Time to get in shape...

Day 19-

Weeeeeeeeell i'm disappointed to report that i skipped the bas rutten workout and leg workout yesterday. Been super exhausted. That's all i've done yesterday is sleep till now. Went home took a nap after the swim, woke up got my kid from school. Laid on the couch to watch tv fell asleep until supper. Ate supper then fell asleep again until this morning. Woke up took my kid to school annnnnnd went home and fell asleep again on the couch.

Probably got like 16 hours of sleep total - a bit overkill. Idk if it's the swimming that took it out of me cause i increased the volume a bit too quick in a week. I felt good in the pool but got home completely wiped out. Or it could be my kids sick with a pretty nasty cold and my body is fighting it off..i'm not sure.

Think i'm going to skip the swim workout today and do the two workouts yesterday i missed and the one plyo workout today and see how i feel today.

Usually after a workout i feel energized but swimming seems to be a different animal and kind of just wipes me out.

***UPDATE***

okay enough complaining so much, i'm a sissy girl sometimes and needed to vent.

7 rounds of bas all around fighting on the heavy bag. Felt pretty good and was tempted to restart the workout and go for some more rounds but decided not to cause i have been wiped out for the last 24 hours. But had some decent pop left in my punches and kicks by the end of the workout.

Kind of deloaded on the weights quite a bit.

135 3 x5 squats
135 3 x 5 push press

My legs are still sore from that plyo workout on monday...so taking it easy on the weights too. Unfortunate i have to deload so early but gotta do what ya gotta do.

Tested my resting heart rate today at 53 bpm. If i can get it under 50 bpm by May i'll be happy.

Going to go get my kid and probably take him to the park and improvise some type of plyo/sprint workout that he can partake in..

Last edited:
Day 20-

Never did hit up the plyo workout yesterday that i intended on doing. Really letting myself down this week by missing these workouts, but such is life.

Today though woke up feeling much better, not feeling drained as i have been the last couple days.

Just did the 7 mile run. First run outside this year. Felt pretty good, just a light slow jog while listening to a podcast - probably at 10 min mile. On my way to the pool now to swim some laps.

***Update***

Did 8 sets of 8 laps in the pool for a total of 64 laps.

And finished with a little bit of weightlifting for the day.

Close Grip BP- 185 lbs 3 x 5
Skull Crushers - 75 lbs 3 x 10 finished off with 40 reps close grip BP with that weight
Biceps Curls - did 3 sets of 21's
Ab wheels 3 x 20 reps

Not that great of week but felt decent today. Next week is a new week, will try to hit all my workouts next week.

Psalm 9 10

Those who know your name trust in you,

for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Last edited:
Day 22 -

Ran 4 miles instead of the scheduled 3 miles...

nice weather just felt like going another mile. Wasn't keeping track on my watch figured i'd be running about a 10 minute mile pace though cause i was just taking it easy but finished it in just about 35 minutes maybe high 34's. Just going by the clock on my phone when i left and when i arrived.

Been struggling with my walk with God, giving into my own temptations. Girls are my stronghold still, and it's got me down lately. Inappropriate talk with woman, and looking at sites i shouldn't be checking out. Need to pick up my cross daily and follow Jesus. I've been walking in darkness the last couple days by succumbing to my own temptations, i need to turn to God and His Word when temptation arises.

1 Corinthians 10 13:

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
Matthew 16 24-25:

Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it

Checking in late.

Day 23 was yesterday.

Light chest and back workout

Db press - 90 lbs 3 x3
Incline db press - 60 3 x 8
Dips- bw x 10
Pull-ups - bw 3x5
Db Rows - 90x 3x10
Deadlifts - 225 3 x 3

Then did the Plyo workout from last week. 1 minute of each exercise

Lunge

Double tap Lunge

Lunge to knee

Alternating lunge jumps

Backwards lunge

Sumo squats

Hindu squats

Jump squat

Burpees

Frog jumps

Knee ups

Mule kicks

Knee to standing

Mountain climbers

Duck walks

Wide push-ups

Close push-ups

Ripcord push-ups

T push-ups

Tiger push-ups

Hindu push-ups

Explosive push up w/ claps

Straight leg crunch

Bent crunch

Russian twist

V-up’s

Janda-sit up

Ankle wiggles

Bicycles

Superman

Hold push-up position

Hold plank

Day 24:

Oh man legs are sore again today. Doing that calisthenic workout at the beginning of the week makes me dread every single workout that's scheduled for the remainder of the week. Think I might try and do it again this week just so my body can get use to it.

