Tiger Muay Thai

just not a place for my taste in training. if i am going all the way to thailand for training. then i want a simple but hardcore gym.

but i have no problem with people who enjoy tiger muay thai.

different people different needs.

Man I don't know why people think Tiger is a holiday camp for part time fad fighters... Sure, it can be at the beginners stage, but if your serious about Muay Thai, and got the skills, Tiger is awesome. The advanced areas and one on one training is nothing like their classes. I can't see no reason why training at Tiger with the Tiger fighters within the advanced areas isn't on par with more traditional thai gyms.

Sure, its in a holiday area, where I think people have this misconception that its for wannabes to try it out. But if your serious, you can be just like the pro fighters that are there. Quality training, no distractions.

I think if its good enough for GSP to fly in 2 Tiger trainers to prepare, good enough they have 2 current sponsored fighters in the UFC and good enough for the numerous stadium champs they continue to produce, I think Tiger is good enough for anybody!

Man I don't know why people think Tiger is a holiday camp for part time fad fighters... Sure, it can be at the beginners stage, but if your serious about Muay Thai, and got the skills, Tiger is awesome. The advanced areas and one on one training is nothing like their classes. I can't see no reason why training at Tiger with the Tiger fighters within the advanced areas isn't on par with more traditional thai gyms.

Sure, its in a holiday area, where I think people have this misconception that its for wannabes to try it out. But if your serious, you can be just like the pro fighters that are there. Quality training, no distractions.

I think if its good enough for GSP to fly in 2 Tiger trainers to prepare, good enough they have 2 current sponsored fighters in the UFC and good enough for the numerous stadium champs they continue to produce, I think Tiger is good enough for anybody!

How many Lumpinee champs has Tiger produced? Now how many has Petchyindee produced? :wink:

You can argue that Tiger has the capability to offer serious training, but you can't argue that it's necessarily on par with the top tier Thai gyms.

How many Lumpinee champs has Tiger produced? Now how many has Petchyindee produced? :wink:

You can argue that Tiger has the capability to offer serious training, but you can't argue that it's necessarily on par with the top tier Thai gyms.

Yeah true....I'll rehash and say its obviously not going to be on par with some bangkok gyms, etc.

However the training is fucking good and can turn you into a weapon. Alot of people see it as a fake ass tourist gym, which it can but def isnt in aspects you know. And alot of the people that blast Tiger haven't been there!

As you can see I'm a fan of Tiger haha.

I think if its good enough for GSP to fly in 2 Tiger trainers to prepare, good enough they have 2 current sponsored fighters in the UFC

Because they don't know better and TMT is also a MMA oriented gym. If that's what you're searching for I have no problem with it.

and good enough for the numerous stadium champs they continue to produce,

for example? and bangla stadium don't count.

What are the other alternatives for MT in Phuket?

Is Sitsongpeenong near Tiger? And for anyone who has trained at Sitsongpeenong, is it tailored towards pro fighters or is it also suitable for an intermediate/aspiring fighter?

how many thai gyms have you been to?

Thanks for the review. I always enjoy reading these.

I'm not sure that I'll ever get a chance to get over there. It would be tough to fly around the world and leave a wife and 2 small kids behind. Heh, it might be tougher to fly around the world WITH them - and then how much training would I be able to get in anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the write up.

How does TMT training fees compare to other muay thai gyms though?

The only thing tiger is good for unless your a sponsored fighter for them OR good enough already to bring them some more fame and recognition is to drop some weight and improve your cardio. Before you start claiming I've never been etc etc I spent 3 months there on my first ever trip to Thailand, I came back with exactly the same sloppy techniques i went with, except maybe 10 kilos lighter. They dont watch you on the bag, 3 rounds on pads is ridiculous when I get 5 at most other gyms around phuket, end of training they just make you do exercises whilst they sit around and chat, you need to train at some of the legit gyms around phuket to compared the difference, for example sumalee, singpatong, dragon if your in chalong area, also fed up of every single fight i go to see at bangla theres always some roided up tiger fighter beating up a taxi driver.

Yes Tiger is a tourist camp. But IMO the more people who go there, the better. That means less dickheads at the proper gyms.

Yes Tiger is a tourist camp. But IMO the more people who go there, the better. That means less dickheads at the proper gyms.

I trained at dragon for 2 weeks in february and the atmosphere on tiger road is absolutely ridiculous, just pure dickheads swaggering up and down comparing bicep size dressed head to toe in the latest tiger or phuket top team apparel they can find

thats a good point. :icon_chee

I need to try a few different gyms in BKK this time (going there in may). When you got time, send me a PM?

-Frode

I think I may swing by Chacrit in April. I'll be staying so close, it would be stupid not to at least check it out. It's a little expensive though.

To bad Buakaw's gym cost so much. Just clinching with him would be a dream come true.

To bad Buakaw's gym cost so much. Just clinching with him would be a dream come true.

one of the guys from my gym is going to his gym in the next week or so. I'll ask him to clinch with Buakaw for you lol.

speaking of expensive, it would be nice to have a sparring session with Samart...just to say you did.

I was recommended Sinbi by several people who has been in Thailand.
Also TMT seems a bit too expensive comparing to the other gyms.

Heading over to tiger at the end of November
I'm preparing to have my first fight in Australia when i
get back..

I'm only going for two weeks I was hoping not to be stuck in the beginners class for too long

If I tell them I'm preparing for a fight back home do you think they will make me wait aslong to go to the next level ?

Back