Till's 188 lb stipulation is a new precedent, better than % purse fines

I agree..i think it open doors to new possibilities like..day of weigh ins after the official weighins to help curve big cutters..no fighters should be more then 10 pounds over there contracted wieght come fight night..

So 155ers can not wiegh more then 165lbs .Or 170lbs cant be more then 180lbs by the fight night weighins which will be 2 hours before the event is to start..

This will make the competition way more fair and push out big cutters to there real weight classes..

The only problem area is the hw division..there will always be big weight discrepancies there unless the Divison is spilt up to make heavy and super weight ..with the same 10lbs allowance come fight night..

205+ to 240 hw ( 250 fight night allowance)

240 to 275 shw ( 285 fight night allowance)

Essentially the biggest a fighter can weigh come fight night is 10lbs more then there weigh in weight..

Sounds fair to me..IMO and ive be advocating a HW and SHW divison for years..
It should be a percentage of the weight class instead of a fixed 10th lbs for all weight classes. Anywhere between 6-10% over the contracted weight seems reasonable to me.

It should be a percentage of the weight class instead of a fixed 10th lbs for all weight classes. Anywhere between 6-10% over the contracted weight seems reasonable to me.

That could work too but i think its still to large of weight..10% of 170 is 17 pounds..still a decent size advantage imo..

Or 205 would be 20 pounds at 10%

Now 6% is pretty good just around that 10 pound mark at 170lbs..

And 12 lbs for 205lbs

This makes the fight much more fair to the fighter that made weight and accepts fighting at a disadvantage. No more cheating with skipping the last few pounds for an almost guarantee win. I hope fighters take note and don't accept just a purse cut.

vitor did it for the rumble fight.

The whole fact that people can change their weight by 15lbs or more in 12 hours shows how stupid the whole thing it.

It would be cool if weight classes were defined by some accurate body composition test where the weight class only counted muscle and bone and you'd be allowed to have as much additional fat and water as made sense for you to compete. Muscle and bone mass couldn't change that quickly and each weight class would figure out how much extra fat and water was optimum so it would all become fair. I doubt there is a a way to really get an accurate composition though, but I think it would solve the problem.
Roy Nelson would be the featherweight champion

They're forcing Darren Till to fight dehydrated? That can't be safe?

If you drink back 18 lbs in 18 hours and still are dehydrated to the point of risk, the fighter and his team should forfeit for the fighters safety and move up.

should be 50% off the top and 10% for every pound and weight gain stipulation for all fighters who miss weight.

someone answer me, like till have to weight 188 pounds at 1 pm, which seems to be like 4 hours before the event or something, but he can rehydrate after 1 pm, right?

also, when rumble couldn't go past 205, was it just like till, he had to weight 205 at 1pm and then he could just rehydrate after that time?

Back