Thoughts On Chris Eubank Jr.

Everytime i have seen him fight, he always resorts to throwing shitty shots like Wilder does when he thinks he is having success.

As others have mentioned, he needs to actually improve his boxing skills, but i feel it is too far gone for any change in style now.

He was trying to take Groves' head off.

Everytime i have seen him fight, he always resorts to throwing shitty shots like Wilder does when he thinks he is having success.

As others have mentioned, he needs to actually improve his boxing skills, but i feel it is too far gone for any change in style now.
with what's around today, he should be in the mix. And where does anyone find a good coach these days? Most of them are dead.

well, having an eye for the sport, i could see he had a lot of talent just from his training, a lot of drive too, the things we couldn't see and can't see until fight time are things like heart, chin, adaptability, ring intelligence. Takes more than a couple things in this sport. I still thought with what's around that he should have done well, and he did well, he just lost a fight (or two was it?) no big deal. If he can step back and realize he needs to do more things than he did before he'll be fine.

Two losses, both decision. One to Groves and one to BJS. Nothing to be ashamed of. His Groves fight he showed so much will to win. I think in his anger he lost control. He was bombing shots but missing wide. It looked like a street brawl in spurts. He was trying to get him out of there, he knew he was down.

Eubank Jr has fast hands, a good chin and good stamina. Three attributes that guarantee he won't be an easy fight for anyone.

The problem for him is that if he steps and fights anyone with a good jab, or good movement he hasn't got a clue about what to do until it's too late. I think he will beat DeGale in his next fight, claim to be the best and then go on to lose again once he eventually steps up again.

with what's around today, he should be in the mix. And where does anyone find a good coach these days? Most of them are dead.

Well he's in the mix, but isnt good enough to beat any top fighters, he may win some version of a title one day, but he is not a world class fighter.

And i dont even think he needs a world class coach, he just needs one that can teach him to box rather than rely on his physical attributes

his most recent fight just showed us that he hasn't grown since his loss to groves. he has nasty power and is tough guy but he when he is faced with competition that can impose itself he tends to become singleminded.
one big point of that was he stung JJ in the first with his left hook and then he pretty much decided to wing the left hook whether it was there or not and the more he tried to rely on it the less it was there because dude knew what was coming.
not really an impressive performance by Eubank at all i don't think he has what it takes to beat either of the finalists in the tourney (Groves, Callum)

Give him a year with Mayweather and then I’ll judge. He’s got some pop, good speed, great engine, heart and chin. If he doesn’t show technical improvements within a year, I’d pretty much write him off in terms of being world class, but at least he is addressing his limitations which gives him a chance.

He needs to cut himself off from his current setup and go and train with (and more importantly LISTEN TO) someone like Jamie Moore who can get the best out of him.

Otherwise he'll always be a flat track bully, and nothing more.

Chris Eubank Jnr has no basics or fundamentals whatsoever and imo will never win a world title or make any real noise at world level soon as he levels up hell get beat like he always does

Best thing he's got is his fitness and his pressure but he has no ring iq or boxing brain, I know he had no amateur pedigree but if he wants to improve he needs to listen to what people are telling him and stop acting like an idiot all his life

But me personally I do not rate him at all

I think Eubank is too arrogant.

helluva athlete, but from what i remember of the Groves fight, he's just a brawler.

No jab, no straight. Just hooks & uppercuts.

Great fighter but with poor ring iq at times and doesnt lusten to his trainers and//or could use a new camp
The groves fight he seemed lost got worse as it went on

The guy is over-rated, if people still rate him, and lives off his fathers name. If his name was Chris Peters or whatever, nobody would even be paying any attention to him.

Yea the eubank name has got him further than he ever wouldlve gotten

helluva athlete, but from what i remember of the Groves fight, he's just a brawler.

No jab, no straight. Just hooks & uppercuts.

Even though he was getting picked apart I liked that he showed heart until the end. He was swinging trying to get Groves out of there because he knew he was down. Some guys are losing, and are content to either RTD or wait it out until the bell. I don't think you can teach heart.

Back