Buuuuut jumped on the treadmill today at work.

4 miles at 30 minutes and 23 seconds.

1st mile started off slow like a 10 min mile pace to warm up my legs and then try to crank it up as fast as I could handle. Really was hurting the last 3/4 of a mile. Just repeated Philippians 4 13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Reading through Psalms now and liked this particular verse:

Psalm 94 18:

If I say, “My foot slips,”
Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up.
19 In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.

Last edited:
Day 25:

I wanted to do the Bas Rutten workout on the bag, but couldn't get it to stream so I went with the Bas Rutten all around workout...the one with all the pushups, jump squats, shadow boxing etc. etc. Got a good sweat finished that workout and did a little bit of weight lifting afterwards.

Lunges on the smith machine - 135x 3 x 3

...legs are still killing me so this actually hurt lol decided to move on to some shoulder exercises

DB shoulder press - 30 lbs 3 x 12
Upright rows - 60 lbs 3 x 10
Shrugs - 225 lbs on the smith machine 3 x 12
Did some mobility exercises for my rotator cuffs on the cable machine real light
then finished it off with lateral raises 15 lbs 3 x 12

Took it easy on the weights today...still pretty sore. The bas rutten workout felt pretty decent though.

Tomorrow i'll hit up the bas rutten on the bag, haven't worked out on the bag all week and I enjoy doing that as opposed to running, swimming, plyo workout stuff...not my forte.

Finished up reading Psalms...really liked Psalm 121:

God the Help of Those Who Seek Him
A Song of Ascents.

I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

Waaaay late checking in.

Day 26:

Did like 14 laps in the pool. Felt horrible. So called It quits.

Been having episodes where my heart felt like it was beating real fast and get jittery, anxiety...and it seemed to be happening after eating a carby meal or something. Or at least I thought. So I took 3 days off and finally went to the doctors on Sunday.

I fasted and did a glucose test, test came back fine. Hooked me up to an ekg...that was fine. Which is good, but idk what my problem was. Probably was just anxiety but it's been happening since January.

Anyway got back to my working out yesterday.

Day 30 was yesterday-

Did the monster workout and felt really good. Not even sore today so the rest seemed to help:

Lunge

Double tap Lunge

Lunge to knee

Alternating lunge jumps

Backwards lunge

Sumo squats

Hindu squats

Jump squat

Burpees

Frog jumps

Knee ups

Mule kicks

Knee to standing

Mountain climbers

Duck walks

Wide push-ups

Close push-ups

Ripcord push-ups

T push-ups

Tiger push-ups

Hindu push-ups

Straight leg crunch

Bent crunch

Russian twist

V-up’s

Janda-sit up

Ankle wiggles

Bicycles

Superman

Hold push-up position

Hold plank

Then finished off with some DB bench press 80 lbs 3 x 3,5,7
Deadlifts - 225 and 275 for a set of 3

Day 31- Just did this now.

4 mile run @ 32:48

Wasn't a super fast run for me but it wasn't a slow jog either. Got a good sweat.

Ended off with some weighted pullups.

BW- 3 reps
25 lbs 3 x 3,3,4

Thinking about trying to grease the groove a bit with pull ups and take about 5 minutes after each workout and do some weighted pull ups.

**EDIT**

Weight was 191 lbs. Going to start hammering the diet in hopes of losing 12 lbs by May

Last edited:
Day 32 was yesterday-

Did the bad rutten all around workout the one with plyos. Didn't do the leg shoulder workout.

I'm thinking I put too much on my plate. On the days I work it's a 16 hr day trying to squeeze workouts in and get adequate sleep is difficult.

I thought about hitting the weights but opted not to when I got home from work and crashed.

Day 33 today-

Just did 80 laps in the pool so less is more as it would seem and felt really good. All praise to Jesus Christ as last week i was dealing with a lot of anxiety and I've been praying for Jesus to cast the anxiety away.

Did like 42 laps of the front crawl pretty much without stopping then did sets of 2 and 4 until I hit 60 and then practiced my side stroke and what a difference that is. Side stroke felt really efficient and easy.

I was planning on hitting the bag but I'll see how I feel later. It would seem I was burning myself out with all the workouts and working full time with a long commute.

Weight is down to 189 today.

Did the Bas Rutten workout at the end of the day. 7 rounds of the all around fighting.

Last edited:
Day 34:

Bad weather today so they canceled school which means I can't get to the pool cause usually i go there when my kid is at school. Probably just as well.

