Throwback to the Best Tournament Ever: PRIDE OWGP '06

bisquit

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Can't believe it's already been 11 years since the OWGP. Pride gave us so many incredible fights. This is one of the tournaments that really stood out:

A great HL by Pacquiaoshiet

Back when MMA didn't need Conor McGregor to be magical:

I personally thought 03 MW, 04 HW, 05 MW and 05 LW tournaments were all better than this one as a whole

Don't forget Bushido LW and WW tournament.

05 LW tournament being the Bushido one. Didn't think I needed to clarify. I thought the WW tournament was good as well, but I actually liked 06 OWGP more.

for me personally, it was 05 MWGP, 04 HW, 05 LW, 03 MW, 06 OWGP, 2000 OWGP, then WW.

All were amazing, I just thought some were better than others.

The opening intro to the 06 OWGP final round was perhaps my favorite promo/intro for an event ever though

If i knew how to embed the video I would, but this is it. It literally gives me chills to this day.

Ah, i guess its as easy as posting the link

05 LW tournament being the Bushido one. Didn't think I needed to clarify. I thought the WW tournament was good as well, but I actually liked 06 OWGP more.

for me personally, it was 05 MWGP, 04 HW, 05 LW, 03 MW, 06 OWGP, 2000 OWGP, then WW.

The opening intro to the 06 OWGP final round was perhaps my favorite promo/intro for an event ever though

Not paying attention, my bad.

I was happy Crocop won the OWGP, but his path to the title wasn't exactly the hardest, heh.

If i knew how to embed the video I would, but this is it. It literally gives me chills to this day.

Ah, i guess its as easy as posting the link

You're right. You couldn't just post the link before. I remember someone hacking the servers a while back because posters said some mean things about Lesnar.

So beautiful *tears up*

Hope Rizin gets bigger and better so we can make some more memories like this.

I was bummed Kang didn't win the WW tourney

The way it ended with Crocop with the belt, crying while confetti was falling was magical. Great memories.

What could have been...

Pride20LW20GP20200720Rd201.jpg

LW tournament was my fav of all time.

Gomi RIP.

Back