Thug Rose won thanks to Uncle Pat Barry

Rose has trained martial arts since she was 5 years old. How in hell does someone training from such an early age serve as an example that "any female who seriously trains it can easily take over WMMA..." What a load of crap!

Plus, the sort of striking that Rose used to beat Joanna is not the sort of striking that Pat teaches (Muay Thai). That was the striking style she's been learning from her main coach at Grudge, Trevor Wittman.

Pat is a kickboxer...pure kickboxer...and how did rose beat joanna....with kickboxing...hmmmmmmm. interesting......

i think that trevor whitman and the other coaches at grudge training center might have little to do with rose's success.

Pat is a kickboxer...pure kickboxer...and how did rose beat joanna....with kickboxing...hmmmmmmm. interesting......

Kickboxing style had little to do with what defeated Joanna. It was Trevor Wittman's boxing adapted to MMA. Punches took Joanna out, not kicks. Feints and footwork were crucially important in Rose's edge.

You don't have to be a good fighter to be a good coach...but sometimes, it can be of great benefit...in this case...I'd say it is...I remember back when rose had zero standup...ZERO...now she out struck the queen of standup, in one round...that's saying alot for her coaching...

At this point I don't think it can be denied that Rose is a pretty serious student of the game. To improve her standup to the point where she is getting KO's both with head kicks and with her hands. Her submission skills may be the best in the division. She landed a flying armbar in her 2nd fight.

tumblr_mkutzjDCGg1ry1rm7o3_400.gif

Uncle? He's her boyfriend.

At this point I don't think it can be denied that Rose is a pretty serious student of the game. To improve her standup to the point where she is getting KO's both with head kicks and with her hands. Her submission skills may be the best in the division. She landed a flying armbar in her 2nd fight.

tumblr_mkutzjDCGg1ry1rm7o3_400.gif
I think this is the point. WMMA is at the level MMA was 15 years ago. When was the last time that worked in MMA against so-called high level competition?

I remember back when rose had zero standup...ZERO...now she out struck the queen of standup, in one round...that's saying alot for her coaching...

You remember back when Rose had zero standup? Rose started training Taekwondo at age 5, and had her junior blackbelt by age 9. After that she added in Karate. At age 16 she was getting kickboxing training with Duke Roufus. So are you remembering back when Rose was only 4 years old, or what?

I think this is the point. WMMA is at the level MMA was 15 years ago. When was the last time that worked in MMA against so-called high level competition?

That was Rose's second pro fight. Her opponent, Kathina Lowe, current record 7-10, hasn't gone on to bigger leagues. Rose later tried the flying armbar on higher-level competition, Tecia Torres, without success, and hasn't used it since. Rose hasn't ever tried it in the UFC. So it doesn't serve to make much of a point about the level WMMA is at, as you are trying to do, because Rose hasn't been using it to beat high level competition. It is a seldom seen technique anywhere, even in WMMA.

giphy.gif

You remember back when Rose had zero standup? Rose started training Taekwondo at age 5, and had her junior blackbelt by age 9. After that she added in Karate. At age 16 she was getting kickboxing training with Duke Roufus. So are you remembering back when Rose was only 4 years old, or what?

compared to now...she had no standup...she relied on mostly takedowns and submissions to win fights.

Kickboxing style had little to do with what defeated Joanna. It was Trevor Wittman's boxing adapted to MMA. Punches took Joanna out, not kicks. Feints and footwork were crucially important in Rose's edge.

She did drop joanna with a kick earlier also. but ya, the boxing is what finished joanna off...but you can't deny that pat has helped her alot. It's probably a combined effort.

So wait, there's no boxing in kickboxing?

Well shit. Learn something new every day.

they met when she was 17 and he was 30

Kevin spacey-esque in his approach, Joe

No. She didn't.

Wth people seen this fight or not hehe :))
And no at the end of the day, fighter is alone in octagon, 99% credit to her.But that's just my opinion.

I like the bait in this thread. Behind every midly successful woman mmartist is a man.

Cormier agrees. "THUG ROSE! THUG ROSE! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE COACH!"

they met when she was 17 and he was 30

Kevin spacey-esque in his approach, Joe

lol folks act like people can't MEET people below a certain age if they're a certain age.

Grow up.

Pat showing off the pelvic thrusts aka da skillz to pay da billz

Pat is doing good, now that his woman has the belt it means more money. Rose probably won't dump him either, what with all the reciting of the Lord's prayer. If she dumped him though, oh shit, Pat might be a stalker.

Back