Those with Reyes training gloves - What's the weight?

deh707

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's well known that almost all Mexican training gloves, including Reyes, come in a bit heavy.

I had a pair of 12oz velcro Reyes that weighed 17.3~ ounces each!

Had a 16oz velcro Reyes that weighed 19.2~ oz each, and a 14oz laceup Reyes that weighed 15.4oz~ (not bad).

It seems that the velcro strap itself might be causing excessive weight compared to the laceups.

To those with Reyes trainers, care to state what OZ they are, and the true weight?

Are you buying actual Reyes gloves? Cause I've owned 16oz velcros and they weighed 15.8oz and I've owned 12oz that weighed 12.3oz... I think you got ripped off my bro

I own a pair of 16oz lace ups and owned a pair of 12oz velcros. I don't have a scale for measuring the gloves but the 16s feel much lighter than the 12s did imo. It might just be the balance point, but I feel snappier and smoother working with the heavier lace ups than I ever did using the velcros.

Compared to the myriad other budget gloves I've owned/used (Title Platinum 14 and 16oz, Everlast Pro Style 16oz, Ringside Apex 14oz, Title Infusion 14oz, Everlast Powerlock 18oz, Everlast C3 lace up 12oz, Everlast Protex 2 16oz, etc etc) the Reyes 16oz lace ups are a whole other world in terms of balance/weight/impact.

It's well known that almost all Mexican training gloves, including Reyes, come in a bit heavy.

I had a pair of 12oz velcro Reyes that weighed 17.3~ ounces each!

Had a 16oz velcro Reyes that weighed 19.2~ oz each, and a 14oz laceup Reyes that weighed 15.4oz~ (not bad).

It seems that the velcro strap itself might be causing excessive weight compared to the laceups.

To those with Reyes trainers, care to state what OZ they are, and the true weight?

I think you may be onto something. I have a new pair of legit Reyes training in 16oz (velcro) - they feel much heavier than other 16 oz gloves I have in my arsenal.

A friend of mine who has worked closely with Reyes distributors said that since Reyes is a popular glove, the QC is terms of construction is great but lacks in weight. This is because the glove is popular so they have to pump out gloves to meet with demand. Personally for me, weight is not a problem but that reason makes sense. Plus, a lot of people have noted the Reyes are generally 2oz heavier. I also have a pair of black 16o Reyes that come in at 18oz.

I recently got Sabas SS and the weight came in at 15.9oz for the right glove and 16oz for the right. They are a boutique brand that is not in high demand like a Reyes training glove so it makes sense that they would have more "time" to sort out weight.

A friend of mine who has worked closely with Reyes distributors said that since Reyes is a popular glove, the QC is terms of construction is great but lacks in weight. This is because the glove is popular so they have to pump out gloves to meet with demand. Personally for me, weight is not a problem but that reason makes sense. Plus, a lot of people have noted the Reyes are generally 2oz heavier. I also have a pair of black 16o Reyes that come in at 18oz.

I recently got Sabas SS and the weight came in at 15.9oz for the right glove and 16oz for the right. They are a boutique brand that is not in high demand like a Reyes training glove so it makes sense that they would have more "time" to sort out weight.

Is Reyes "popular"? <LikeReally5>

Is Reyes "popular"? <LikeReally5>
Lol that's exactly what I told him. I don't normally see Reyes training gloves here in SoCal when fighters are training. I always thought that was quite odd. I usually see Winning, Everlast and Fighting. Occasionally I'll see the Reyes and Grant gloves.

I'm actually amazed at the differences in Reyes glove weights everyone has gotten... lowered my respect of them even more.

Back