Those who know about guns....

The Remington 870 is a good bit of kit, buy some Hatton rounds and go see what the neighbours are up to :icon_twis:icon_lol:

how does an over under work anyway exactly? i was checking a few out at a gun show a couple weeks ago, they are very attractive guns, but the ones i checked all had a single trigger.

could someone explain the action on an over/under for me?

how does an over under work anyway exactly? i was checking a few out at a gun show a couple weeks ago, they are very attractive guns, but the ones i checked all had a single trigger.

could someone explain the action on an over/under for me?

from wiki
Later models used a single trigger that would alternately fire both barrels, called a single selective trigger or SST. The SST does not allow firing of both barrels at once, since it must be pulled twice in order to fire both barrels. The change from one barrel to the other may be done by a clockwork type system, where a cam alternates between barrels, or by an inertial system where the recoil of firing the first barrel selects the next barrel. Generally there is a method of selecting the order in which the barrels of an SST shotgun fire; commonly this is done through manipulation of the safety, pushing to one side to select top barrel first and the other side to select bottom barrel first.

One of the advantages of the double, with double triggers or SST, is that a second shot can be taken almost immediately after the first.

they are really nifty, if they have ejectors they even know which barrel you fired

My recommendation if you haven't bought one yet is you can't go wrong for the price and the ease of either one Mossberg or Remington 870 with an 18/18.5 barrell in either one for defensive purposes of course.

Back