Tim Kennedy Shares His Thoughts on Anti-Depressants

Anti-depressants and big pharma companies are a load of shit, any level headed adult should be able to realize this.

Kennedy isn’t some genius for pointing it out.
Lol. so are antibiotics and vaccines eh?

Damn. I think they are both in large part due to genetics. Depression runs on my mums side. Not sure whats worse too much or too little sleep. Ive never had too much haha.

When I was in a Partial Hospitalization program with people in crisis for depression and anxiety-related issues, I noticed more of them had your issue of undersleeping versus mine of oversleeping. To be honest, I have no idea what is worse, but I'm biased. I hate oversleeping since it deprives you of free time and the ability to enjoy a full day. I also feel like you still feel exhausted like you haven't slept.

Why are so many people even depressed. There is so much shit to do. You can literally make shit up and make a life out of it. We live in a time where you can learn anything, go anywhere. See anything. Create anything. I feel like if you go to far into the realm of “what’s the point of anything?” You start to lose your presence, and enjoyment of life suffers. Fuck a meaning, let’s have some fun, have great relationships and remind each other we aren’t alone and there are people who want to have fun with us

How fucking ignorant can people be lol. Real depression is caused by chemical imbalances in your brain. That's your reason for why people are depressed. Because it's a sickness

Antidepressants (citalopram) likely saved my life when I was at my worst and had suicidal thoughts multiple times a day. People who are unexperienced with depression often believe that the root cause is Always social isolation or unhealthy living. I have been playing sports all my life, an interest in nutrition , a decent careers, relationships etc and was still dreading getting out of bed every morning because I just didnt want to face life. My suffering was prolonged for years because I bought into the thinking that depression is a sign of weakness, and pills are always a cop out. In the end therapy and mindfulness meditation has helped me live a much happier life, but I would have never been calm and clear enough to practice either of those things without the antidepressants taking the edge off.
Similar story here. Thanks for sharing. Well said, unlike ol’ Tim Kennedy and his mouth vomit.

Tim Kennedy is entitled to his opinion. I agree about big pharma (to a certain degree), but I don't necessarily agree with his "cure" for depression.

Growing up with family members who battled mental illness, which lead me to studying mental health in college, it's not as easy as healthy diet, exercise and sunshine. It can be a lot more complex than that. It's something that's still very new in today's society, so I don't think we've even scratched the surface as to what mental health issues are truly capable of.

For people that think they've got "the cure" for depression...

Last edited:
When your antidepressant meds say on the bottle "May cause depression".

Then you're a moron for taking them.

Buddy of mine was taking them and he wasnt feeling better...in fact he was worse. Gained 30 pounds too and was lethargic as fuck.

Read the bottle and asked him why he was taking this shit. <GOT4>

When I was in a Partial Hospitalization program with people in crisis for depression and anxiety-related issues, I noticed more of them had your issue of undersleeping versus mine of oversleeping. To be honest, I have no idea what is worse, but I'm biased. I hate oversleeping since it deprives you of free time and the ability to enjoy a full day. I also feel like you still feel exhausted like you haven't slept.
Interesting i totally get your point too and oversleeping probably leads to exhaustion and obviously a shorter day. But laying down between 11pm and 4am with nothing but your own thoughts driving you crazy then getting up at 7am and feeling like crap isnt great either.
But i try to stay positive haha

Why are so many people even depressed. There is so much shit to do. You can literally make shit up and make a life out of it. We live in a time where you can learn anything, go anywhere. See anything. Create anything. I feel like if you go to far into the realm of “what’s the point of anything?” You start to lose your presence, and enjoyment of life suffers. Fuck a meaning, let’s have some fun, have great relationships and remind each other we aren’t alone and there are people who want to have fun with us

easy for me and you to say this since we are not depressed, but some people's brains work differently.

I think it all comes down to having a good friend you can count on and hear you out everytime, romantically or not because loneliness is definitely the main cause or losing someone. Every individual needs a ear.

Well there it is.

Without a lick of Medical expertise Mr. Kennedy has single handedly cured depression.
Now if he could just stop trying to find Hitler, downplaying torture and being a middle american fashion mogul maybe he could do a USO tour explaining to all these soldiers that they're just not exercising and getting enough sun

https://www.militarytimes.com/veter...dy-finds-20-veterans-commit-suicide-each-day/

I'm sure he couldve benefitted from using antidepressants after that horrific beatdown he experienced from Gastelum

Sex is the last thing someone with (serious) depression should do.
A specific timeframe of mediation + cognitive behavioral therapy is a proven way to overcome it.

"Dont do it man!!! Dont put it in! Oh god, oh MY GOD!!!!! He did it!! He put it IN her!!!!!!!!
Noooooooooooo!"

Exercise, sex, sunlight, healthy diet, the ocean and friendships didn't seem to work as a cure for Bourdain, though. I'm pretty sure the guy had all of it.

Not sold on the effects of anti-depressants, either.
Tim is right that pills only defer the effect while you are on them, while having a myriad of side effects.
But just having friends, and running around the ocean doesn't fix depression. People confuse depression with being low or sad, and Tim sounds just like that. It's a chemical imbalance of the hormones that will always exist when someone has depression etc. You just need to learn to live with it, and not everyone can handle it the same way.

Welcome to the tin foil hat era.

And you also look cool making stupid statements like these.

Why is anyone paying attention to what Tim Kennedy thinks about anything?

Back