Tim Kennedy Shares His Thoughts on Anti-Depressants

He forgot to mention that using a 50 cal to blast away women and children who most probably had explosive vests under their rags is also terrific depression relief.

It's complicated. I have been depressed for many years. I have had insomnia since I was a teenager and i usually find it hard to connect with people but i have a handful of great friends. Im not happy though. Also stuck in a situation right now thats kind of a loop/cycle.
Anyways i agree with TK and ill never take antidepressants.
Do you feel like maybe the lack of sleep has affected your hormones or something like that to cause this depression or lack of connection? I know when people go less than 6 hours a night of sleep it messes them up Badly so I’m curious if complete lack of regular sleep would have a similar effect?

Brilliant, no doctors needed whatsoever, common sense prevails! That's the kind of wonderful approach where you end up taking vets with PTSD at the gun range to cheer them up, what could go wrong and why would they need medical attention?

Do you feel like maybe the lack of sleep has affected your hormones or something like that to cause this depression or lack of connection? I know when people go less than 6 hours a night of sleep it messes them up Badly so I’m curious if complete lack of regular sleep would have a similar effect?
Definately but nothing has worked so far. Whether it be working hard at the gym throughout the day to try to get tired. Weed hasnt helped.
Mostly the effect of the lack of sleep (sometimes i go 2/3 nights w/o or with very minimal) makes me feel like im operating at 50% most of the time

It's complicated. I have been depressed for many years. I have had insomnia since I was a teenager and i usually find it hard to connect with people but i have a handful of great friends. Im not happy though. Also stuck in a situation right now thats kind of a loop/cycle.
Anyways i agree with TK and ill never take antidepressants.

Sorry for your troubles with sleeping. I have struggled my whole life badly with depression, but I have the problem of oversleeping rather than not sleeping enough.

Definately but nothing has worked so far. Whether it be working hard at the gym throughout the day to try to get tired. Weed hasnt helped.
Mostly the effect of the lack of sleep (sometimes i go 2/3 nights w/o or with very minimal) makes me feel like im operating at 50% most of the time
Dang. Well hang in there bud perhaps a positive change is coming for you soon. Keep your head up

While I agree to an extent, the fact is that big pharma, doctors, and insurance companies are the biggest drug pushers on the planet. However there are people out there with legit behavioral health issues that need meds to keep them “functioning” as productive members of society.

Again Tim Kennedy going Joe Rogan and spouting his mouth about subjects he had no idea or education about, while also ignorantly forgetting that there are different people with aplethora problems besides “depression”. Tim should spend time talking about things he’s actually a subject matter expert on like “fighting and soldiering”.

I forgot no one has interest in listening to him... check that, just don’t say anything Tim.

Edit... if without meds Anthony would’ve offed himself years ago versus recently does that mean the meds didn’t work or a man who wants to end himself will find a way regardless.

Why are we making threads about Timothy Frederick "Hitler escaped to Chile and lived a long, prosperous life" Kennedy's opinions?
You say that like it couldn't possibly be true... do you know something others don't?

He's got a point, but it isn't that simple. I have friends with depression that have all or most of the things Kennedy describes and they still can't shake it.

Tim is the most subtle person, but he makes some good points. Drugs certainly don't feel like the ultimate solution to depression.

Sorry for your troubles with sleeping. I have struggled my whole life badly with depression, but I have the problem of oversleeping rather than not sleeping enough.
Damn. I think they are both in large part due to genetics. Depression runs on my mums side. Not sure whats worse too much or too little sleep. Ive never had too much haha.

Antidepressants (citalopram) likely saved my life when I was at my worst and had suicidal thoughts multiple times a day. People who are unexperienced with depression often believe that the root cause is Always social isolation or unhealthy living. I have been playing sports all my life, an interest in nutrition , a decent careers, relationships etc and was still dreading getting out of bed every morning because I just didnt want to face life. My suffering was prolonged for years because I bought into the thinking that depression is a sign of weakness, and pills are always a cop out. In the end therapy and mindfulness meditation has helped me live a much happier life, but I would have never been calm and clear enough to practice either of those things without the antidepressants taking the edge off.

lol tim kennedy also doesn't believe ptsd exists.

Psychiatrists are wrong let's believe a guy who got finished by kelvin gastelum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back