Those of you I said were dumb if you think Conor will return to boxing

As I respect all your responses....We heard the same shit about Conor vs Floyd never happening. Not a chance.....It did.
So I guess we will see. I dont care one way or another lol

The chosen one. I know things that the rest of you mere mortals do not.
ok i will buy that. I just love how TS is always attacked for just reporting on things sources MOST of the MMA world take as scripture. UNLESS they are the ones who didnt actually read it themselves and until they do its fake. Conor will be back in the boxing ring regardless of who it is. Canelo will not fight GGG again in my opinion because he didnt like how being beaten up was and knows he will get it worse in a rematch. So why not take an easy fight with Conor? Its not out of the realm of possibily its just Sherdog has many with very little open minds. Shall I bring up a 100 threads on Sherdog where it was said Conor and Floyd would NEVER happen. Lol idc if the fight happens or not.

No. This guy from Golden Boy says no to Conor vs Canelo about 1:52.

Conor needs a big-name opponent to make another fight that's big enough to make the UFC let him box again. Too bad Jake LaMotta just died. That would've been epic. "You never knocked me down, Conor."

Was this you??

Also an interesting read....Conor speaking for MMA fighters on the Ali act. Now that he is bothe an MMA fighter and considers himself a boxer, where he will again.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/mma/2017...ess-us-congress-rights-campaign-mma-fighters/

"Despite losing in the 10th round against Mayweather, McGregor has indicated that he may box again, and a handful of other UFC fighters have expressed an interest in lucrative one-off boxing bouts.
Legal experts have been discussing in the media whether McGregor is now a boxer in the eyes of the law, and thus entitled to the protection of the Act, or if he will lose that protection when he returns to the UFC."

I mean good on Conor for cause I guess he can take a beating, make an 8 figure payday and call it a career. But what does that match do for GGG. May vs. Mac was a fun circus sideshow where most of us were highly confident that Floyd- even a Floyd who'd been retired for two years and was over 40 would win and win big. But at least people who questioned that outcome had things like Floyd's age and the time away to cite.

Canelo is in the prime of his career, a young dude with power and technique to boot. Conor will get hurt.

McG should just relinquish the LW belt. Does not seem to have a desire to defend it if the price isn't right and the UFC is not going to match his boxing paydays. But those paydays won't keep coming if Alvzrez dominates him so it makes sense to cash in big up front.
GGG beat Canelo and Canelo knows it. I dont see CANELO wanting a rematch he knows he wont win. We know he wont after seeing that once sided beat down. He will fight some other contender at his own weight class

ok i will buy that. I just love how TS is always attacked for just reporting on things sources MOST of the MMA world take as scripture. UNLESS they are the ones who didnt actually read it themselves and until they do its fake. Conor will be back in the boxing ring regardless of who it is. Canelo will not fight GGG again in my opinion because he didnt like how being beaten up was and knows he will get it worse in a rematch. So why not take an easy fight with Conor? Its not out of the realm of possibily its just Sherdog has many with very little open minds. Shall I bring up a 100 threads on Sherdog where it was said Conor and Floyd would NEVER happen. Lol idc if the fight happens or not.

Because Conor isn't angling for it and already said he's coming back to MMA, and Golden Boy as of yesterday confirmed they were officially in talks on terms for Golovkin/Canelo 2 in May.

lol @ Canelo getting beaten up. What fight were you watching?

Because Conor isn't angling for it and already said he's coming back to MMA, and Golden Boy as of yesterday confirmed they were officially in talks on terms for Golovkin/Canelo 2 in May.

lol @ Canelo getting beaten up. What fight were you watching?
Well I hear different.
1. I hear GGG doesnt want a rematch because he feels he won the fight which I agree (as most boxers agree).
2. Just because Golden Boy says it... we know nothing is ever given a green light until the contracts are signed. We seen this when Dana White said the fight with Mayweather would never happen and May/Mac was considered a laughable rumor all the way up until the day it was officially announced.
3. Canelo was beaten up GGG won 10 rounds to 2. Many Boxing analysts agree with that so I wont even bother debating on that with you, its my opinion and you can have yours.
4. Canelo vs GGG also isnt set for sure either. I wouldnt be surprised if Canelo takes a dif fight first.
5. Conor says he wants another boxing match. I will provide you a few sources if you are that lazy to look for yourself. He wont settle for a small pay day in the UFC. That is my opinion.

