Thoughts of suicide

That's good to hear bro. I've also been suicidal in the past but now I'm glad I stuck around

Me to, you're a funny guy, and a great presence on here. TS, you hang in there, I'm a business owner myself, lots of ups and downs...one day at a time bud.

Stick around, TS.

You'll be glad you did.

I've had the same kinda feelings too at times. Sometimes when our life doesn't feel like it's within our control or like it's never going to get better those type of thoughts creep out. You got a son who probably loves you more than anything. You gotta be strong for him and the others that love you. Nothing wrong with reaching out when you're having a hard time. Everyone needs help and support. And if you can't meet the child support, don't do what my step-dad did and put it off. Try and renegotiate for something more manageable. I've never interacted with you before @Robocok, but you seem like a decent guy and you got a great username. Hope you keep improving.

You getting follow-up help, TS?

Just make sure you don't go to WebMD, mother fucker. Because:

21764807_1731391863572368_893911934506057283_n.jpg

Sherdog has a particular set of skills, and they will find you.......

Fuck that.

You'd have to earn all the experience points again to level up skillz, and lose all your loot?

Seriously?

TS, I'm glad you didn't do it.

I'm glad that any of us who thought about it didn't do it!

This is Sherdog and we're here for each other.

We got your back Sherbro/Shersis.

Well look at it from your son's perspective. Having a broke dad is infinitely better than not having one.

A lot of the times I'm fine. I go about my day doing shit I need to do, lift weights, do some work, meet girls, and make shitty threads about them. But some days, depression hits me with an inexplicable intensity. I don't know where it comes from but I could just be walking home or sitting in my room working when I start thinking I'm a piece of shit who needs to die. I start wondering if it'll be easy to run a warm bath and cut my wrists. I feel better after I write about it though.

I've always been a kind of too deep thinker. To me existence in this life is like this period

___________________.____________________________________________________________________________________________

I could hardly ever go a day without contemplating suicide but now that I started taking pills I don't anymore.

I am torn on the suicide issue. While I won't encourage someone to do it, I also won't do the whole "you matter, it gets better" mantra because I don't know the person's situation.

And it doesn't always get better
It's worth talking to someone regardless

I'm glad you're out of it and carrying on. Life is hard, sometimes checking out seems like the best option, but it very rarely is.

That's good to hear bro. I've also been suicidal in the past but now I'm glad I stuck around

Im even more glad you stuck around

Can anyone imagine a SD without @Zer ?

fist-pump.gif

I did in the past but haven't had any thoughts as of late.

That may have something to do with my writing, bass playing and other hobbies distracting me.

The best thing I could do for myself was to not live for others. As soon as I stopped caring about what others thought and wanted for me, the better I felt and a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

My outlook is: "Were all going to die anyway, might as well do something you like to take up the time until it happens".

I am glad you are still with us, and I hope you stick around to see your son's children. Please try and get help for your depression, when a parent commits suicide it makes a big emotional impact on the child. I wish you the best!

I hope everything keeps getting better for you TS. I know its hard but I hope you will find a source of strength to get through this. be safe.

Thanks for the kind words gents. I felt ashamed at posting this earlier, like I'm so weak for having these thoughts, but I don't think I could ever go through with it. Things would have to be a million times worse and I would never check out and leave my son on his own (never ever) but man, I was more depressed last week than I've ever been in my life.

Everyone who admits to having the dark feelings sometimes, thanks. It means a lot knowing other people whose posts I enjoy go through this too.

Back