Those Conservative Christian Values

RetiredWisFighter

Amateur Fighter
@red
Reaction score
Took a story of an Australian Cardinal, and turned it into a thread bashing all conservatives and Christians.

Neat.

While I view Christianity as promoting gullibility and stupidity to the world, The Catholic Church does not represent all christians.

Cardinal Pell, interestingly enough, was one of the chosen few who were able to vote for the new pope. He was pardoned by Francis' predecessor, and given numerous seats, in Rome, escaping prosecution in other countries, of high authority.

I think the Catholic Church' sexual scandals speak more to the sexual repression taught within christianity, but again, not all christians, and not all conservatives, behave in such a deviant manner.

Took a story of an Australian Cardinal, and turned it into a thread bashing all conservatives and Christians.

Neat.
Nah just trying to see if the conservatives and/or conservative Christians will defend this, deflect this, or condemn this. Obviously you chose option B

I'm not knowledgeable on the political leanings of that Catholic priest who lived in Australia.

LOL

"Every act of Muslim terror implicates the entire religion of Islam. But every pedo priest does not implicate the religion of Christianity."

The American right, ladies and gentlemen. In all their conveniently double minded glory.

I'm not knowledgeable on the political leanings of that Catholic priest who lived in Australia.
But I'm sure you're knowledgeable about the political leanings of the Catholic Church as a whole. And here's a hint, you don't get that high up in the Catholic Church (or any other org) unless you have the same beliefs as them

LOL

"Every act of Muslim terror implicates the entire religion of Islam. But every pedo priest does not implicate the religion of Christianity."

The American right, ladies and gentlemen. In all their conveniently double minded glory.
Might have something to do with the fact that violence is backed by Islamic theology while sex with children isn't backed by Christian theology but I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box.

Might have something to do with the fact that violence is backed by Islamic theology while sex with children isn't backed by Christian theology but I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box.

Except I've made the same argument here myself, dumbass.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/asia/cardinal-pell-australia/index.html?adkey=bn

"Pell has previously denied covering up abuse committed by priests when he served as the Archbishop of Melbourne from 1996 to 2001. But he acknowledgedhis predecessor, Archbishop Frank Little, now deceased, had destroyed documents to protect priests."

Not what Jesus meant when he said Let the little children come and do not hinder them

Can you link this behavior to being endorsed by Scripture? If not, then fuck off.

How about that good old ATHEIST values???
40 million killed by Mao
20 million killed by Stalin
9 million killed by Hitler

But I'm sure you're knowledgeable about the political leanings of the Catholic Church as a whole. And here's a hint, you don't get that high up in the Catholic Church (or any other org) unless you have the same beliefs as them
I'm not a Catholic.

I disagree with many things in Catholicism.

And the Catholics tend to be much more liberal than evangelical Christians.

While I view Christianity as promoting gullibility and stupidity to the world, The Catholic Church does not represent all christians.

Cardinal Pell, interestingly enough, was one of the chosen few who were able to vote for the new pope. He was pardoned by Francis' predecessor, and given numerous seats, in Rome, escaping prosecution in other countries, of high authority.

I think the Catholic Church' sexual scandals speak more to the sexual repression taught within christianity, but again, not all christians, and not all conservatives, behave in such a deviant manner.

So not all Christians is a valid defense for centuries of systemic and coordinated child abuse and cover ups... but not ok for Muslims radicals and the Muslim population in general?

It is a recurring theme that the Catholic Church provides sanctuary for senior Catholics in the Vatican from prosecution in their home countries.

Disgraceful

The Catholic Church has destroyed their own reputation. It will take a hundred years to rebuild it, if ever.

As a religious person, good riddance.

Back