Tim Hague Go Fund Me

Good that they have almost reached their goal after only a day.

Yeah that's the info I found with a quick google search. Am I the only one that don't like the fact that they are asking for 20k without saying what's the money for? I mean, I understand the family is suffering with this tragedy but people have the right to know why they are asking so much money.

"Tim recently passed away and we are raising money to go towards expenses for funeral and other things that come up."

Maybe he didnt have life insurance, his wife may not work and the money will help until they get back on there feet.

Obviously you're not going to donate, so why do you care? I donated $100 and I don't care if it all goes to ice cream or toys for his little boy.

I just want his family to feel better and know that we care.
I was going to donate because I thought it was for the funeral, that's why i clicked the link, then I saw the goal and what they wrote. I would like to know what are they planning to do my money (pay bills, debt, to create a fund for his kid ...) just like with any other donation I make but I understand this is a very different situation. I didn't mean to sound insensitive.

Put the ashes in a chicken bucket like Donny in Big Lebowski.

I think it is a tragedy that Tim Hague has died.
But, don't they have insurance in America for these things ?
Honest question. Here in W Europe we all pay $10 a month.
And it covers your funeral.
But I've seen so many gofundme's for these things ?

Lot of people with very irresponsible "live for today" attitudes towards money here.
No non-mandatory insurance, no retirement plan, no savings in case of unemployment or other issue - just live as large as you can now and cry when it bites you.
Although, on the flip side, America also does a worse job of wealth distribution than any other Western nation, too. "Tax breaks for the rich and fuck the lower end workers" mentality. Often leaves the working poor with no choice but to cut corners.

I've been hearing Tim was a kindergarten teacher. If he was still doing that full-time and if it was a public school, he should have been in a union that secures death benefits.
Not clear if he was, though.

Some incredible donations on that page to be honest and some marvellous people around.

Lot of people with very irresponsible "live for today" attitudes towards money here.
No non-mandatory insurance, no retirement plan, no savings in case of unemployment or other issue - just live as large as you can now and cry when it bites you.
Although, on the flip side, America also does a worse job of wealth distribution than any other Western nation, too. "Tax breaks for the rich and fuck the lower end workers" mentality. Often leaves the working poor with no choice but to cut corners.

I've been hearing Tim was a kindergarten teacher. If he was still doing that full-time and if it was a public school, he should have been in a union that secures death benefits.
Not clear if he was, though.
Again, he was in Canada. Not the U.S.

Back