Thoughts on Frampton vs Donaire

Kassitus

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Greetings boxing bros,

This fight is one that seemed to be a great fight since it was announced. When I initially saw people discussing it the talk was about how Donaire is washed up and Frampton will probably take it despite not being as good. However, I was listening to Steve Kim talk about the fight and he said that Frampton is showing all the signs of being done as a fighter. He said Frampton now just wants to make some money and retire and will likely decline sharply in his next fights. I am interested to hear the boxing vets consider this view and give some insight into whether or not it is a valid one.

I recently read Frampton talk about how he wants to win and set up a showdown with Oscar Valdez. To me he seems like he has the proverbial fire within him, and want to achieve more. I think he still has good potential.

<GOT2>

In theory Frampton should have plenty of miles left on the clock, but the loss to Santa Cruz seems to have messed with his head - subsequently missing weight for the Gutierrez non-event, splitting with McGuigan and looking flat against Garcia.

The Donaire fight is perfect in that it will show us if he still has the ambition and drive.

He needs a big performance, win or lose, or I fear he'll be walking away from the sport.

Fish eyes says it's a great match up, who are we to argue?

Nonito has looked DONE more than once and still came back strong so he is hard to really count all the way out. Plus he has the stupid hard hook that bails him out of fights he's losing badly.

I think it's Frampton's fight to lose though. Should be the favorite. Probably should win.

Back