Tim Kennedy: "It's a good thing I have a job because the UFC does not pay very well"

I've always wondered how their medical expenses are paid? What kind of insurance do they get from the UFC? I mean if you fight for 10,000 and then get a broken nose and have to pay for plastic surgery and hospital fees how are you going to make profit?

Focus on winning and getting the win bonus. That is huge.

Also, he is getting sponsor money as well.

From Tim's expenses, it seems like we would need around $100,000+ to be somewhat comfortable. That is obviously not going to happen right now. He needs to put together a nice winning streak, first.

I've always wondered how their medical expenses are paid? What kind of insurance do they get from the UFC? I mean if you fight for 10,000 and then get a broken nose and have to pay for plastic surgery and hospital fees how are you going to make profit?

I'm pretty sure they're covered by the UFC, but I don't have the details.

He's going to get dropped if he loses his next couple of fights and be fighting with Fitch in Bellator or WSOF.

Tim Kennedy and Jacob Volkman EXPOSING the UFC for hogging all the profits and pay fighters scraps.

Damn, lets see how you do first man,

Tim Kennedy and Jacob Volkman EXPOSING the UFC for hogging all the profits and pay fighters scraps.

Hogging the profits? Are the fighters investors or shareholders now?

Were they willing to share the losses when the UFC was losing millions every year? Why should they then share the profit now?

Fighters get paid what they are worth and their worth is directly dictated by the market, and their own ability to win and self promote.

The reasons Chael Sonnen makes millions of dollars and Tim Kennedy doesn't is because people buy PPVs to watch Chael Sonnen fight. Noone is paying to watch Tim Kennedy on a PPV.

If they are paying "scraps" then maybe these fighters should go to these other mystical organizations that pay more than the UFC?

The fact is the UFC is the highest paying MMA organization in the history of the sport. Every single year the pay for fighters in the UFC is increasing as the company grows. There has never been a more lucrative period in history to be an MMA fighter and it will only get better from here.

Too many naive kids arguing about "fairness" and profit sharing like this is some communist dreamworld. Less emotion and more reason guys.

Wasn't he just apologizing about this?

Yes, but all the people arguing that he was being treated unfairly decided it was because the mafia guys at Zuffa were holding a gun to his head and forcing him to. So now they give him even more sympathy.

Basically all a fighter has to do to win fans here is bitch about the UFC.

You have choices in life.

1) Fight for money.
2) Fight for money and do work on the side.
3) Focus on work only.

Pick one. Stop complaining about the choice you've made.

agreed like trooper said, if you don't like what, why dont you got change it.

Do you guys spend any seconds at all considering the arguments other people present or does all your energy go into repeating your own?
Flex has convinced himself that we're all working for the UFC because of a conversation in 2006 between two Spike execs and a freelance marketer where they talk about virally marketing a clip from TUF. He misinterpreted and distorted that conversation to suit his own agenda and uses the delusion that we're all paid posters as a convenient way to dismiss any argument or opinion that differs from his own.

I'm happy to say i make more money that half the pro athletes in the superbowl of mma.

I'm like a ghetto thug watching and betting on dogfights. These little worthless humans fighting over scraps haha.

Seriously, 6k to fight and possibly lose? Who the hell wants to train hard full time to get 6k. If i have to spend more than a month to make 6k i'd be upset. These guys have 8 week training, plus expenses and bills. That is totally not worth it, plus long term injury and health issues with no retirement? These guys are doing it now because their bodies are able to. Give mma another 15-20 years and you'll start having the same issues of the first generation of NFL players. Most those guys from the early days of the nfl ended up homeless or with serious health conditions, but at the time, im sure people were saying it was fair and if they could've done something else.

I'm happy to say i make more money that half the pro athletes in the superbowl of mma.

I'm like a ghetto thug watching and betting on dogfights. These little worthless humans fighting over scraps haha.

Seriously, 6k to fight and possibly lose? Who the hell wants to train hard full time to get 6k. If i have to spend more than a month to make 6k i'd be upset. These guys have 8 week training, plus expenses and bills. That is totally not worth it, plus long term injury and health issues with no retirement? These guys are doing it now because their bodies are able to. Give mma another 15-20 years and you'll start having the same issues of the first generation of NFL players. Most those guys from the early days of the nfl ended up homeless or with serious health conditions, but at the time, im sure people were saying it was fair and if they could've done something else.
George Roop made 70k going 1-2 in 2011.

The title mentions "it's a good thing I have a job."

What does he do for a living, I know he was in the nasty guard.

So the vast majority of fighters on UFC contracts get their bodies broken and battered, barely making ends meet, while the champs and most marketable fighters are taking champagner baths with the Zuffa execs and shareholders.

what else is new?

Back