Thurman/Garcia final numbers: 3.06m viewers

I had it 38-38 after 4.
He won 2 of the first 4 rounds your right arguably anyway, Thurman was just better over that 4 round period though overall and clearly.

This was actually a much closer fight than I realized at the time Thurman just clearly won 60-40 so good judging I guess, Garcia was a knockdown or two away and Thurman just stayed on his bike at the end.

Some competition seemed to have hurt Thurman/Garcia ratings.

UFC 209 prelims on FS1 averaged over 1 million viewers.
HBO GGG/Jacobs 24/7 did 422k viewers.

Both shows aired DURING Thurman/Garcia telecast.

The entire Thurman/Garcia telecast averaged 3.06 million viewers.

It would've easily beaten UFC on Fox 22 ratings had the co-main event been a bigger name than Erickson Lubin. Even a cheap but big draw like Joe Smith Jr would've made the event average 3.5 million viewers

Some competition seemed to have hurt Thurman/Garcia ratings.

UFC 209 prelims on FS1 averaged over 1 million viewers.
HBO GGG/Jacobs 24/7 did 422k viewers.

Both shows aired DURING Thurman/Garcia telecast.
Thats amazing that 400 thousand people chose to watch a promotional documentary about boxing instead of one of the best match ups to be made on paper.

Thats amazing that 400 thousand people chose to watch a promotional documentary about boxing instead of one of the best match ups to be made on paper.
It's hilarious and petty for HBO to try to counterprogram Showtime even though the fight is not on Showtime network.

Crazy part is that HBO 24/7 ran from 10:30 - 11pm EST, which is like the first 10 rounds of the main event.

There will be more details tomorrow, including peak ratings.

I think it will peak at 2.8-3.0 ratings and 4 million or so viewers. Expect another psotive press release from Showtime

Back