Tiger Muay Thai

MrFlintStone

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Has anyone trained here and did you find it worth the money. Is it better to stay somewhere else and just train there.

i'll respond to the poor lad above and try and help him. when borders open and after the covo has been contained, i'm also keen on training at tiger as i know some people who have trained there who are/were professional mma fighters. i'm from australia and have been training muay thai and bjj for 6 years now and mma for 2 years, i've trained in thailand a few times now at a few different gyms - phuket top team, fairtex pattaya and sityodtong pattaya. while it was great to learn and refine my skills in pure muay thai, i'm after muay thai for mma more as i want to have an mma fight in the next couple of years. the bbq beatdown there sounds like a good time to test my skills and have a bit of fun. i've only been in grappling comps but i think i'm ready to take it to the next level now, i'm 37 in a few months so i want to make the most of it while i'm still relatively young (old compared to most mma fighters). i know some people diss tiger but i'd like to train amongst top level wrestlers/grapplers from america and russia (which i did at phuket top team a few years back) and spar with a variety of people and just get better at mma as a whole. and any striking i do it will be oriented towards mma and not so much pure muay thai. so yeah, if the covid is contained and it is safe to travel overseas again, i'd like to train there for 6-7 weeks and really make the most of it (training 5-6 days a week).

it's better to stay off site/ find your own accomodation mate, you'll save a wad of cash. you can stay there for 8000 baht a month if you know where to look around chalong area.

Has anyone trained here and did you find it worth the money. Is it better to stay somewhere else and just train there.
As a general rule never stay on site - there is plenty of nice and cheap accommodation available (don't go really cheap tho as it will basically be hostel-style and make sure you have air conditioning which will cost more). More so if you go out of season (summer/autumn).
Mopeds are cheap to hire so its easy to get about.
I trained at 2 smaller gyms that were run by Thais - worked for me although the equipment/conditions were "old school" so if you want more modern standards western style gyms may better suit (but will cost more).
All in I loved it and hope to go again some day.

Back