Throwback: Dan "The Hangman" Hooker Talks about Khabib "Out-Muscling" Rockhold

Are you guys talking about practice?

iversonx-large.jpg
You win.

Tibau didn't do shit against Khabib.

It's not like Conor who got subbed by cans and finished by Diaz.
Tibau didn't get manhandled like everyone at AKA does
Stop trying to downplay Tibau

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pund...ry/ufc-lightweight-khabib-nurmagomedov-3/amp/

“I just hope he comes in and makes the weight. I seen him out of camp once man, and that’s a big dude,”Hooker recently told James Lynch when he was asked to pick a winner in the Nurmagomedov vs. Barboza fight. He would have been like 95 kilos [209lbs] – like light-heavyweight size – and he was wrestling Luke Rockhold and just out-muscling him, just holding him down.”

“So, that’s a big guy. That’s one of the guys that I don’t know how he makes lightweight, man,”

Dan Hooker doesn't know how gravity works

Khabib cuts alot of weight and is use to being in charge. Wonder how he will react in the later rounds against and opponent who can still push a hard pace

Still think Tony's crazy pressure will beat Khabib
He would have to beat the cardio out of tony or it would be a long 4th and 5th round.

Has khabib fought anyone bigger than himself ever?

I mean other than Tibau and he got a gift decision in that one.

by gift decision you mean a clear cut victory right? Being defensive for 90% of a fight while landing nothing major of your own to sway the fight in your favor doesn't win you fights.

Clearly they're both putting muscle into it here and Khabib is getting the better of him and in the aftermath gif you posted they're not.

You're blind. Don't know what else to tell you.

AMjQhr1.gif
It’s a clinch drill as you said, so rockhold is starting in a bad spot and khabib gets double under hooks with his hands clasped together and rockhold still doesn’t let him take him down. Not saying it’s not impressive and I know khabib is an animal, but he gets an ideal position for that scenario and rockhold fights it off.

Tibau didn't get manhandled like everyone at AKA does
Stop trying to downplay Tibau
Khabib was visually clearly smaller during the Tibau fight and didn't even train at AKA. His all around grappling has seemingly improved a lot since he's been at AKA.

Last edited:
HOLY SHEET. Luke is a big mother fucker and he's just trapped here. I didn't think I was able to appreciate Khabib's skill/strength anymore, but I was wrong.
Underhooks, baby

I hope he smashes conors face in.

But conors spectacular performance against (admittedly average) Alvarez has changed everything.

Khabibs best and only elite win is a guy Alvarez smashed. But Alvarez is average. Lmao.

Khabibs best and only elite win is a guy Alvarez smashed. But Alvarez is average. Lmao.
MMAMath

It's a lot more impressive to competely drown and nullify somebody of RDA's caliber for 3 rounds than to catch him early.

who cares its who can fight what matters not hugging

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pund...ry/ufc-lightweight-khabib-nurmagomedov-3/amp/

“I just hope he comes in and makes the weight. I seen him out of camp once man, and that’s a big dude,”Hooker recently told James Lynch when he was asked to pick a winner in the Nurmagomedov vs. Barboza fight. He would have been like 95 kilos [209lbs] – like light-heavyweight size – and he was wrestling Luke Rockhold and just out-muscling him, just holding him down.”

“So, that’s a big guy. That’s one of the guys that I don’t know how he makes lightweight, man,”
yea rhe biggest rubbish I have ever heard. There is no way kebab is not fat when he weighs anything more than 83-85.Still a big guy but let's be real. He just doesnt have that bone structure nor does he have the musculature to weigh 95 with his frame.

There are countless stories of Khabib manhandling everyone in AKA during grapping and wrestling practice. He's pretty much a legend in the gym. Stop trying to downplay him. Conor is going to get ragdolled.
Can we also hear the stories about 6 of his 10 opponents making it to decision? And the 4 he stopped being utter trash
but Khabib is an entirely different specieis.
What a monster, a different "specieis" , whatever that is...
Khabib is going to feel unlike anything he's ever experienced and three weight classes above him
NOW, fighting men much smaller than you is cool? I thought it's a widely accepted view by Conor's detractors that his FW run wasn't impressive and mostly due to fighting "Midgets"

Back