Thurman/Garcia final numbers: 3.06m viewers

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It did exactly what was expected

The final ratings will probably be adjusted to 2.8-3.0 million viewers because the show went slightly over, but the fight itself ended on time. Also had a 2.2 rating score which is good for the night.

Dont expect a huge jump in final numbers like Thurman/Porter because that fight went on much longer than 11pm est.

I think this will do about Thurman/Porter numbers (3.1 million) or slightly less.

4 rounds in , on commercial break first watch.

Who the fuck gave Thurman round 4 lol Garcia won that obviously maybe round 2 also. Thurman has been the better fighter so far, Danny is clearly not 100% here for whatever reason so far. Thurman looks pretty scared to engage and constantly on his bike even though he has been the better fighter so far.

Read all your thoughts previously.

7th round very close toughest to score so far a long with round 2, Garcia landed some huge shots he takes it. Thurman is definitely hesitant to exchange but has great movement and defense, utilizes reach well too, very well.

they had to compete with ufc 209
Slightly different platforms. TV vs TV is more competitive than TV vs PPV

Whats really surprising is how bad NBA did on ABC.

1.6 million viewers on primetime has to be the lowest for NBA this year

Slightly different platforms. TV vs TV is more competitive than TV vs PPV

Whats really surprising is how bad NBA did on ABC.

1.6 million viewers on primetime has to be the lowest for NBA this year
Sports are dying, imo.

Thurman won clearly, not a big fan of his style though and only one fighter wanted an actual fight clearly.

Pretty good numbers. Especially competing with a good UFC card.

Pretty good numbers. Especially competing with a good UFC card.

You got to be trolling. UFC209 lacks name value (Thnks Khabib!) and will probably do only 200k buys.

You got to be trolling. UFC209 lacks name value (Thnks Khabib!) and will probably do only 200k buys.
It was a good card on paper.
Reem brings in fans ( seems a lot of mma fans are in love with muscles )
Hunt is popular
Woodley vs great white hype was intriguing
Plus the marketing force of the UFC is not to be taken lightly

It was a good xard but not great

Which narrative is it the UFC takes away viewers from boxing ( when it fits into the narrative)

But

When boxing does well because it was rewarded for putting on best vs best type fights and marketed well.
It now becomes the UFC card was not good.

Ugh no I dont. It was full of entertaining matchups.

Overseen vs Hunt will bring in at least 5,000 Glory fans for nostalgia. And PBC probably lost another 300-400 boxing fans who preferred to see someone throw roundhouse kicks at a wrestler,

Come on, Hunt, Reem, Woodley and Thompson have never been PPV draws and on,y one of them, Hunt--who was in his boxing and kickboxing g prime a decade be a half ago--has a boxing friendly style.

CBS was the #1 network in prime time on Saturday night, according to Nielsen overnight ratings, with the live broadcast of SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING on CBS, presented by Premier Boxing Champions.

The broadcast earned a 2.2 rating from 9 p.m. – 11:15 p.m. ET, up 22% over the previous June 25, 2016 SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING on CBS broadcast featuring Keith Thurman vs. Shawn Porter (1.8 rating).

CBS was the #1 network in prime time on Saturday night, according to Nielsen overnight ratings, with the live broadcast of SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING on CBS, presented by Premier Boxing Champions.

The broadcast earned a 2.2 rating from 9 p.m. – 11:15 p.m. ET, up 22% over the previous June 25, 2016 SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING on CBS broadcast featuring Keith Thurman vs. Shawn Porter (1.8 rating).
Thurman/Porter ended up with a MUCH higher final rating because the fight ended so late. 45 minute after if I recall.

Thurman/Garcia broadcast ended 15 minutes after 11pm est, so I expect a smaller jump in final ratings, but I dont know if it will beat Thurman/Porter's final ratings of 2.6 rating and 3.1 million viewers.

Last edited:
Thurman/Porter ended up with a MUCH higher final rating because the fight ended so late. 45 minute after if I recall.

Thurman/Garcia broadcast ended 15 minutes after 11pm est, so I expect a smaller jump in final ratings, but I dont know if it will beat Thurman/Porter's final ratings of 2.6 rating and 3.1 million viewers.
Welp I knew it.

Final numbers will pretty much do what Thurman/Porter did

Early projections have the time slot assigned to Thurman-Garcia averaging 3.15 million viewers.
http://fightnights.com/2017/03/05/3058/thurman-garcia-pbc-on-cbs-wins-saturday-night-ratings-battle

I'll say that this is a bigger win though, because Thurman/Porter didnt have any sporting competition. Thurman/Garcia went head to head with NBA on ABC as well as the UFC

Not a matter of an edge its just conflicting events.

The PPV probably did 200k buys at most, that doesn't take away too much Nielson points.

Even a lot of bars/restaurants weren't carrying the event.

Back