Didn't run outside cause of the freezing rain/snow so ran on the treadmill which i think is more difficult for these long distance runs. Would prefer to be outside as the time goes by faster.

Ran 9 miles in 88 min and 43 seconds.

Ill lift some weights later maybe make up where i missed wedensday's workout. ill keep things probably fairly light.

Weight i think is 188 today...but not sure. My scale i stepped on it 6 different times and got 4 different weights, but 188 came up twice... it was fluctuating between 186 and 189. Time for a new scale.

Did some light weightlifting tonight:

Close Grip bp - 185 x 3 x 5
Skull Crushers - 70 lbs x 3 x 10
Arnold Press super set with Bicep curl - 30 lbs x 3 x 15
Then some lateral side raises super set with front raises - 11 lbs 3 x 15

Last edited:
Day 36- yesterday was rest day. Had a cheat meal last night. Spinach and feta cheese pizza with a candy bar and some chips.

Jumped on the treadmill set out to run 10 miles. Ran 6 miles felt pretty good did it at like 8 minute pace and then the spinach pizza was calling. Had to jump off and hit the toilet lol.

I'll finish up the 4 miles tonight after the Easter festivities.

Update***

Got the baby mama to watch my boy when he fell asleep to squeeze in the 4 miles. Ran outside which was refreshing. Something about running at night very relaxing. Felt good but left shin is a little sore maybe a little bit of a shin splint happening.

So thankful for the deliverance Jesus has given me. I was worried I had a blood sugar or some other issue but when I found out it wasn't and had no health issues that was causing my symptom of anxiety I seeked God for deliverance and He answered my prayers.

Psalm 3 3
But you, Yahweh, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts up my head.

Last edited:
Day 37-

Just did some weightlifting. Not a ton of volume just trying to keep my strength at this point.

Bench press - 185 x5 195 x 5, 200 lbs x 5
Deadlifts - 135 x 3, 225 x 3, 315 x 3
Pullups on rings - BW- x 5, 25 x 3, 35 lbs x 3, 45 lbs x 3
Dips on rings - bw x 10, 45 lbs x 5, 65 lbs x 3

Going to hit the pool up now. I'll update later

Did 70 laps straight and called it a day. Could have easily done more but i figured this is a PR from the 40 something laps i did straight last week...lets not get too carried away. My goal was to be able to swim a mile which without stopping which is approx. 66 laps so i hit my goal. Prayed right before i got in for the Lord to keep me calm and give me stregnth:

Isaiah 40:31:

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

**update**

Just did a circuit training ...easiest one i have on file. Really need to do these BEFORE i go swimming as i'm super sleepy tired, and hungry after swimming. Trying to refrain from eating a ton of food though which is not fun.

So just did this just so i could say i did something tonight:

30 sec each twice through

1. Push up

2. squat

3. Dumbbell Presses 15lbs

4. AB wheel

5. fly’s at the side 5lbs

6. Leg raises

7. Push ups

8. front DB raises 5lbs

I think when i re do the program for the remaining 6 weeks. I'm going to cut it to two workouts a day. instead of trying to do 3 little workouts a day which is exhausting when you have a day like swimming in there.

Last edited:
Day 38

Ran 4 miles at easy pace in 40 min. Hitting up the pool now.

Weight is down to 186

***update***
did 80 laps in the pool without stopping. Swimming is coming along great progress wise...Got to say already feeling tired after stepping out of the pool though.

Isaiah 12 4:

In that day you will say: “Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted
.​

Last edited:
Day 39- completely skipped. I've been drained and unable to sleep at night the past couple nights. Did a refeed and then had a cheat meal with some m&m's...slept alot better.

Day 40- is today.

Last night was the first night i was able to sleep for more than like 4 hours and that's with popping melatonin and stuff. I slept good though got like 7 hours of sleep and then took a cat nap until noon but Still feeling off.

Did the Bas Rutten workout 7 rounds all around fighting. Hard to explain didn't really feel tired but felt like i had no power and my blood is like oil....hard to get going. Hard to explain.

When i rewrite my workout schedule for the remainder of the next 6 weeks probably going to scale back on the volume as between swimming and running on the same days usually means i'm doing cardio for like 2 1/2 hours on some days. That's a lot for me. I think ill incorporate more stuff like hill sprints and on the LSD days i'll just do that ONE workout as not to do 3 workouts with 2 of them being LSD type exercises. just too much.

