Till hurt Wonderboy. Wonderboy did nothing

This is a fight. Till hurt Wonderboy. Wonderboy ran about trying to outpoint Till and still was the only person to get hurt. The winner of the fight was Till. More fights should be scored like this.
Come wilko you know thats not how the scoring system works.

I had wonderboy 3-1 going into the 5th, so 3-2 in the end.

Till looked more dangerous, definitely but he wasnt outlanding WB.

This is a fight. Till hurt Wonderboy. Wonderboy ran about trying to outpoint Till and still was the only person to get hurt. The winner of the fight was Till. More fights should be scored like this.

Rory also hunted Wonderboy while Wonderboy did nothing.

But USA judge wanted the blonde WW champ.

Woodley and Till both hit pretty hard, and Till looks a lot bigger than WB as well. Rory never hurt him. He doesn't have a weak chin.

He doesn't get hit a lot, but when he does, he's staggering or going down. I remember it was the same vs Rory. Rory landed very little, but when he did, Wonderboy seemed hurt.

Exactly, on the school yard when two lads fight the one who puts the other on his arse wins, this isn't point karate.

100% this. This is the only criteria needed for judging a fight. It's a fight. Not a point contest. It should be scored accordingly. The fight was abysmal.

Come wilko you know thats not how the scoring system works.

I had wonderboy 3-1 going into the 5th, so 3-2 in the end.

Till looked more dangerous, definitely but he wasnt outlanding WB.

Oh I know. I'm not saying Till won the 10 point system. I'm saying Till won the "fight"

100% this. This is the only criteria needed for judging a fight. It's a fight. Not a point contest. It should be scored accordingly. The fight was abysmal.
Exactly, throwing a jab or two more per round does not equate to getting put clean on your arse, simple as.

Till won 50-49 imo

Yep. Wonderboy's chin is so weak. One good shot and he's down. He's tough and recovers well, but he's lucky he avoids strikes to much because he wouldn't take punishment at all. Any good shot that Woodley landed hurt him, same with Rory. And now Till.
Rory never hurt wonderboy.

Till ate Wonderboy's power like cotton candy, Wonderboy dropped when he got popped. That was the difference. The lack of consensus from fans and analysts stems from how they viewed the fight. Wonderboy was just a little better than Till in terms of technical striking. Till, even with his less polished style, was the more effective striker in the sense that his defense and chin kept wonderboy from ever hurting him and his power was such that he came pretty close to getting wonderboy out of there. So if someone favors crisp, point fighting, naturally they'd give the nod to Thompson.

This fight was a coin flip in my eyes until the knockdown. After that point, the W was rightfully earned by Till.

im starting to get really annoyed by the unified rules

judging rounds by rounds is fucking retarded

im happy till got the decision, he probably did more damage with this one shot than wonderboy did in the entire fight

Yeah, the real issue is that round by round scoring just isn't the most effective way to judge and score a fight.

In boxing it's not as bad because the fights are longer and rounds are shorter so you don't run into an issue of one guy winning 50% of round 3 and losing the other 50% and then having people split on who won the round - but in MMA with shorter fights and longer rounds it's just not effective.

Stop making threads if you don’t know how fights are even scored.

Till was bigger. The power, the threat of it, and the reach advantage was clearly in his advance.

Of course his punches will have more effect.

Shit fight. You can’t complain about the winner

Your completely blinded by your bias. Wonderboy won three rounds agaisnt a light heavyweight.

Back