TIME cover shows Trump towering over (immigrant) toddler

I read 'Time', and this is the 4th controversial cover they have used with Trump. Real news media is suppose to be neutral on issues. Present both sides of the issue. 'Time' has gone out of their way to bash Trump since taking office. They are also selective (bias) on what they print regarding reader's response. It used to be a good magazine, but now it has turned to shit.
trump-king1.jpg
I agree real News Media should be neutral. Is it too much to expect a news channel anchor to not have the same lawyer as the President, or at the very least disclose it prior to being busted for it.

the problem is that 99% of the general public gets their political news and opinions from memes on social media. few of them are going out and studying anything. and most of them cant even tell when something is a blatant lie. they have all these "satire" sights now that post stupid shit, people share it and think it is real. i some of these headlines are incredibly out there and people just believe it. and both sides are guilty of it.

Bingo. I keep saying this, and people (the meme thread people), keep saying it's just for fun. That kind of shit is warping brains around the country, and I'm not even kidding.

Bingo. I keep saying this, and people (the meme thread people), keep saying it's just for fun. That kind of shit is warping brains around the country, and I'm not even kidding.
You don't seem to call out everyone on this stuff though. Maybe you do, but I haven't seen it anyway. You seem to only get upset when its conservatives you think are being fooled.

You don't seem to call out everyone on this stuff though. Maybe you do, but I haven't seen it anyway. You seem to only get upset when its conservatives you think are being fooled.

That's just because on this particular site, it's almost exclusively right wing people spreading it. What would you say, 90%? I can't really call people out who aren't even here. I've always said it's a problem for both sides, it's just not an equal problem.

That's just because on this particular site, it's almost exclusively right wing people spreading it. What would you say, 90%? I can't really call people out who aren't even here. I've always said it's a problem for both sides, it's just not an equal problem.
Look at the fake pics and stories of crying children at the border. Don't pretend any one side is immune.

Look at the fake pics and stories of crying children at the border. Don't pretend any one side is immune.

I just said it's a problem on both sides, nobody is immune, in the very post that you quoted. In general, people are dumb and believe things they see online. But there is also a clear difference in who, and how often, people intentionally create and spread clear misinformation. For example, this is a case of a real situation being represented with a picture that turned out not to fit the situation. That sucks, but it's not a far fetched mistake to make. But if it was a meme, it would also include completely made up facts and people would then believe those facts indefinitely. It would say, "40% of immigrant children are raped at the border, by agents paid by George Soros" and then people would actually say that during other conversations as if it was true. Do you want some examples of what I mean?

I just said it's a problem on both sides, nobody is immune, in the very post that you quoted. In general, people are dumb and believe things they see online. But there is also a clear difference in who, and how often, people intentionally create and spread clear misinformation. For example, this is a case of a real situation being represented with a picture that turned out not to fit the situation. That sucks, but it's not a far fetched mistake to make. But if it was a meme, it would also include completely made up facts and people would then believe those facts indefinitely. Do you want some examples of what I mean?
"Yeah no one is immune... but mostly people on your side.... not people like me...."

"Yeah no one is immune... but mostly people on your side.... not people like me...."

That's just a fact though. Go to the meme thread, don't be oblivious. I'm sorry that you don't like that fact, but you also play a role in making it a fact. You are a meme thread regular, if I'm not mistaken. You like memes, you defend the memes, and you've argued for the accuracy of fake memes. Want examples?

speaking of memes, "Paul Joseph Watson explains what the effects will be on the internet as we know it:"

@Darkballs has no integrity. He prefers to keep his head buried in the sand instead of admit that the media played him for a bitch.
Yea I think it's jumping the gun to claim it was fake news right off the bat just because Breitbart and Daily Mail reported on it.

this is a case of a real situation being represented with a picture that turned out not to fit the situation. That sucks, but it's not a far fetched mistake to make

I don't know exactly what you mean by "far-fetched", but:

With the deep pockets of the media conglomerates, you would think they could at least do a basic check before proclaiming that girl the symbol of the non-existent "family separation policy". I'd wager millions of people were misled by it, as it's been run on the covers of most of the MSM outlets.

You are railing against people getting their news from fake memes. Of course consumers themselves deserve some blame, but the recklessness and bias of the mainstream media is a bigger factor in my opinion. "Alternative" news sources have been available since the founding of the nation, but when I was a boy the MSM had serious credibility in the eyes of the public. Now, according to multiple quality polls, that credibility has been all but destroyed among non-Democrats.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "far-fetched", but:

With the deep pockets of the media conglomerates, you would think they could at least do a basic check before proclaiming that girl the symbol of the non-existent "family separation policy". I'd wager millions of people were misled by it, as it's been run on the covers of most of the MSM outlets.

You are railing against people getting their news from fake memes. Of course consumers themselves deserve some blame, but the recklessness and bias of the mainstream media is a bigger factor in my opinion. "Alternative" news sources have been available since the founding of the nation, but when I was a boy the MSM had serious credibility in the eyes of the public. Now, according to multiple quality polls, that credibility has been all but destroyed among non-Democrats.

Of course they should be more careful, and of course the media is horrendous. They should be checking this shit before they run with it, absolutely.

But we cannot make such lame ass excuses to act like idiots. "Well, I would be more intelligent and more careful about what I believe on the internet, but I can't because I don't like CNN." That is basically repeated on here daily now, and that's just really dumb.

Everyone needs to hold themselves to some standard. Don't lower your standard just because you don't like the media, that makes no sense. There is no excuse to believe in memes.

Of course they should be more careful, and of course the media is horrendous. They should be checking this shit before they run with it, absolutely.

But we cannot make such lame ass excuses to act like idiots. "Well, I would be more intelligent and more careful about what I believe on the internet, but I can't because I don't like CNN." That is basically repeated on here daily now, and that's just really dumb.

Everyone needs to hold themselves to some standard. Don't lower your standard just because you don't like the media, that makes no sense. There is no excuse to believe in memes.
I mean, I agreed with that already in my post.

Not long ago liberals would have been fine with chopping up and that little girl and throwing her into a medical waste dumpster.

That's just a fact though. Go to the meme thread, don't be oblivious. I'm sorry that you don't like that fact, but you also play a role in making it a fact. You are a meme thread regular, if I'm not mistaken. You like memes, you defend the memes, and you've argued for the accuracy of fake memes. Want examples?

yes meme's are usually 90% fake news anyone who goes into the meme thread for anything other than a laugh is a complete and total retard, but that doesn't mean the news should engage in fake news.

yes meme's are usually 90% fake news anyone who goes into the meme thread for anything other than a laugh is a complete and total retard, but that doesn't mean the news should engage in fake news.

Of course not. The news stations should be a lot more careful in how they present things, and they pretty much are all horrible.

I agree real News Media should be neutral. Is it too much to expect a news channel anchor to not have the same lawyer as the President, or at the very least disclose it prior to being busted for it.
Or not collude with a presidential candidate by giving debate questions to her? Or not manufacture images that imply abuse of migrant children to create division in our country?

Smoke and mirrors. They can't even get a kid who is actually seeking asylum. It's a show folks, buy your tickets now.
And yes this was already posted.... it's so good it needs to be posted again

Shared via TweetCaster

Back