Thread Prefix Tags are now Active in the War Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking hate them.
<IllKillU>

tumblr_pj2xllTFO21u955i8o1_1280.png

I fucking hate them.
<IllKillU>

We would take the negative feedback on board, but to be fair the War Room seems to hate everything and spends all it's time posting about just how much it hates it.
What we really need is to know where prefixes rank in that hierarchy of hate, and how long does it typically take for the usual hatred of change to subside and become acceptance of the new status quo?

We would take the negative feedback on board, but to be fair the War Room seems to hate everything and spends all it's time posting about just how much it hates it.
What we really need is to know where prefixes rank in that hierarchy of hate, and how long does it typically take for the usual hatred of change to subside and become acceptance of the new status quo?
I just don’t see the value. Bells and whistles that have more potential to malfunction than usefulness.
What’s the point?

[<dunn]

Don't wish anyone merry Christmas in the War Room someone who is ball-less will put it in the dump.

Don't wish anyone merry Christmas in the War Room someone who is ball-less will put it in the dump.

It was an odd one. I don't think it delivered the way you expected.

Just popped in to say that the tags still suck.

The tags makes it much harder to scan the threadlist. I am actually surprised at how much harder.
If the were put behind the thread title, they would work. But in front? No! VERY much No!

The tags makes it much harder to scan the threadlist. I am actually surprised at how much harder.
If the were put behind the thread title, they would work. But in front? No! VERY much No!

We tried looking into this but prefixes are the only current option. I agree having it after could be a nice adjustment but it's just not available at the moment.

The Opinion tag is pretty confusing tbh. This thread obviously does contain an opinion piece, but it is related to international politics. And since every thread contains opinions, I thought the tag Opinion was just a fallback option for e.g. fundamental ethical or moral opinions. The thread example is one where I think the re-assigment was misguided because it defeats the purpose of the tags (at least for me). You filter for these tags because you want to see threads with certain topics. The Opinion tag makes this totally random, at least when used in this way.

<Ned01>

The Opinion tag is pretty confusing tbh. This thread obviously does contain an opinion piece, but it is related to international politics. And since every thread contains opinions, I thought the tag Opinion was just a fallback option for e.g. fundamental ethical or moral opinions. The thread example is one where I think the re-assigment was misguided because it defeats the purpose of the tags (at least for me). You filter for these tags because you want to see threads with certain topics. The Opinion tag makes this totally random, at least when used in this way.

<Ned01>

I agree opinion is the biggest overlap because it's about the style of the thread rather than the topic. We've just generally used opinion when they topic is posed as a question or a strong statement that may be contested. I could see it going either way on that one.

You are literally why we can't have nice things.

No.... There is something wonderful about you that is imprisoned by your desire to seek the magnificent. It's why I exist Mr. Lead. I exist to manifest your core juices, The beacon of the truth and the genesis of your existence comes from the same place..... The same plane..... I will get you there..... I cannot wait until you arrive....

Could we have one love prefix just to shake things up?

I promise to use it! It is Christmas after all!

They look really awful imo. The forum now looks cluttered and untidy. I don't see the need for them, everything was fine before these showed up. Hate them!
They'd look better at the end and not the beginning of the thread title.

Could we have one love prefix just to shake things up?

I promise to use it! It is Christmas after all!

"One love"?

Adding, removing and changing them isn't directly under Mod control I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back