Ill probably do a light weight lifting session tonight at work. But like i said not feeling that great. I can't really think of a time i might have over trained but this is the first time where i think i might. Only because i'm aiming at running 9 or 10 miles. Usually a long run for me is like 5 miles....and this is the first time i've done stuff like swimming too. So i might be overdoing it a bit and my body is having a hard time adjusting.

Finished with a shoulder workout:

Arnold presses - 60 x 3,3,3
Upright rows - 80 lbs x 12,12,12
Flys lateral and front- 15 lbs x 15,15,15
Rotator cuff exercises on the cable machine
Shrugs - 225 x 12,12,12

Last edited:
Day 41:

Did the monster workout. Felt decent. Not scheduled but wanted to fit it in since my workout schedule got screwed up this week:

1 Minute each exercise 10 second rest between exercises

Lunge

Double tap Lunge

Lunge to knee

Alternating lunge jumps

Backwards lunge

Sumo squats

Hindu squats

Jump squat

Burpees

Frog jumps

Knee ups

Mule kicks

Knee to standing

Mountain climbers

Duck walks

Wide push-ups

Close push-ups

Ripcord push-ups

T push-ups

Tiger push-ups

Hindu push-ups

Straight leg crunch

Bent crunch

Russian twist

V-up’s

Janda-sit up

Ankle wiggles

Bicycles

Superman

Hold push-up position

Hold plank

Finished it off with bi/tri workout:

Close grip bench - 185x8,8,8
Skull Crushers - 80 lbs x 5,5,5
Bicep Curls- 75 lbs x 12,12,12
Chins - BW x 8,8

Day 44:

Started off with plyo workout, feeling pretty good afterwards:

Lunge

Double tap Lunge

Lunge to knee

Alternating lunge jumps

Backwards lunge

Sumo squats

Hindu squats

Jump squat

Burpees

Frog jumps

Knee ups

Mule kicks

Knee to standing

Mountain climbers

Duck walks

Wide push-ups

Close push-ups

Ripcord push-ups

T push-ups

Tiger push-ups

Hindu push-ups

Straight leg crunch

Bent crunch

Russian twist

V-up’s

Janda-sit up

Ankle wiggles

Bicycles

Superman

Hold push-up position

Hold plank

Did a light chest/back workout:

185 lbs bench press 5,5,5
Deadlifts 225 x 3,3,3

Nothing too strenuous.

Apart from Christ I can do nothing.

John 15:4

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

Day 45-1.5 mile run in 9 minutes and 40 seconds...on the treadmill though. It's kind of cold out today didn't really feel like going to the track.

Think i might do the plyometric workout again to kill some time. Took the day off today and was suppose to originally work so think i might make the best of it.

Did the extra workout. Did the same exact one i did from the day before.

Last edited:
Day 46 was yesterday. Did 77 laps in the pool and my foot cramped up bad lol sooo i left early. Was intending to do 90 laps but guess i didn't drink enough water added with too much coffee for the day. THen came home did like a light shoulder workout skipped the squats (i know i know). So arnold pressed 30 lbs 3 x 15, lateral and front raises superset like sets of 10.

Day 47 was today- bought some new boots thought lets run in them and test them out. Nice tactical bates ultra lights...Ran 4 miles in them had a huge blister on my heel. Took them off and threw on my huge work boots which suck to run in and did 4 more miles. NO blisters from my old pair of boots though!

SOooo guess i should have thought that through more and given myself a little more time to break in a pair of boots. Don't feel comfortable 4 weeks out seeing if a pair of boots will give me blisters or not when they're broken in so i lll just got down with the big clunky ones i have that are pretty heavy but don't give me any blisters.

Weight was down to 181.4 today after the run. Probably lost a lot of water weight.

Psalm 6:2
Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.

Day 48- was last night. wasn't able to get to the pool cause my kid got the flu and he stayed home from school today. Did a ruck sack march on the treadmill instead with 49 lbs. 6 miles at 85 minutes and 50 seconds. That really kills the traps and pretty much ripped all the skin off my back lol. Not sure if i'm doing it correctly but so be it.

Did a light tricep and bicep workout. Did like 185 close grip bench press 3 sets of 3. Then some curls at 85 lbs 3 sets of 10. Some weighted pushups and just regular ol pushups.

Going to try and make up the pool time that i missed last night today but we shall see.

Day 49- extra workout but missed the pool yesterday. Did 90 laps today PR. Note to self...don't have a subway sandwich before jumping in the pool. Felt like i was going to puke up that thing through pretty much the entire swim lol

Back