Thoughts on Justin "Big Pretty" Willis

Thoughts on his performance last night? Wish he woulda got the finish, but he looked pretty good I thought, now 3-0 in the ufc, and Sherman is no joke.

I really like Willis. Like I said in the thread maybe he never will become a champ, but I could see him definitely joining the rankings and will definitely be a guy that will be around for a while and will put in some fun ones. He reminds of Roy Nelson a lot. Someone that hits very hard, isn’t afraid to slug, has good gapping and top control, colorful character and crowd pleaser.

If this guy could start just racking off 1st rd ko’s he could become a big name I think

My opinion on him fluctuates with each fight. His last fight impressed me, this one didn't really. Sherman's better than Crowder and Mulheron, yes, but he's also been corpsed in the UFC, 2/3 losses coming via KO/TKO. However, the win is the most important thing for a guy who was 6-1 before this fight. Need to build that record up steadily but unfortunately, he's now in a bad position - 3-0 means they have to now either book him against other 'streaking' prospects like Wieczorek, or opponents he isn't ready for (guys like Shamil Abdurakhimov).

Anyway, he's a cool guy and far from a bad HW prospect.

Interesting fighter. Has quick hands for a guy with his frame.

The problem is he has to finish his opponents quickly or get a huge lead on the scorecard early, since with that bodyframe he never will have a proper gas tank. That strategy works against weaker opponents, higher level opponents are going to take advantage of that.

Was literally shocked at the speed of his hands.

If he can lose a bit of weight, I think he can be a top 10 for sure. Needs to be able to go three rounds.

Willis vs Tuivasa battle of the athletic fatties. I honestly think Willis would starch Tuivasa, never seen a fat dude with such fast hands like Willis. Roy had decent hands in his prime but was always slow as fuck and only threw a right, this Willis dude is fast as fuck and he throws in combination.

Hopefully he can get his weight on track, pretty sure he cuts a hefty amount just to make 265.

He landed some solid punches, but needed more to get the finish.

He makes Roy Nelson look like a fitness guru. Beyond that i was impressed he was actually able to go the full 15 minutes. Honestly i did not know much about this guy beforehand and when this fight came on i thought i was watching a ufc fight in 1998. Looks are often deceiving however and with HW in the shape it’s in right now he could easily become a contender.

He has been training with Cormier and Cain for a long time, so no surprise if he goes to the top. I could see him being in title contention next year.

If his fight with Sherman was a five rounder, I think Sherman would've won that. Chase still had some chase in him and Justin 'not so fitty' Willis was looking very tired by the end of the 3rd.
Weird they both have beef with each other.

He's got quick hands. I'll give him that. Those quick hands made him look pretty good against Sherman who seemingly has zero head movement and just looks to trade shot for shot.

I think he will be a middle of the pack heavyweight in the UFC. I doubt he will ever be in the title picture. Even with quick hands his foot movement seems kind of flat. If he loses about twenty pounds and gets some good footwork going, he will do much better.

I like this guy. I've been talking him up before he was even in the UFC and I got laughed at by a lot of people. Yes he still has to face some top competition but I truly think he's a solid prospect in the heavyweight division. And will definitely put on some fun fights. Really big guy and really fast and athletic for his size. Has good wrestling and good hands with knockout power, also trains at American Kickboxing Academy.

I seen him fight live Saturday and he had one of the coolest moments on the card. Really fun new blood at Heavyweight.

Love his titties and his "Big Pretty" cute smile.

Would love seeing him in diapers and play with his toes 'n' shit.

Best titties to suckle on in MMA; period.

Shit cardio, but then that describes just about every HW in MMA right now.

If this guy could start just racking off 1st rd ko’s he could become a big name I think

He almost did last night (it was the 1st wasnt it?) a different referee might have stopped it, but props to both goddard and sherman for pulling through. They were kinda just standing in front of each other, and willis seemed to be trying to land big heavy punches a lot. Looks a fun fighter at least.

Last edited:
Might be a contender in the future. This guy should be easy to hype if they market him right.

We've already got The Black Beast ... this guy should go by The Black Walrus.

I like this guy. I've been talking him up before he was even in the UFC and I got laughed at by a lot of people. Yes he still has to face some top competition but I truly think he's a solid prospect in the heavyweight division. And will definitely put on some fun fights. Really big guy and really fast and athletic for his size. Has good wrestling and good hands with knockout power, also trains at American Kickboxing Academy.

I seen him fight live Saturday and he had one of the coolest moments on the card. Really fun new blood at Heavyweight.

Id say drop to 205lbs , hes carrying way too much fat and overall size for his height and frame plus hed have better cardio..with his hand speed and clinch control he could be a problem at 205..IMO..its only a matter of time before the more elite HW expose him..sherman was already catching him with some brutal body kicks..and was making him slow down pretty bad...imagine overeem/struve/ Volkov connecting on his body..tko finish alla Bas Rutten "kick to da livar"

I'm not sure what to think of Willis yet. In a way I'm kinda on the same train for him as I am with Ledet. In that there is stuff I like from both of them. But I dunno I'm just not sold yet. Would love to see them two fight each other.

He seems to be lacking an innate killer instinct that the top heavyweights have.

Back