Through his Lawyer, Trump basically just told Rosenstein to get rid of Mueller or I'll fire you...

Crappie? Those are fantastic eating.

Black_crappie.png
Yes sir! Delicious!

You want to hold him to a standard greater than 100% of our elected officials which is why it’s horse shit

Comey himself said under oath after his perfectly legal firing that he hadn’t found anything that would suggest trump did anything wrong. And that’s after months of investigation.
I hold them all to that standard, and they almost always fail. I'd be happy if Mueller stuck it in and broke it off on every asshole in Washington that is a lying, cheating, grifting piece of shit like I suspect Trump is.

And whatever Comey said is irrelevant because dumb-dumb implicated himself like he always does, that's the point.

But I will say this: The best possible outcome, imo, is that Mueller is allowed to complete the investigation, Trump is exonerated of any wrongdoing, and those of us with the resulting egg on our faces are forced to rethink the moves and decisions he has made. I am fully willing to admit there's a chance he's just a guy that likes to manage through chaos and has the best interests of America at heart, even if I disagree with his policies. The alternatives are worse for America, and I love my country more than being right or "winning" unlike most of the Trump fans around here (not talking about you).

It's like you guys are intentionally ignoring the part where the FBI themselves recommended McCabes removal, not Trump and not Sessions...
And this thread is about *Dowd* asking Sessions to fire *Mueller*

I hold them all to that standard, and they almost always fail. I'd be happy if Mueller stuck it in and broke it off on every asshole in Washington that is a lying, cheating, grifting piece of shit like I suspect Trump is.

And whatever Comey said is irrelevant because dumb-dumb implicated himself like he always does, that's the point.

But I will say this: The best possible outcome, imo, is that Mueller is allowed to complete the investigation, Trump is exonerated of any wrongdoing, and those of us with the resulting egg on our faces are forced to rethink the moves and decisions he has made. I am fully willing to admit there's a chance he's just a guy that likes to manage through chaos and has the best interests of America at heart, even if I disagree with his policies. The alternatives are worse for America, and I love my country more than being right or "winning" unlike most of the Trump fans around here (not talking about you).

I think you missed my point. You are advocating for mueller and his army of investigators to go through trumps life with a fine tooth comb like that is the norm. You may in fact wish all politicians faced a similar standard but it’s never happened and never will. Which is why this is a very selective prosecution aka a witch hunt.

I think you missed my point. You are advocating for mueller and his army of investigators to go through trumps life with a fine tooth comb like that is the norm. You may in fact wish all politicians faced a similar standard but it’s never happened and never will. Which is why this is a very selective prosecution aka a witch hunt.

Clinton. This is normal.

I didn't miss your point, and yes I am advocating they go through Trump's life with a fine toothed comb as long as the evidence leads them. That's what an investigation is, and he has very clearly earned the scrutiny.

His entire life?

Yes. The investigation started because of a business deal from before he was president. They investigated him any way they could, leaving no stone unturned because of date restrictions, and followed every possible criminal activity they could turn up. The result of their investigation of financial corruption was lying about oral sex from an intern.

They go where evidence of criminal activity takes them. That's what criminal investigators do.

Yes. The investigation started because of a business deal from before he was president. They investigated him any way they could, leaving no stone unturned because of date restrictions, and followed every possible criminal activity they could turn up. The result of their investigation of financial corruption was lying about oral sex from an intern.

They go where evidence of criminal activity takes them. That's what criminal investigators do.

I’m gonna go revisit that case.

I didn't miss your point, and yes I am advocating they go through Trump's life with a fine toothed comb as long as the evidence leads them. That's what an investigation is, and he has very clearly earned the scrutiny.

I disagree that trump deserved the scrutiny

The FBI recommending McCabe's firing is not opinion. It is fact.

Care to address that, or are you just gonna spew your typical impotent rage that you do in every one of your threads?
When did the Trump cult start to trust what the FBI says?

I disagree that trump deserved the scrutiny
Well he gave them probable cause to start investigating him when he ran his mouth. And Mueller's already indicted loads of people close to Trump, with several guilty pleas.

