Tim Sylvia hespect thread

dude you must really have a crush on fedor dont you? because you always have a excuse to talk about him.

did he turn you down or something?

I remember seeing the shift on sherdog, it was hilarious. Before the Fedor fight Sylvia was considered a joke and everyone hated him. Then after Fedor beat him he was all of a sudden one of the greatest HW's ever and it was soooo great how Fedor beat him etc. So pretentious, so fake and obvious what the agenda has always been.

We are supposed to be impressed by "Turnt his life around" and "all things considered" ?
Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.gif
<17>

Jack and Jill went up the hill-
Each to fetch much needed candles-
So this is where I pay my homage-
To Tim Sylvia, his "fun body" and -
his legendary love handles.....

#trulyneverforgotten.

Didn't he want to fight Pat Barry?

He had a little streak of 4 straight TKO/sub punches wins after the Mercer debacle and was getting people to bug DW about him on twitter. Then he got KO'd by Abe Wagner and the possibility was gone. Unless they do TUF Comebacks HW and he loses 50 pounds.

He was the worst HW champion to watch fight, but he is accomplished so I guess I respect him.

Before tim left the ufc they should of booked brock/tim when they had the chance, if they both won at ufc 81 it might of happen but both lost and tim left ufc to fight fedor post ufc 81. A win over Sylvia compared to herring would of made the brock title shot more palpable if it occurred. sure still undeserved but a win over an ex champ would be more credible.

Tim was champ when pride had the best hws so he ruled the weakest ufc hw division at the time but he fought that place in front of him.

Before tim left the ufc they should of booked brock/tim when they had the chance, if they both won at ufc 81 it might of happen but both lost and tim left ufc to fight fedor post ufc 81. A win over Sylvia compared to herring would of made the brock title shot more palpable if it occurred. sure still undeserved but a win over an ex champ would be more credible.
A fight with Tim would've help legitimize Lesnar a lot more for sure.
Actually if Lesnar had fought Sylvia, Andrei, and Werdum back in that era his resume would've been pretty solid.

Yeah I don't think Timmy is going to end up in the hall of fame any time soon.

I was always a fan. He had troubles late career and real self image issues (got dinged for steroids for weight loss trying to get ripped, walked around in public with his belt). Nice to see that he has built a solid business away from the fight world.

I always found it amusing that he lied about his age while fighting as well.
He lied about his age ? I have never heard that and ive been a fan since 99 can you enlighten me bud thanks .

I remember seeing the shift on sherdog, it was hilarious. Before the Fedor fight Sylvia was considered a joke and everyone hated him. Then after Fedor beat him he was all of a sudden one of the greatest HW's ever and it was soooo great how Fedor beat him etc. So pretentious, so fake and obvious what the agenda has always been.

Exactly. Then the world wanted Fedor vs Randy, who had also beaten Sylvia. It came close to happening when Couture temporarily left the UFC, but didn't. Then Randy fought Brock. He was supposed to win easily, but when he lost, Sherdog was like "Why is Brock fighting a 45-year old man!!" Yes, the same old man that was supposed to be a dream fight for Fedor.

Yeah I don't think Timmy is going to end up in the hall of fame any time soon.

He deserves about 1,000,000,000 times more than Stefan Bonnar. He won a belt and defended it, while Bonnar was the definition of a mid-tier fighter who never got close to a title match.

He lied about his age ? I have never heard that and ive been a fan since 99 can you enlighten me bud thanks .

He was a few years older than he actually was during his UFC tenure. It was never made clear why he liked about it,maybe thought he would be more marketable if younger

What I remember (and that may not be much or accurate) he was fighting aggresssively coming up the ranks.
When he got the strap he did a flip, fought ultraconservatively just to keep the belt (cough Woodley) lost most of his fans in the process.

Always liked the guy. The image they were trying to push didn't really fit who he was as a person. He was a guy who wasn't comfortable in the spotlight but was obviously passionate about fighting.

Back