Tim Kennedy pays Greg Jackson/Jackson's MMA 23% of his earnings

Lets not forget, hes family now once hes in, Thats more than money.

So Tim is complaining that the UFC pay too little when the truth is Jackson's are charging too much. The numbers that Tim put out there are either complete BS, or he is just terrible with his money.

More than likely just terrible with money.

Man Jackson must be rolling in Anderson Silva money.

Maybe two years ago. I can try to google it for you but I have no idea which one it is. It was a video interview and the angle was that Jackson's gym was such a great gym.
It is a great gym but id dont understand why he would lie about that. Something is wrong here..

You again? This guy comes into every fighter pay thread and attacks the UFC and the people defending them.
If the UFC paid Tim one million dollars and he spent it on hookers and blow, Flex would be whining about Zuffa not providing him a live-in counselor to help overcome these vices.

If the UFC paid Tim one million dollars and he spent it on hookers and blow, Flex would be whining about Zuffa not providing him a live-in counselor to help overcome these vices.

Oblivion/Flex think they knew everything about mma pay

13% is ridiculous. He shouldn't pay any more than a new 17 year old kid using the facilities that's there for the same amount each day. Of course, he should pay more for Jackson's services and a percentage is fine if thats how greg charges.

Probably some of that money goes to training partners, and other gym services. I do not think it is that strange, it does not seem unbelievable for me.

Things like this are not the problems of fighters pay, if not the reason why they should get their pay increased, due to all derivative cost coming from fighting.

How do you decide what is 'too much' though? What are athletes in other individual pro sports paying for their training and facilities? Are the fees comparable? If I went off the street to an expert in instruction of any sport and said I needed a 3 week intensive private training camp, I assume I would be paying a truckload of money? That figure doesn't sound crazy when I read it.

More than likely just terrible with money.

He mentioned spending crazy amounts on supplements and equipment, surely he must have sponsors that are willing to take care of all that for him.

Let's see how fast this devolves into a "Greg Jackson is the source of every problem in MMA" shit/hate fest.

Lower fighter pays? No problem! Redirect the blame at the coaches and trainers :icon_twis!

Anyway, I think it's crazy he is paying 10% to his manager (many sports agents in other mainstream sports get around 5%, not 10%, although this is debatable), then having to pay Greg Jackson another 10% along with 13% going to gym fees.

Please keep the discussion on topic, and not about whether fighters are under paid or not. Let's discuss the issue of his expenses and if anyone knows what entails "gym fees".

Well to be fair if MMA fighters get paid only 10-30% of what others in mainstream sports get paid then charging 10% as opposed to 5% would still be less money.

Interesting discussion though. I'll be reading it for sure.

Jackson is making it rain with the amount of fighters that work with him.

Then again, it is probably cheaper to live in albuquerque than it is in boca raton.
Greg making that Heisenberg money.

money.jpg

Season_4_-_Heisenberg.jpg

Dana said a long time ago that Greg is a business man..he chose JJ over Rashad because he felt JJ was better and Greg knew he could make more MONEY with Jones. This is further proof!

Tim doesn't seem like a dumb guy. If he's sticking w/ Jackson's MMA I'm sure it's not because Greg has some Rasputin hold on him.

The crazy part to me is he's paying a percentage for gym fees. You should be paying a flat fee for gym fees as they are a specific cost that can be easily budgeted not paying for a talent or skill of a coach. That and the fact that he's paying more for gym fees than he is for the services of a one of MMA's top coaches.

Edit - Just wondering if anyone with knowledge can answer this. Would Jackson taking part of his pay as Gym fees through his business save him taxes in anyway?

Back