Tim Sylvia hespect thread

thumbnail_crop.php__9.jpeg
I want to cut him open and wear him as a coat

Ray Mercer was literally in his 50's. JDS was in his prime, the #1 UFC contender and the heaviest hitter in the sport.

Are you seriously arguing that Cain losing to JDS in their first fight was more embarrassing than Sylvia losing to Mercer?

I think we are done here, Carl.

I'm not saying it is more embarrassing, but getting koed by mercer isn't as shameful as you would have us believe.

And yes, we are done.

Regards

Probably, but I wouldn't have been that surprised if he won a few and crept in to top 5-10.

His size and experience would pose a lot of problems and prove a good test for up and comers.

He could be the hw jacare, but better--a gatekeeper but a dangerous one.

naw, he really didn't have anymore fights in him health wise, he was forced to retire

I was always a fan. He had troubles late career and real self image issues (got dinged for steroids for weight loss trying to get ripped, walked around in public with his belt). Nice to see that he has built a solid business away from the fight world.

I always found it amusing that he lied about his age while fighting as well.
Yeah that was fuckin weird when the age thing all came to light. Turned out being noticably older than he was listed. It really explained his sudden drop off at seemingly random time in his career.

I was always a fan. He had troubles late career and real self image issues (got dinged for steroids for weight loss trying to get ripped, walked around in public with his belt). Nice to see that he has built a solid business away from the fight world.

I always found it amusing that he lied about his age while fighting as well.
Oh? Never heard the last part there

in some sort of alternative universe Timmy could have been a popular overachiever. the guy was obviousy very limited athletically yet he became a champ.

instead he seemed to have been mostly disliked and laughed at. he did say a few stupid things but mostly the crowd is fickle.

he was not an easy guy to beat in his prime.

I do take exception to that old Rogan gem "Timmy just took steroids to look better". says who? Joe? yet it gets repeated all the time. it could be true but more likely he took them for the same reason why many, many athletes take steroids - to gain an advantage.

Timmy is probably wearing the belt right now.

- shit himself in the cage
- wore his belt EVERYWHERE, including to bed
- put on extremely boring fights after he won the belt
- went on that dating show (I can't even rewatch...it's just too embarrassing)
- got smoked by real HW talent when he finally fought them (Randy, Fedor and Not)
- went on to put on 100+ pounds and get KOd in embarrassing fashion.

Poor Tim. He was legitimate in his day, but he's the definition of getting left behind by show business. Unpleasant physique, kinda ugly, awkward personality, lacked any real athleticism traits. Shit himself.

He made it to the top by using his huge size, a long jab and TDD at a time when there wasn't much competition. At least he made us laugh.

hahahahaha
i dont know if this was intentionally written to be funny but case given.. it worked.. hahahahaha

I didn't mean to sell him short. No doubt he worked hard. No one becomes UFC champ without working hard. He's also gone 5 rounds a couple of times, which for a guy his size, would mean he has to be a workhorse in the gym.

But that's kind of the reality of it - he relied on two tools. In most most fights he relied heavily on a long jab and TDD, which he got very good at and his size assisted greatly. That's no knock on him, but it gave us some horridly boring fights, mainly once he snatched the title.

Then there's this thing about Hughes making him cry in the gym...why someone of Sylvia's size wouldn't just hammer fist Hughes into the ground if he was running his mouth like that instead of breaking down and crying.

I dunno. Sylvia is probably the most misunderstood MMA champ in history. Sherdog had a good article on the big Timmeh a while back.

i thought we forgot how much of a dick hughes was since his accident

<{cruzshake}>
Yeah nah

I always felt it was a huge embarrassment to the UFC for big unco Tim to be their HW champion aka Baddest Man on The Planet.

He had cringe worthy athleticism and skills and him being champ only spoke to how woeful the skill level was in the UFC HW division at the time.

Arlovski shitting the bed with a little tap to his faulty chin by a rocked Sylvia in their 2nd fight was a painful thing to watch, which led to an absolute stinkfest of a 3rd fight. One of the worst fights ever. Omg the pain.

Thank fuck a slow, small, old man Couture gave us an exciting dethroning of the "champ".

Nobody liked Tim Sylvia, not even gay Jesus.

You know whats sad? That there is not one highlight video of him on youtube (that i could find)

None of you give a shit about Sylvia, you are just trying to hype him up so that Fedor's win over him looks better.
dude you must really have a crush on fedor dont you? because you always have a excuse to talk about him.

did he turn you down or something?

Back