Well I hear different.
1. I hear GGG doesnt want a rematch because he feels he won the fight which I agree (as most boxers agree).
2. Just because Golden Boy says it... we know nothing is ever given a green light until the contracts are signed. We seen this when Dana White said the fight with Mayweather would never happen and May/Mac was considered a laughable rumor all the way up until the day it was officially announced.
3. Canelo was beaten up GGG won 10 rounds to 2. Many Boxing analysts agree with that so I wont even bother debating on that with you, its my opinion and you can have yours.
4. Canelo vs GGG also isnt set for sure either. I wouldnt be surprised if Canelo takes a dif fight first.
5. Conor says he wants another boxing match. I will provide you a few sources if you are that lazy to look for yourself. He wont settle for a small pay day in the UFC. That is my opinion.

1. GGG and Sanchez have both said they want a rematch. And why wouldn't they? Regardless of what they think, the official decision was a Draw, that's something they'll want to rectify.

2. Well, they delivered good on their promise before (to make the fight happen in 2017), I think there's enough reason to believe they're being honest again. Canelo knows GGG isn't as huge of a threat as people made out, I think he'd have the utmost confidence in a rematch.

3. How anyone could score this 10 rounds to 2 for either man is beyond me. And Canelo was beaten up so badly he had not a scratch on him while Golovkin's face was all bruised and abused lol.

5. I can definitely see him boxing again one day, but not anytime soon. And he doesn't get small paydays in the UFC - He makes an average of 15-20 million per fight, maybe more. And he might even be able to negotiate for a little more before he returns.

1. GGG and Sanchez have both said they want a rematch. And why wouldn't they? Regardless of what they think, the official decision was a Draw, that's something they'll want to rectify.

2. Well, they delivered good on their promise before (to make the fight happen in 2017), I think there's enough reason to believe they're being honest again. Canelo knows GGG isn't as huge of a threat as people made out, I think he'd have the utmost confidence in a rematch.

3. How anyone could score this 10 rounds to 2 for either man is beyond me. And Canelo was beaten up so badly he had not a scratch on him while Golovkin's face was all bruised and abused lol.

5. I can definitely see him boxing again one day, but not anytime soon. And he doesn't get small paydays in the UFC - He makes an average of 15-20 million per fight, maybe more. And he might even be able to negotiate for a little more before he returns.
Mcgregor vs Nate 3 may do a little bit not much. Conor being embarrassed by Floyd didnt help his cause. I personally dont want to see a Nate 3, Nate Im surprised if he does even want to fight anymore...? Dana said Conor wanted to defend his belt before the year ends...that changed, he doesnt want to fight until 2018. Wants to fight in Russia against Khabib....never will happen, Khabib cant even make weight. Dana says Khabib isnt healthy right now. Only thing I see that will be huge money is if GSP wins against Bisping I can see him dropping the belt and calling out Conor for a fight at 170. That would be money. Conor vs Lee, Ferg, any of the other lightweights are not huge sells. Huge sells in Conors payday terms. McGregor is still UFC's biggest star but he is not going to make what he wants.

Mcgregor vs Nate 3 may do a little bit not much. Conor being embarrassed by Floyd didnt help his cause. I personally dont want to see a Nate 3, Nate Im surprised if he does even want to fight anymore...? Dana said Conor wanted to defend his belt before the year ends...that changed, he doesnt want to fight until 2018. Wants to fight in Russia against Khabib....never will happen, Khabib cant even make weight. Dana says Khabib isnt healthy right now. Only thing I see that will be huge money is if GSP wins against Bisping I can see him dropping the belt and calling out Conor for a fight at 170. That would be money. Conor vs Lee, Ferg, any of the other lightweights are not huge sells. Huge sells in Conors payday terms. McGregor is still UFC's biggest star but he is not going to make what he wants.

Any fight with Conor is a huge sell and whether he fights again in 2017 or waits until 2018 remains to be seen. Not every opponent is gonna be as big as the last though, but that's just the way it works. Every huge star from Ali on down to Mayweather goes through that, Conor is no different. People really overthink this kind of stuff and put way more thought into the money side of it than even Conor himself does.

And of course Conor/Nate will happen again one day, it's the concluding rubber match to MMA's (objectively) biggest trilogy. No way it doesn't happen eventually.

Back