?

What the hell kind of robbery attempt is that and how did they walk into the hotel wearing masks? No doorman, receptionist, security cameras?
lol that hotel sounds pretty bad I expect this from a circus circus. I have stayed at ghetto ass motel 6 and never had problems.

lol that hotel sounds pretty bad I expect this from a circus circus. I have stayed at ghetto ass motel 6 and never had problems.
The hotel was Inn at the Glaize at Lake of the OZARKS in Missouri. Not a cheap place.

TS wants to bring his gun with him everywhere like at a hotel.

Lighten up Dirty Harry
How am I supposed to know when I’ll need it? If there’s a way to know, then I’ll just carry when I know I’ll need it. Maybe you’re psychic & you know that. I am not.

When you’re standing at a door & on one side you see 2 guys with bandannas & other side you see your girlfriend & your daughter, you learn to see things from a different perspective.

I just faced a scary situation & learned a lesson. Don’t ever get caught without a gun.

So me, my girlfriend & my daughter are in a hotel. At 2am we heard pounding on our door. I look though the peep hole & can see two guys in black hoodies with bandanas on their faces standing off to the side of the door. They think they’re hidden from view but I can clearly see them. I think they were hoping we would open the door looking to see who it was & then they would barge in. They were there for about 5 minutes. After awhile one of them put their ear up to the door to listen in & then the other covered up the peep hole. Finally they left.

During all of this my girlfriend went into the bathroom & called 911. About 20-30 minutes later two cops finally showed up. Had the guys forced their way into our room, they could’ve done whatever they intended & been long gone by the time the cops came. I felt completely helpless knowing I was up against two guys who I’m sure had guns. That’s not a good feeling when you’re in charge of protecting your girlfriend & daughter. It’s one thing when it’s just you, it’s completely different when your girlfriend & 10 month baby are in the room.

I’m no where near the anti gun type nor was I the type who felt the need to carry a gun for protection. That was until I faced this situation & realized carrying a gun is absolutely necessary. It only takes one time like this to learn that lesson.

You should have challenged them to an uggoff and had your way with them.

btw, did you find out if these guys got anyone else?
No I didn’t. I talked to the guy at the front desk & he was completely useless. He was sleeping in the office or some shit. I was ringing the bell for like 10 minutes. I asked him to review the security footage & he told me only the GM could do that.

My theory on what happened is the guys were trying to rob someone else & got the wrong room. The hall way wreaked of weed & they probably thought it was coming from our room. The guys possibly knew the people smoking weed & wanted to rob them. Just a guess though.

@franklinstower That's why you get a 5.56 chambered rifle and 55gr rounds my man!
Go with .300 AAC with 220 grain load. You won't be disappointed for targets inside 200m. I've got a pretty minimalist setup on mine for CQB, home defense, and the sort. For targets past 200m that I wanted to engage with precision instead of a large volume of fire, I wouldn't be using a carbine anyways. I have a .308 bolt-action for hunting deer and pigs, but if I were engaging targets that could shoot back, I'd opt for something a little bigger with a flatter trajectory.

you know ts is not a typical sherdogger. the rest of us would have taken them out easily. no weapon needed.

Go with .300 AAC with 220 grain load. You won't be disappointed for targets inside 200m. I've got a pretty minimalist setup on mine for CQB, home defense, and the sort. For targets past 200m that I wanted to engage with precision instead of a large volume of fire, I wouldn't be using a carbine anyways. I have a .308 bolt-action for hunting deer and pigs, but if I were engaging targets that could shoot back, I'd opt for something a little bigger with a flatter trajectory.

Yeah I had considered 300 Blk for a while. Half the reason I have that platform though is for an SHTF event. In which case 5.56 is everywhere and 300 is not so common. That's one. Two, you damn well know at those distances it's all about shot placement. You're shutting off the computer or the wiring with a CNS hit, or you're fighting a dude with blown out lungs/heart/aorta that knows he's going to die in 30 seconds whether you hit him with a 55gr, 147gr, or 220 gr. Three, everything's flat from across a hallway, and a 50yd zero has easy holds to remember imo,( even better at a 33yd zero).

Also, what do they have you DOL turds and FID ops doing with CQB?.... Raiding two room mud hits? Legit question though.

Yeah I had considered 300 Blk for a while. Half the reason I have that platform though is for an SHTF event. In which case 5.56 is everywhere and 300 is not so common. That's one. Two, you damn well know at those distances it's all about shot placement. You're shutting off the computer or the wiring with a CNS hit, or you're fighting a dude with blown out lungs/heart/aorta that knows he's going to die in 30 seconds whether you hit him with a 55gr, 147gr, or 220 gr. Three, everything's flat from across a hallway, and a 50yd zero has easy holds to remember imo,( even better at a 33yd zero).

Also, what do they have you DOL turds and FID ops doing with CQB?.... Raiding two room mud hits? Legit question though.
5.56 is definitely more common. As for shot placement, in CQB, you aim center mass and walk the shots up until the dude falls. I’ve always trained to shoot the man in the heart, using the natural rise of the weapon to place shots in the upper chest, throat, and then face to destroy the brain stem. If you do that, you can guarantee that you’ll sever the spine and prevent him from shooting back at you. Macabre, but when it’s a test of who lives and who dies, make sure you’re left alive.

We’ve been doing Direct Action missions since 2002/2003. Same how like the SEALs are supposed to be doing VBSS and Special Reconnaissance for scouting out beach heads to land Marines, but what they’ve really been doing is kicking in doors in Afghanistan and Iraq. Green Berets are supposed to train indigenous forces, but we’ve been door kickers, doing kill/capture raids on HVTs because there aren’t enough people doing the job. My deployments were largely kinetic ones, so many of us had the opportunity to fire our weapons in anger. If Iraq and Afghanistan taught us anything, it’s that we never had a big enough standing military to do the jobs we were asked to do. We were trying to train guys up to do the job while the job was still going on, so SOF units were deploying guys who just rotated back or at low strength levels. It’s just the way it is, but it definitely makes me laugh when I hear people talk about the defense budget like they know what they’re talking about. Few other jobs in America exist where you are expected to complete a task but are only given 70% of the people and equipment that are required to do it.

I think ABC World News just showed a FL stand your ground video where white guy parked in disabled parking space was shoved down by black guy. White guy on the ground took out gun and shot black attacker in the heart who stumbled away and died. White shooter wasn't charged.

Back