Time between squats and deadlifts

Klotz

Shalom
Reaction score
How many days should I wait after doing squats before doing deadlifts? What about vice versa, deadlifts before squats?

My main concern is that my ass and hamstring will still be sore/tired from squats by the time I get to the deadlifts. Is two days enough?

depends how heavy you go/overall intensity/volume/type of workout...as little as 1 day to as long as a week or more...

I used to do 10*3 but I think I'm switching it to 5*5. I'll probably be doing about 225 for squats and about 205 for deads right now, at a body weight of about 190.

I do deads on thursday and squats on sunday. So 2 days between deads and squats and 3 between squats and deads.

Preferably 72 hours minimum if you're going heavy (so two whole rest days), but DEVILsSON is right it does depend on how heavy you're going. I've done 20 rep squats 3 times a week ahnd been okay.

I lift 3 times per week, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. I altenrate squats and deadlifts and it seems to be working out ok for me. So I have, what, 48 hours, between squats and deadlifts? Then 72 hours once per week. And if I do go too heavy with my squats one day, I will adjust the workout, but that usually happens with pullups and bench rather than squats or deadlifts for me.

SmashiusClay said:
Preferably 72 hours minimum if you're going heavy (so two whole rest days), but DEVILsSON is right it does depend on how heavy you're going. I've done 20 rep squats 3 times a week ahnd been okay.

Not necessarily the case. A full day in between will be fine.

Back