• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time to be real !! Mma fans have unreal expectations

Isthat-yo bop

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
  1. I’ve come to realize us as mma fans are spoiled , greedy and need to be honest .
  2. First it’s time to accept a lot of these dudes are juicing . Nba players usually decline around 32 , mma fighters go through more extreme forms of punishment with less resources . It makes sense that guys who fight clean decline like mark hunt , I would even suggest Chris, jhonnie Hendricks and Pettis are clean . Their declines make sense.( gsp ????, is he clean ?) idk
  3. Guys need tune up fights. Conor fighting khabib or Cain fighting werdum is just ridiculous after 2 plus years away .Also we can’t keep saying guys aren’t living up to the hype , when there isnt really an ameature scene and guys get rushed . Ngannou has been fighting for 5 years not surpsied he lost To stipe. Shit Darren till had one type five win . Need to stop dismissing guys after one loss
  4. Even though I hate wrestle fucking and boring fights . It’s sadly justified . When u start off making low money why take a risk and there be a low return . Why should a guy like usman take risks ? Where is the incentive .

1. I’ve come to realize us as mma fans are spoiled , greedy and need to be honest .
  2. First it’s time to accept a lot of these dudes are juicing . Nba players usually decline around 32 , mma fighters go through more extreme forms of punishment with less resources . It makes sense that guys who fight clean decline like mark hunt , I would even suggest Chris, jhonnie Hendricks and Pettis are clean . Their declines make sense.( gsp ????, is he clean ?) idk
  3. Guys need tune up fights. Conor fighting khabib or Cain fighting werdum is just ridiculous after 2 plus years away .Also we can’t keep saying guys aren’t living up to the hype , when there isnt really an ameature scene and guys get rushed . Ngannou has been fighting for 5 years not surpsied he lost To stipe. Shit Darren till had one type five win . Need to stop dismissing guys after one loss
  4. Even though I hate wrestle fucking and boring fights . It’s sadly justified . When u start off making low money why take a risk and there be a low return . Why should a guy like usman take risks ? Where is the incentive .

Are you drunk or having a stroke?

Cliff notes:

Some guys may be using steroids. Others, perhaps not.

Fighters lose on occasion.

Champions and high level fighters need to fight more often, inactive champs are a cancer to the sport and they're ubiquitous.

Maybe it’s time to step away from the computer

I nominate you for teh poster of the year award, homie.

I'm used to these drunk threads on Saturday. Its Monday bud, lay off the sauce

I thought you were going to make some ok points like some/most fans think every single card needs to be the greatest card ever or it sucks,if someone has a bad performance they suck,being shocked a fight fell through etc. I think some fans expectations are so high that they can't appreciate the sport,yet their still here complaining about how mma sucks...I don't exactly get it.

Some fans are like "I only know 3 names on this card" while there's tons of good fights.I always say if you don't know a fighter,flip through a few of their fights,interviews etc. and do this for an hour or two during the week for fighters you don't know and then come fight time you'll be much more interested.Which is usually followed by something like "I don't have time for that" while they make a hundred posts a day complaining about how they don't know half the fighters.This also seems odd to me.

I thought you were going to make some ok points like some/most fans think every single card needs to be the greatest card ever or it sucks,if someone has a bad performance they suck,being shocked a fight fell through etc. I think some fans expectations are so high that they can't appreciate the sport,yet their still here complaining about how mma sucks...I don't exactly get it.

Some fans are like "I only know 3 names on this card" while there's tons of good fights.I always say if you don't know a fighter,flip through a few of their fights,interviews etc. and do this for an hour or two during the week for fighters you don't know and then come fight time you'll be much more interested.Which is usually followed by something like "I don't have time for that" while they make a hundred posts a day complaining about how they don't know half the fighters.This also seems odd to me.
Fight pass makes it very easy to check out the lesser known names on the card.

Guy talks about fighters all using steroids.
Uses "jhonnie [sic] Hendricks" as an example of a guy who declined naturally because he is clean.

It's crazy how clean declines coincide with USADA testing.

Look we don't have evidence Johnny used. What we do know is a lot of fighters have and the timing of a lot of guys decline is pretty questionable. More importantly there are a lot of guys who fight clean too. And the cheaters steal money out of those guys pockets. That's shitty behavior.

I'm not sure what the rest of this thread is about... MMA fans aren't some group that are all in agreement on anything. The 2 things we have in common is that we like MMA and we like to argue with each other about subjective shit.

giphy.gif

I think everyone is hating on you because you gave a valid reason that may have been a factor in why Conor lost to Khabib

This forum cannot handle any sort of positivity/compliments towards Conor. What you wrote makes sense every other top sport is dominated by guys on gear. People comparing Lebron to MMA fighters is ridiculous when the drug testing in the NBA is a joke

Yes, fans jump so quickly on the he was never that good wagon in MMA even though a fighter has clearly aged. Totally ridiculous, you wont see anyone judging Kobe for how he played in his last 3 years.

Tune up fights are legit. You have to be a serious Conor hater to pretend that 2 years off is not gonna mess up your timing

Good thread OP

I agree with you TS, Conor with a tune up fight starches Khabib!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markdfg
Back