Tim Sylvia hespect thread

It's strange how time changes things. I remember coming to this forum before I joined and there were hardly any praise for Timmeh but nowadays, a positive thread about Timmeh shows up every other month. <Goldie11>

I always liked Timmeh, he was a big dude with a lot of power and his fights against AA were very entertaining.

He was a few years older than he actually was during his UFC tenure. It was never made clear why he liked about it,maybe thought he would be more marketable if younger
So how old is he ?

So how old is he ?

His DOB is listed as 76, I'd have to go back and hunt, but I believe he is about 10 years older than his listed age. He actually admitted to it in an interview a few years ago.

His DOB is listed as 76, I'd have to go back and hunt, but I believe he is about 10 years older than his listed age. He actually admitted to it in an interview a few years ago.
Lol no fucking way is he 51

From what i can find out he was born in 74 not 76 so 2 yrs younger . Says he is born in 76 but he grad high school in 1992 so it only makes sense he was born in 74 not 76

tumblr_m67or3IqH01ry1rm7o1_250.gif

<{cruzshake}>
Yeah nah

I always felt it was a huge embarrassment to the UFC for big unco Tim to be their HW champion aka Baddest Man on The Planet.

He had cringe worthy athleticism and skills and him being champ only spoke to how woeful the skill level was in the UFC HW division at the time.

Arlovski shitting the bed with a little tap to his faulty chin by a rocked Sylvia in their 2nd fight was a painful thing to watch, which led to an absolute stinkfest of a 3rd fight. One of the worst fights ever. Omg the pain.

Thank fuck a slow, small, old man Couture gave us an exciting dethroning of the "champ".

Nobody liked Tim Sylvia, not even gay Jesus.

And despite all that, he came VERY close to being the first man to finish "Pride god" Big Nog.

I just seen Big Timmeh last week signing autographs. He had to duct tape his UFC belt on since it doesnt fit around his waist anymore.

And despite all that, he came VERY close to being the first man to finish "Pride god" Big Nog.

In MMA only the result counts. Only the winner is the one we remember.

Big Nog's whole career was about getting a beating then coming back with a crazy submission.

Overeem was close to beat Stipe, Fujita was close to beat Fedor, hell, even Fedor was close to beat Mitrione, but at the end of the day we only remember the one who leaves the ring with his hands raised.

It is crazy how much of a joke he is to internet MMA fans now, I remember when he first came around it was like he was a damn monster, I'll never forget the night he killed Ricco Rodriguez, it was like holy shit who is this guy.

I remember how mad/embarrassed the Miletich guys in his corner were when he tapped to Arlovski's straight foothold, the gym I used to train at would have disowned a fighter for tapping to that, what I was taught was that it was just a pain submission that there is no damage that can be done with it, it just hurts really bad.

In MMA only the result counts. Only the winner is the one we remember.

Big Nog's whole career was about getting a beating then coming back with a crazy submission.

Overeem was close to beat Stipe, Fujita was close to beat Fedor, hell, even Fedor was close to beat Mitrione, but at the end of the day we only remember the one who leaves the ring with his hands raised.

Clearly not, given you remember all of that happening.

Big Nog had already taken on his final form of Zombie Nog. Pride Nog is literally a different person. Zombie Nog was the perfect name - he had a hole in his back due to already being deaded, moved like a corpse, looked 60 years plus in his thirties and more like a character out of Plants vs Zombies.

Conor's "Stiff as a board" comment could not apply to anyone better than Zombie Nog. His body was an actual fused board. I remember watching Nog warm up in the octagon and it was pitiful. It was Bethe Correia'esque and I would shake my head thinking who am I watching here? Certainly not the Nog of Pride. Sylvia vs Zombie Nog was not pretty to watch.

Notice what happened to Zombie Nog against Cain, someone who has actual athleticism paired with skills in the HW division? Nog was so plodding it looked like he was fighting from a different time zone. So glad Nog finally hung up the gloves. Nobody needs to see that.

Sylvia is a classic example how laughable weak the HW division was and still mostly is.

Sylvia was the precursor to Tyson Fury being a respected type of character in the fight world.

I thought it was funny when he shit his pants during a fight. Got to give him credit for that.

Back