Till has the skill & style to walk thru WB,BUT he looked severely drained+dealing with family issues

That's some excuse making if i've ever seen one. Before the fight "he can totally beat him but he probably won't because of reasons."

Everyone has some issues coming into a fight, in a way that's almost part of the fight. How each guy deals with their issues and does enough to win on the day.

If Till's in the wrong weight class that's on him too. In the end it's all about who wins the fight.
And everyone who has issues heading into a fight usually lossess

Gee I wonder why

If you are a Darren Till fan you are very disappointed

If you just want to see a good fight you are disappointed

If you are a Wonderboy fan, then you don't care about Till being at his worst just as long as Wonderboy wins

That's basically what It is.

After all that posturing and begging to get the UFC to liverpool he goes and does this. Sad

Yeah and everyone who has issues heading into a fight usually lossess

Gee I wonder why

If you are a Darren Till fan you are very disappointed

If you just want to see a good fight you are disappointed

If you are a Wonderboy fan, then you don't care about Till being at his worst just as long as Wonderboy wins

That's basically what It is. It is what it is

No plenty of people go into fights with issues and still win. We've heard it a million times.

In fact it's rare in a high level fight for anyone to not get into it with issues.

You know what it is? You don't think your boy is gona win so you are making excuses for him before the fight even begins. That's what it is.

I heard from a friend who knows a fighter on the card that Till’s pregnant gf maybe lost their baby. Purely rumours and this may just be one person guessing, but my heart goes out to them if it’s true.

Why would you even post that?
"Purely rumours and this may just be one person guessing" But I'm going to go ahead and post it anyway.

Are you a high school girl and love to gossip? Really the only reason I can possibly think of to be so eager to post something you yourself admit is purely speculation.

This right here folks is why I hate people in the internet age.

Just a rumor, but I heard Tills wife lost the baby, his parents died in a car crash, and his brothers and sisters are lost at sea, I just hope he rehydrated and is not mentally compromised..

Just a rumor, but I heard Tills wife lost the baby, his parents died in a car crash, and his brothers and sisters are lost at sea, I just hope he rehydrated and is not mentally compromised..

Bad taste.. But nerds gonna nerd i guess .

Was favoring WB to begin with, even more so with all this stuff. Still not counting out Till, but definitely leaning towards WB.

Hmm. It's not ideal. Having an event made for you in your home city more or less must be huge pressure alone. I don't think doing all the media the week of the fight helps things but that's part of the job.

If Till makes 188 in a little over an hour from now, then the fight's on. People will still bitch about it if Thompson loses, but they worked out a deal and both of them signed up to fight.

Still a big win-win for Thompson whatever happens. Though I don't know why he keeps mentioning fighting someone in their home city as if it's doing a favour of sorts.

tomato_ketchup_lid_tableware.jpg

Excuse thread.

"Hey guys if till loses its because of excuses if he wins hes wasn't even at his best"

This is just boogers.

Nick Peet in this interview states he spoke to till who told him his pregnant girlfriend is in hospital.

I noticed Till and Wonderboy, both, had to totally strip down for the weigh in, as well as 'Molly'. just a couple of things about that...if they had the black loop thing with the curtains on it that goes all the way around for the big strip, why couldn't the dudes use it too? Also, I was a bit shocked that the old guy, rather than a female, was the one peeping behind the curtain to verify Molly's weight.

No plenty of people go into fights with issues and still win. We've heard it a million times.

In fact it's rare in a high level fight for anyone to not get into it with issues.

You know what it is? You don't think your boy is gona win so you are making excuses for him before the fight even begins. That's what it is.
Skill wise and style wise this was Till"s fight to win or lose.

Now these issues are a major factor.

Which is why betters are pushing the line toward WB now (when previously Till was the favorite)

Don't act so obtuse or naive about this stuff.

Valid excuses always exist and these things do influence a fight

Also, I myself never said anything about wanting Till to win

I only said that this is disappointing that Till won't be at his best to see how great he really is (if he is)

I want to see what he's about

But you are the getting offended and triggered for a reason.

This news makes you happy.

You just want WB to win regardless of anything by any means regardless of anything else.

There are people who aren't fans of Till who still want to see him at his best, so that it can be a good fight. They just want a good fight

I use to hate Till for all the thrash he talked about Conor. I was still objective about his skill set. I still objectively broke down why Till looks to be a bad natch up for Wonderboy despite liking Wonderboy more

(Since then Till has eased up on that and gives Conor more and more respect, so I'm starting to warm up to Till. That still doesnt change any objective analysis that I have done. I have my favorites and those who I dislike, but when it comes to analysis Im always objective no matter what)

Stop making excuses for him. He had months to train and get into a weight range where he could safely cut to 170. He chose to stay as big as possible to cheat every possible pound of extra size he could, now he's paying the price for it. I don't care if his whole family is in the hospital, the issue isnt just that he missed weight its that he isn't even sure he can make 188lbs the day of the fight, why is UFC allowing anybody to come into a fight over 20lbs above the contracted weight?

Regardless of what happens today he should be forced to move up to MW, so should anybody else who is 25lbs+ above the weight class on the day of the fight.

Well, if the rumors are true and he lost his unborn baby, a few pounds of uncut weight really take a back seat.

This is coming from someone who looks at weight cutting to be a bitch move.

This is not good at all

Things are looking really bad for Darren Till right now

Not only the weight, but to have family issues to worry about too, is terrible

How will his mental game be like?

It's a shame. Very disappointing to me. I really wanted to see Darren Till at his best try to prove himself

That his pregnant girlfriend is in the hospital sure doesn't help him mentally for this fight.

i'm sure he's worried as heck while trying not to show it and contain it.

Back