Tim Elliott is a Prophet

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
In the last episode, he had a brilliant quote which may turn out to be prophetic:

"Fighting a bum can ruin your career."

Now, Hiro and Elliott are not bums, but they clearly aren't yet at the level of guys Demetrious has been fighting. (Well, other than Cariaso.) And yet, ironically, that's what can make this fight so dangerous for Demetrious, because he's completely expected to win.

DJ is a consummate professional in the ring, and should win with ease, but man would it be funny if DJ got KO'ed, making Elliott's words prophetic.

Hiro and Elliot both have a snowballs chance in hell against DJ, but so did Serra against GSP....

Tim/Hiro beating DJ would be a bigger upset to me than Serra beating GSP.

I really hope MM finishes Tim in the worst possible way
I have been a fan of the mouse for many years but if he can embarrass this cocky guy, damn, I will be pleased as hell

I really hope MM finishes Tim in the worst possible way
I have been a fan of the mouse for many years but if he can embarrass this cocky guy, damn, I will be pleased as hell
You think Tim is cocky? I never got that vibe. I was pissed when he got cut, always been a fan.

This season was fun at first, because there was a few young unnoticed guys with the potential to take that next step forward in their development, and give Mighty Mouse a run for his money. Kind of like the same hope there was for Cejudo.

Now that Pantoja is out, it's just going to be a journeymen v. journeymen for that title shot.

The Supreme journeyman is Elliot

It's going to be by far the worst title match-up we've ever seen, and I hope they learned their lesson doing a TUF season like this. Next time, maybe do it with legitimate UFC fighters included. Thankfully, there won't be a next time though. TUF ran it's course along time ago.

You think Tim is cocky? I never got that vibe. I was pissed when he got cut, always been a fan.

I like his fighting style but he has been very cocky during TUF, are you watching the show? He had been underrating everybody since day 1, even the coaches lol

I like his fighting style but he has been very cocky during TUF, are you watching the show? He had been underrating everybody since day 1, even the coaches lol
Honestly I smoke a lot of pot so I don't pay attention to anything but the fights. I remember his little home clip but that's about it.

This season was fun at first, because there was a few young unnoticed guys with the potential to take that next step forward in their development, and give Mighty Mouse a run for his money. Kind of like the same hope there was for Cejudo.

Now that Pantoja is out, it's just going to be a journeymen v. journeymen for that title shot.

The Supreme journeyman is Elliot

It's going to be by far the worst title match-up we've ever seen, and I hope they learned their lesson doing a TUF season like this. Next time, maybe do it with legitimate UFC fighters included. Thankfully, there won't be a next time though. TUF ran it's course along time ago.

I have actually enjoyed this Season. It's not the ideal outcome, but I like the concept.

Didn't they say they are having another TUF? I thought I read somewhere that it was reported that they weren't and then the next day, UFC said that they are. The concept was a tournament with former TUF members.

I have actually enjoyed this Season. It's not the ideal outcome, but I like the concept.

Didn't they say they are having another TUF? I thought I read somewhere that it was reported that they weren't and then the next day, UFC said that they are. The concept was a tournament with former TUF members.

Hopefully not, but if so, I think the best thing they can do is use actual UFC fighters, maybe mix in a few prospects and do the title shot thing again in divisions that need the promotion like Flyweight.

TUF has basically become The Ultimate Journeyman and is pretty unwatchable at this point in it's current format.

Look at the cool guy
Wasn't bragging. Are we in 7th grade? I just have a short attention span and bad memory.
0qnU8IN.gif

Wasn't bragging. Are we in 7th grade? I just have a short attention span and bad memory.
0qnU8IN.gif
Your just like all the other morons that have to point out the fact they smoke weed every time they forgot something like it's a badge of honor

I really can't see any way that Tim wins a fight against Johnson. He's not much of a heavy hitter, doesn't have the positioning on his feet or wrestling to take DJ down if he managed to cut him off. So what's he gonna do, like honestly? At least Serra could throw solid hands...

I really can't see any way that Tim wins a fight against Johnson. He's not much of a heavy hitter, doesn't have the positioning on his feet or wrestling to take DJ down if he managed to cut him off. So what's he gonna do, like honestly? At least Serra could throw solid hands...

Maybe catch him with a crazy knee or something, idk, Tim is really unpredictable and that's his one and only advantage in this fight.

I'd give him a slightly higher chance than I did Cariaso, which is almost none at all lol

I have a feeling that Tim beats him. It's been a minute since we've had a big championship upset. I may put a few shekels on it if I still feel this way Saturday.

It's funny seeing Matt Serra brought up in this context. People talk about knowing Serra could throw heat, but he'd never dropped anybody prior to GSP, much less finished somebody with strikes. It's easy to talk about that in hindsight, but nobody was saying that a journeyman was going to put GSP away early. The bisping/rockhold 2 case was similar.

Back