TIME cover shows Trump towering over (immigrant) toddler

That's just a fact though. Go to the meme thread, don't be oblivious. I'm sorry that you don't like that fact, but you also play a role in making it a fact. You are a meme thread regular, if I'm not mistaken. You like memes, you defend the memes, and you've argued for the accuracy of fake memes. Want examples?
The majority of posts in the meme thread are memes mocking liberals though. Make a similar thread with liberal based memes and you'd see the same thing.

And no, I don't need examples, I know what you're talking about. All I did was point out that the numbers were presented in a misleading way but not totally false.

“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”

Adolf Hitler

@WhitebeltXL @Post Mortem @bushman505 @sw Alaska @Pelosi2016 @Teppodama @sniper

The first sentence is an actual Hitler quote. The second sentence is fake. Do google these things.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/...most-any-curtailment-liberty-if-its-perceived

Last edited:
The majority of posts in the meme thread are memes mocking liberals though

Exactly. The majority of the posts in the meme thread are made up by right wingers because they make up the bulk of the people who love fake shit and love to spread it. That's just a fact. It's like 90% right wing nonsense, do you think this forum is 90% right wing? Of course not, but the left wing posters just don't seem to love pictures with fake information attached.

And no, I don't need examples, I know what you're talking about. All I did was point out that the numbers were presented in a misleading way but not totally false.

They were totally false. They were wrong in some cases by up to 500% lol. That's the definition of false, and false by a lot. By memory, I think 1 out of 6 statistics listed on the meme was in the ball park of truth.

This is my point, what you're doing right now. Even now, after all of the disproving, you're still holding on to some shred of truth for a totally made up meme lol. Why is that? It seems like people just want to believe fake things if it makes them feel good. Like, "Yes, whether this is true or not, it is what I really wanted to be told, so I'm going to ignore any inaccuracies and just enjoy this."

Exactly. The majority of the posts in the meme thread are made up by right wingers because they make up the bulk of the people who love fake shit and love to spread it. That's just a fact. It's like 90% right wing nonsense, do you think this forum is 90% right wing? Of course not, but the left wing posters just don't seem to love pictures with fake information attached.

They were totally false. They were wrong in some cases by up to 500% lol. That's the definition of false, and false by a lot. By memory, I think 1 out of 6 statistics listed on the meme was in the ball park of truth.

This is my point, what you're doing right now. Even now, after all of the disproving, you're still holding on to some shred of truth for a totally made up meme lol. Why is that? It seems like people just want to believe fake things if it makes them feel good. Like, "Yes, whether this is true or not, it is what I really wanted to be told, so I'm going to ignore any inaccuracies and just enjoy this."
I stand by my original point that you see what you want to see.

Time magazine went south in the early 80s.

Time themselves now admitted they lied (oh sorry 'misstated' what happened) and have issued a correction

DgTzn0eXkAAPUw9.jpg

http://time.com/longform/john-moore-getty-photo-separation/?xid=tcoshare

You got played like the gullible fools you are. But sadly, I imagine you will never learn.

I never expect people in this forum to show up and eat crow when they shit the bed. Too much ego and emotion at stake. That said, I’ll never understand why people don’t learn from the past. Shit like this debacle happens all the time and could have been spotted from a mile away. I don’t get how any poster would undermine their own reputation on circumstances this sketchy

I never expect people in this forum to show up and eat crow when they shit the bed. Too much ego and emotion at stake. That said, I’ll never understand why people don’t learn from the past. Shit like this debacle happens all the time and could have been spotted from a mile away. I don’t get how any poster would undermine their own reputation on circumstances this sketchy

If they haven't learned by now, they never will. The media will move on, this will be quickly forgotten about, they will soon have some other bullshit to be spoon feed to them and once again, these same people will mindlessly lap it up. Rinse and repeat.

You're upset that
If they haven't learned by now, they never will. The media will move on, this will be quickly forgotten about, they will soon have some other bullshit to be spoon feed to them and once again, these same people will mindlessly lap it up. Rinse and repeat.

If only we were so noble as conservatives, then we could all just put our heads in the sand and pretend that thousands of children have been needlessly separated from their parents and the administration has continually lied about their reasons for doing so.

If only we were so brave as to never discuss any issue, and only look to end all conversation.

many magazines often try to craft their covers for maximum impact. this has been going on for a very long time in the publishing world.
Like literally the whole time magazines have existed.

People are so dumb...

Disgusting, inflammatory and inaccurate...

Most important of all, it does nothing to forward honest discourse on the matter.

Not surprising unfortunately
No, what is disgusting is caging up thousands of children. Do you have the same outrage for that as you do a fucking magazine cover?

How long has it been that a Time cover actually mattered? About the same time as the Nobel prize turned into a cereal box giveaway?

They were wrong in some cases by up to 500% lol.

How can one be 500% wrong? You're either 0% wrong or some percentage up to 100%... but 500%?

This new age math shit is confusing me.

I stand by my original point that you see what you want to see.

I have to agree with this. It may not be Memes, but there are endless left wing/liberal rants on facebook. People like and repost them to no end. It is pretty much the exact same thing, propagating biased messages and misinformation (usually a personal opinion with no real basis).

It is not a "fact" that it is 90% right wing. Hell, the FACT that TIME, CNN, washington post, MSM, keep getting caught shows that it is not just some right wing thing. That is legit laughable.

How can one be 500% wrong? You're either 0% wrong or some percentage up to 100%... but 500%?

This new age math shit is confusing me.

500% is 5x. If you say 5, but the answer was 1, you exaggerated the answer by 500%.

I have to agree with this. It may not be Memes, but there are endless left wing/liberal rants on facebook. People like and repost them to no end. It is pretty much the exact same thing, propagating biased messages and misinformation (usually a personal opinion with no real basis).

It is not a "fact" that it is 90% right wing. Hell, the FACT that TIME, CNN, washington post, MSM, keep getting caught shows that it is not just some right wing thing. That is legit laughable.

We were talking about the meme thread. Feel free to count them up. My estimate is 9/10, maybe it's 8. You seem to be talking about a completely different subject here.

You also ignored the rest of that post, which was a perfect example of him believing a meme, finding out it's false, then still trying to believe it anyways.

Last edited:
500% is 5x. If you say 5, but the answer was 1, you exaggerated the answer by 500%.
Well then put it that way you butt. It's Friday.. the use of percentages and shit is confusing at this stage of the week.

Meh too much manipulation will make people jaded when they actually have a real story to tell

Back