Three giant clouds hanging over the UFC

Maybe, alien implants can do wonders.
Maybe they put the implants in his gut ;)
Anderson-Silva-Reaction.gif

For me personally the absolute decline started with the bisping/gsp saga, just a whole division held hostage and letting the legit contender walk out the door...

This clearly showed me that the ufc is a true joke

Jones has no connection to the HW division.

If he himself believed he was better than the HW champ he would have went for it long ago.

The only thing HW suffers from is a lack of new talent.

MW not having a clear champ is only due to weird fight outcomes and weight misses.

LW is a mess because of Conor, yes. But there is little reason to believe he is the best LW. He beat one and barely beat another LW in two tries. He only fought once at LW. The lineal champ part is just semantics.

If the two best LWs could stay healthy we would have a clear cut champ by now.

Bless the UFC, trying to act like the Cormier/Miocic fight decides who is GOAT. For me every division is currently being haunted by three shadows of greatness looming over the sport in their absence - Jon Jones, Conor McGregor and George’s Saint Pierre.

Don’t get me wrong DC Miocic is a fun fight, as is Woodley Covington, but it all means jack - Jones is likely the best fighter in both LHW and HW, Georges Saint Pierre is basically the true MW and WW champ, and Conor McGregor is the real LW and FW champ.

The fact that these fighters never lost dominance of the divisions and are still in their prime basically ruins all the other fights because they don’t feel lineal. Literally nobody other than TJ and DM can claim the undisputed tag. And DM is fucking things up by refusing to fight anyone. Okay and nobody can deny Miocic is HW king...but that’s sort of spoiled by everyone’s secret belief that Jones would beat him.

It is one thing for one GOAT to be absent, but isn’t anyone else perturbed by these three missing greats? Nothing will mean anything to me, even in the biggest fights, until this situation is rectified.

You are unfortunately very right.

Neither is GOAT -- but none of the guys (well maybe gsp) is either.

Jones is a terrible draw. Him and D.C. have a grudge match and that is the only time they sell.

Back