In the end, he'll have to make the case that anything he finds links up to Russia and the election in the chain of evidence. So I don't know why any citizen would want it shut down without giving Mueller a chance to produce his report.

Isn't it odd that he is trying to end the investigation just as it is getting close to him? How is it that someone gets to end an investigation that they are the target of, doesn't sound like separation of powers to me, 3rd world dictator stuff.

Well he gave them probable cause to start investigating him when he ran his mouth. And Mueller's already indicted loads of people close to Trump, with several guilty pleas.

In the end, he'll have to make the case that anything he finds links up to Russia and the election in the chain of evidence. So I don't know why any citizen would want it shut down without giving Mueller a chance to produce his report.
I may be misunderstanding you here. Are saying he'll have to demonstrate that whatever he uncovered was in the course of the Russia investigation? He does not have to demonstrate that any wrongdoing he finds is itself related to the accusations against Russia. Mueller will only need to demonstrate reasonable suspicion that there was some connection to the Russia situation when he chose to look into whatever thing he looked into. For example, if he has reason to suspect Trump laundered money for the Russians and investigates Trumps financials, he may discover other financial crimes unrelated to Trump's involvement (or lack thereof) with Russia and he can run with those all the way to the court house. He doesn't need to link them to the Russia thing at all.

The only citizens who want to shut it down get all their news from social media, Alex Jones, and Sean Hannity.

I may be misunderstanding you here. Are saying he'll have to demonstrate that whatever he uncovered was in the course of the Russia investigation? He does not have to demonstrate that any wrongdoing he finds is itself related to the accusations against Russia. Mueller will only need to demonstrate reasonable suspicion that there was some connection to the Russia situation when he chose to look into whatever thing he looked into. For example, if he has reason to suspect Trump laundered money for the Russians and investigates Trumps financials, he may discover other financial crimes unrelated to Trump's involvement (or lack thereof) with Russia and he can run with those all the way to the court house. He doesn't need to link them to the Russia thing at all.

The only citizens who want to shut it down get all their news from social media, Alex Jones, and Sean Hannity.
Yes, that is the same as my understanding. Whatever he stumbles across is fair game as long as it stems from evidence he found in the course of the investigation. I believe he can also ask for approval from Rosenstein to follow up on anything unrelated that he finds, or Rosenstein can view the evidence and assign it elsewhere in the department.

Yes, that is the same as my understanding. Whatever he stumbles across is fair game as long as it stems from evidence he found in the course of the investigation. I believe he can also ask for approval from Rosenstein to follow up on anything unrelated that he finds, or Rosenstein can view the evidence and assign it elsewhere in the department.
Well, in that case, good record keeping will make the connection for him so he won't need to expend any extra effort justifying whatever he uncovers. But, I finally see what you mean. From the point of view of Joe Public, if Mueller comes up with an indictment, for example, he will need to demonstrate he discovered it in the course of the investigation so Joe should have no worries about the witch hunt accusation.

I would say, however, that this isn't much of a hurdle for Mueller, so that in and of itself should probably not give Joe much confidence. My confidence would be placed in the understanding that Mueller is a career public servant, well respected by both parties, and well respected within the FBI. There's no reason to doubt him unless your ear is bent by the likes of Sean Hannity.

Last edited:
Well, in that case, good record keeping will make the connection for him so he won't need to expend any extra effort justifying whatever he uncovers. But, I finally see what you mean. From the point of view of Joe Public, if Mueller comes up with an indictment, for example, he will need to demonstrate he discovered it in the course of the investigation so Joe should have no worries about the witch hunt accusation.

I would say, however, that this isn't much of a hurdle for Mueller, so that in and of itself should probably not give Joe much confidence. My confidence would be placed in the understanding that Mueller is a career public servant, well respected by both parties, and well respected within the FBI. There's no reason to doubt him unless your ear is bent by the likes of Sean Hannity.

Hannity..........

That guy is creepy.

...bodies buried in flower pots creepy.

Mueller may not even indict Trump if he finds something. Based on what I've read I'm not sure that anyone knows if he can really indict a president. I could be misinformed on that.
But, I am saying if he has evidence of crimes and recommends impeachment he'll want to show his work, so to speak, to back congress into a corner.

Back