TIME cover shows Trump towering over (immigrant) toddler

Link to Princeton study:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~nyhan/fake-news-2016.pdf

Approximately 1 in 4 Americans visited a fake news website from October 7-November 14, 2016. Trump supporters visited the most fake news websites, which were overwhelmingly pro-Trump. However, fake news consumption was heavily concentrated among a small group — almost 6 in 10 visits to fake news websites came from the 10% of people with the most conservative online information diets. We also find that Facebook was a key vector of exposure to fake news and that fact-checks of fake news almost never reached its consumers.

It doesn't matter if it's fake as long as they "feel" it's true then it is to them.

Findings of the Oxford study:

Now seriously, does that actually surprise anybody? Did anybody think the meme thread here was an aberration? Of course not. It's a microcosm of our society. The left wing posters rarely post or fall for completely fabricated information, and a certain group of right wing posters seem to relish in it.

Lol, the study says that happens among "extreme, far right groups". I have had this discussion on this board, even with you in none other than the MEME thread, about how there are facebook pages and other social media spamming out endless garbage. Some times the content isn't even created by people, but by computer programs. In addition there are "bots" that farm likes and page traffic. I am sure these facebook sites are being considered as some these "extreme right wing groups" in these studies. It is low hanging fruit to try prove a point. That is the problem with you guys, is that you associate everyone who leans right, with these extreme, right groups. That is a very small minority, some of which is likely spam/robots pumping our nonsense and farming views/traffic. A lot of it is Russian based, does that mean your precious studies are being manipulated by the Russians? Or is the left immune to that?

God forbid there is one or two autistic/schizo somewhere in like Missouri on the internet that found his way to Sherdog. Just like in the meme thread, it is basically the same 1-2 posters, posting junk. Just going through the last few pages of the MEME thread, it is basically CINT posting the majority of the crap. Mixed with a few things that I actually did find a bit funny, posted by Igna, GearMetalsolid, and Eddison. So that confirms what I was saying. Most of these actually funny things are twitter posts from more right winged media outlets like Crowder (sp?), political comics, and even a couple of the memes posted by people other than Cint. Even dragracer is posting some stuff that I did find a bit funny, like this.

Further more, you also have to take into account that the only president to be around during the advent of smart phones, wide spread high-speed internet, non-expensive photo editing programs, and actual social media is Obama. And did you not say in this thread, that when people are discontent, an easy target is in fact the president? So there isn't much of a data pool to say otherwise.

You also have to take into account that this study is considering as a "meme". Take a minute and remember 2004, 2005, quite a long time ago right? The very early stages of social media, before every kid knew how to edit photos and post stuff on the internet, before the word MEME even became a work. Were there not a lot of edited photos? They called them photochops on sites like somethingawful, which would then circulate on places like myspace and sites like livejournal. There were quite a number of George Bush and his administration. These are considered Memes in that study, I bet.

On top of that, channels like Comedy Central help build their networks with liberal leaning shows such as The Daily Show, Bill Mahr, etc. These same shows, along with dozens of other new ones are still on. These shows basically make MEME with big budgets, catered toward the liberal audiences. John Oliver is actually 30 minutes of liberal memes, but on TV with a budget from HBO. Out of context shit, with skilled editing, that might not be 100% factually correct, but shares the general sentiment that liberals feel. Only problem is that it isn't considered a MEME when a liberal person in Oxford is conducting a study. The video clips from these shows have been being posted on social media since its advent, which is why I said go on to facebook, and see what the majority of people are liking and sharing.

Keeping that in mind, this site is a pretty narrow demographic, so it acts as a pretty easy place to find some group think, and vent. So go into the MEME thread again, ignoring CINT, and without your liberal goggles.

Given it is mostly males, is it surprising there is a lot of anti-feminist and transgender stuff going around in that thread?

I am also going to assume most people on here are American born, a majority being white, so is it really surprising that there is some anti-immigration sentiment in there?

I am also going to guess that a lot of people who gravitate towards combat sports and also enjoy talking about politics are cops, (ex)military, small business owners/trade workers, etc who do not like things like high taxes, they are pro military, pro law enforcement, etc. There are exceptions, of course.

In summary, that is why that "study" coupled with the MEME thread as a snapshot of the internet/social media is pretty wack.

@cottagecheesefan

@SBJJ what is the War Room's reputation around sherdog?

BpCGja1.png

@cottagecheesefan

@SBJJ what is the War Room's reputation around sherdog?

You know what it is o at least was. I will admit the Mods are starting to penalize the constant insults and trolling now. And I never said that people thought the WR was filled with liberals. I said it was looked at as a place where Right leaning posters were dubbed or banned. And it was looked at that way. To be fair. Many of the Left leaning posters who do nothing but derail and insult are being dubbed and even banned now

It’s funny you keep posting studies of FB posts and Joke MEMEs. Meanwhile you are getting hit over & over with actual biased and fake media propaganda

Last edited:
Just LOL at a poster constantly talking about FB posts and a Meme thread in the WR while we are being inundated with massive propaganda from major media outlets

It’s as if some people can not just admit what is actually happening

Damn you for making me laugh at that

I can't stop laughing at the image of Trump knocking the shit out of a 4yo little bitch. He should fuck her in the ass too - that would be hilarious guyz!!!

You people and these forums are pathetic. Funny that fake ass Christian @Johnny Mac i mean ripskater got a hefty charge out of that one. Jesus would be so proud.

I can't stop laughing at the image of Trump knocking the shit out of a 4yo little bitch. He should fuck her in the ass too - that would be hilarious guyz!!!

You people and these forums are pathetic. Funny that fake ass Christian @Johnny Mac i mean ripskater got a hefty charge out of that one. Jesus would be so proud.
I don't know you, and I'm not ripskater. I'm sorry he hurt you.

Time can’t get enough of this clown. He has been on virtually every cover for the last two years. Get the fuck over it you whiny ass bitches.

More GUIDED OUTRAGE that the ctrl-left falls for hook, line, and sinker.

hiya Bald1,

its good to see you, my old friend.

in terms of the origin of this policy, i have no idea. to be honest, i'm not as outraged about this as most seem to be.

in the long run, of course i don't think history will judge us kindly for this - if you think about it, any legislation that seemed racially based is never seen in a good light as the decades by, but i kinda see this as small potatoes in the big picture.

i've gotta add that its pretty hilarious to me that this issue, of all things, has finally gotten evangelicals off their asses.

- IGIT

Hiya Igit,
You couldn't resist getting that evangelism dig in lol. You don't see this for what it is? It's another last ditch effort by the ctrl-left to distract from the IG report and how well Trump is doing.

Illegal immigration is illegal. Parents getting separated from their children is inevitable when you break the law.

Just LOL at a poster constantly talking about FB posts and a Meme thread in the WR while we are being inundated with massive propaganda from major media outlets

It’s as if some people can not just admit what is actually happening

The idea that facebook, twitter and random people posting memes on the internet is in any way comparable to the multi billion dollar, multinational, corporate sponsored mass media constantly spewing out lies and propaganda is utterly laughable. Talk about clutching at straws. It's the same as how whenever this bullshit gets exposed they then change the narrative to "oh well, it doesn't matter that it was fake, it's what it represents that's important".

It's pointless trying to reason with people like this. They are a lost cause. This will happen again, they will fall for it again, they will defend it again. Rinse and repeat.

Back