Thunderhead's 'No Thunderheads Allowed' Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt it will sell, and if it does, I guarantee there will be a ton of contingencies to keep key personnel.

Agreed 100%. I can't see Dana letting go of his baby/cash cow at all, let alone easily.

Well, as per GoT:
The dragonhorn won't work, it's just there to kill Victarion. Maqarro told Victarion as much. Euron has sent him off basically on a suicide mission, but I think he is grossly underestimating him. Victarion is the Iron Captain and controls the fleet, I think he's going to link up with Danaerys and bring her, the Unsullied and the dragons back to Westeros for the fight. I'm not sure whether she'll kill him first though.

As for Theon there has to be some redemption there. He has a part to play I think, just not sure what.

I wish I could get into game of thrones. The white walkers are cool though.

The White Walkers are such a cock tease. You see them in the first scene of the first episode and it looks super cool then you barely see them again for a few seasons.

So my youngest boy starts his first organized sports experience tonight. I have signed on to coach his U5 soccer team. I know nothing of the beautiful game other than you must always fall when touched and yell as if apparently impaled, anally by Godzilla.

Should be fun.

My 4 year old son started tball this year and I've ended up being the assistant coach. It has been interesting to say the least. They play 3 times a week which seems like a lot for kids their age. It's also 4-6 years old, which seems like a huge gap in size and skill level.

So my youngest boy starts his first organized sports experience tonight. I have signed on to coach his U5 soccer team. I know nothing of the beautiful game other than you must always fall when touched and yell as if apparently impaled, anally by Godzilla.

Should be fun.

Shit I remember soccer when I was like 7-8. I hated it.

My 4 year old son started tball this year and I've ended up being the assistant coach. It has been interesting to say the least. They play 3 times a week which seems like a lot for kids their age. It's also 4-6 years old, which seems like a huge gap in size and skill level.

Tball starts soon too. definitely not coaching that. Yeah that seems like a big gap. I'm going to have Miles play in the U7 as well since that's all he knows right now anyway. Most of the kids on the street are 8+ and he holds his own with them.

It's funny how you guys reminisce football (soccor) like its not even a big thing, when it's so ripe over here. I see a football and people/kids playing it every single day.

Don't kid yourself @Flash_Monsta football (soccer) is getting more and more serious over here.

On a related side note. The phenomenon is causing us to lose baseball as the primary summer sport for kids. Parents are very quick to point out that football is a sport where there kids are running around a lot and therefore the perception is that its better for you. Bollocks! Baseball teaches way more useful skills than soccer does.

Last edited:
Don't kid yourself @Flash_Monsta football is getting more and more serious over here.

On a related side note. The phenomenon is causing us to lose baseball as the primary summer sport for kids. Parents are very quick to point out that football is a sport where there kids are running around a lot and therefore the perception is that its better for you. Bollocks! Baseball teaches way more useful skills than soccer does.

When I was growing up, soccer was likens fun game. Baseball, football and hockey were serious business.

The kids soccer games around here seem much better than tball. All the kids at least know to run to the ball and kick it. At tball, you have kids laying down in the outfield and kids hitting the ball without running.

I still remember those shitty reversible jerseys....we had ones that were yellow on one side and green on the other side.

Fuck those things.

The kids soccer games around here seem much better than tball. All the kids at least know to run to the ball and kick it. At tball, you have kids laying down in the outfield and kids hitting the ball without running.

That's fuxking pathetic. God damn kids these days.

That's what ends up making parents today give up on baseball. When kids are young you have to keep them engaged. at 4 years old its much easier to give them a ball and tell them to run around. There's much more to coaching in tball, and guess what? People are fucking lazy. So they end up in soccer, possibly even liking it, and never going to baseball. In the 80's when I was growing up soccer was popular but baseball and lacrosse in the summer were much more prevalent. I find coaching today much less engaging.

When teaching a 4 year old, you end up realizing how confusing it can be to them. In practice, they stay at bat just hitting balls. They don't run everytime, so I think that throws them off in a game. With runners on base, not throwing the ball to first just makes no sense in their minds since they have been trained to throw to first. There are all of these little concepts that need introduced as well such as tagging someone out vs. touching the base.

Hell, I even get confused as a coach. Some teams we play don't actually enforce the outs at first base. Granted, it's pretty rare for someone to not get a hit as fielding + throwing to first takes way longer than running there, but it does happen. Some teams have the runner go back to the dugout and some just keep them on base anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back