Tim Sylvia hespect thread

We are supposed to be impressed by "Turnt his life around" and "all things considered" ?
Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.gif

2000: Travels to NJ to see UFC 28
2000: Sells everything he owns and moves to the middle of nowhere to train
2001: Wins first MMA fight
2002: Enters the UFC with a 13-0 record and 11 stopages (1 of only 2 guys to last - Ben Rothwell)
2003: Wins and defends UFC HW Championship

Never felt he deserved all the hate he got.

Did he pass all of his drug test? I was just curious because I have heard people who fail test are cheaters and not many people respect cheating especially when people can get badly injured as a result. I am not the one who said this but it makes sense
In mma that doesn't mean anything, since almost all the stars failed a drug-test some time. We also have several fighters that have suspicious test-results but not enough evidence to fail the test..even if Usada knows... And we have dozens of guys that fail the eye test.

He beat Ricco when Ricco was the fucking man. It's unfortunate so few people give him any credit.

he had solid boxing and solid takedown defense. he was piecing up nog in their interim title fight before he got caught in the choke. we woulda got sylvia vs mir or even big tim vs brock down the road.

The guy took steroids. All of his achievements don't mean much since he was on peds.

He was still a dick
I am from the Quad Cities, and I can vouch for Tim being a dick, personally. Dude used to take his belt with him to local night clubs and just act like a complete douche. Robbie was always cool AF though.

I do too.

It's incredible how much of an impact having Dayna not liking someone can have.

Signs and keeps hpv and cm punk and sage, but legit fighter like Tim isn't welcome.
Dana only likes people who aid him financially. Otherwise, he will cut you off. He cut his own mother off ffs

So we post an unflattering picture to discredit someone's achievements?

Seems a bit juvenile, but ok.

I didn't post that pic. I captioned it as a joke. Settle down, Tim. People know you were a UFC champ.

Big Tim brought a lot of hate on himself, especially carrying his belt everywhere he went. Wearing it unnecessarily, etc.

I'll never forget the roar of the crowd when Randy kicked his ass. That's probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd scream because of an outcome at an MMA event.

These Timmeh appreciation threads pop up again every couple of months. But I really think they should happen every couple of weeks.

quote-i-m-the-oldest-i-ve-ever-been-right-now-tim-sylvia-80-1-0161.jpg

He was champ when the UFC HW division was the B league. This is why I have never been sold on him or Arlovski.

Back