thoughts opinions on virgil hunter

The way you deliver a punch is largely natural. Manny was a massively gifted puncher from the beginning. Ward isn't. I see it as similar to throwing a ball. You can't teach an arm. Ward still throws a poor right hand, and that's more or less uncorrectable. I do think it's funny that I'm telling a great fighter that his punch or technique is uncorrectable.

So why couldn't Manny punch with his right hand? He was a naturally gifted left handed puncher only until Roach.

My thoughts and opinions? Well, he seems to not have much to offer as a trainer at all, is a demonstrably sucky cornerman, comes across as a total bullshit artist in interviews, and has apparent homosexual tendencies.

The way you deliver a punch is largely natural. Manny was a massively gifted puncher from the beginning. Ward isn't. I see it as similar to throwing a ball. You can't teach an arm. Ward still throws a poor right hand, and that's more or less uncorrectable. I do think it's funny that I'm telling a great fighter that his punch or technique is uncorrectable.
I'm going to disagree with this one. Punching is an art, one that is often learned (though, of coure, there are guys who can't punch worth a damn no matter what they do and guys who punch all wrong and still kill guys upon contact). It's common for punching to be learned and sometimes punching is developed later on in a fighters career (see Hearns as he learned to sit down on his punches when he went from ammy to pro, or Hasegawa, whose KOs and stoppages went way up as he entered the world champion level).

He abandoned his daughter, who turned out to be female R&B superstar Keyshia Cole.

Who knows how many other children he's fathered and abandoned. <{Rau4}>

He abandoned his daughter, who turned out to be female R&B superstar Keyshia Cole.

Wasn't her mom a prostitute at one point?... You dont exactly abandon a prostitute. You just kind of pay/ leave and hope for the best. I think.. lol. Not that i would know lmao. Not exactly his bad. You dont really follow up 9 months later to see if shes all good and do a wellness check.
And if a prostitute tells you shes pregnant Im sure your first thought isnt " hey its probably mine" or "she seems legit, no scam here."

Its more like... " Run!"

My thoughts and opinions? Well, he seems to not have much to offer as a trainer at all, is a demonstrably sucky cornerman, comes across as a total bullshit artist in interviews, and has apparent homosexual tendencies.
not saying anyone is wrong but can someone cite some examples of his child molestor vibes and homo tendencies?

He is R&B singer Keyshia Cole's father, in case anybody did not know that.

My opinion is that he is a pretty good X's and O's guy, but not a good corner man. I think there is a big difference between those two aspects of the job, and some guys are better at one or the other.

who knows really, we aren't there with these guys to determine anything. I've known a couple guys who've made a living off of fighters and they didn't seem to really work at it at all. It's kind of like how record companies or movie companies put out so many movies and music, do they plan on each being a success? of course not, they know that the successes they do have will more than cover the losses. The stats used to be, 85 percent of all albums lose money, it has to be much worse today. Anyway, I'm not much of a believer in trainers or anyone else who tries to hoard glory when things go right. It's just like a reporter said to george gainford when he stated he was the greatest trainer who ever lived because he trained sugar ray leonard, some reporter asked him why he didn't have any other great fighters.

Wasn't her mom a prostitute at one point?... You dont exactly abandon a prostitute. You just kind of pay/ leave and hope for the best. I think.. lol. Not that i would know lmao. Not exactly his bad. You dont really follow up 9 months later to see if shes all good and do a wellness check.
And if a prostitute tells you shes pregnant Im sure your first thought isnt " hey its probably mine" or "she seems legit, no scam here."

Its more like... " Run!"

Ni gga went raw in a prostitute <{danayeah}>

He is R&B singer Keyshia Cole's father, in case anybody did not know that.

My opinion is that he is a pretty good X's and O's guy, but not a good corner man. I think there is a big difference between those two aspects of the job, and some guys are better at one or the other.

that makes some sense, if your an x-o type guy and you have a fighter w/wards iq awareness and drive that can make up for some "so so" corner work; guys like khan who don't have wards awareness iq or durability (in the case of khan/quillin).

much like certain coaches in other sports football baseball basketball

Back