This whole 'cis' gendered thing.

I have to confess that 95% of things that I hear about on the internet, I've never come close to experiencing in real life.

Do people really use "cis" outside of liberal arts college classrooms?

I heard my friend's daughter, then a sophomore at Stuyvesant, use it once. This was about 8 years ago in Park Slope, so you get the idea, right?

I find it an incredibly annoying term. Orwell wrote a lot about the way the language we use (in our society) affects the way we think. Every time I hear these sorts of neologisms I'm reminded of him. The people who define the terms control a discussion. I don't think the "normal" majority should be ceding our control of the narrative to this vocal minority.

I heard my friend's daughter, then a sophomore at Stuyvesant, use it once. This was about 8 years ago in Park Slope, so you get the idea, right?

I find it an incredibly annoying term. Orwell wrote a lot about the way the language we use (in our society) affects the way we think. Every time I hear these sorts of neologisms I'm reminded of him. The people who define the terms control a discussion. I don't think the "normal" majority should be ceding our control of the narrative to this vocal minority.
I'll confess to not being overly concerned about these terms. You heard it once 8 years ago, I've never heard it. I'd imagine that most people, even current college students don't encounter it.

I'm sure it would annoy me if it was prevalent though.

I've still yet to see this horseshit used in real life. Not even when I was in college.

It's one of those terms I've found out what it means but forget immediately.
I just don't run across goofy people in my life.
Just don't refer to my gender or anyone else's, it's not a conversation I want to have, especially these days. Just say my name or even "hey you".

Better yet, just don't talk to me at all.

See that's the biggest thing, in real life you can for the most part choose your surroundings, while online you have to put up with the drags of society. It's weird to me when people combine the two words and treat them as one.

See that's the biggest thing, in real life you can for the most part choose your surroundings, while online you have to put up with the drags of society. It's weird to me when people combine the two words and treat them as one.
Well even when I have run across alternately sexuality'd fruits, I listen respectfully to the queer :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:'s point of view and make and effort to treat the tranny gooner with dignity.

100 threads complaining about LGBT stuff.

0 threads pushing LGBT stuff on you

Except the sexy tranny one

Nice cis straw man bruh!

My wife works in IT consulting, her current client ( an international tobacco , wine distributor ) is ramming that LBGTQRSTUV stuff down all their employees throats at present.

I don't think threads currently on the front page of the fucking Mayberry ( or not ) are a useful indicator of..........anything.

In theory it's a good way to spot idiots and deal with them accordingly, the second the word "cis" comes out of their mouth you know exactly what kind of lunatic you're dealing with. I've never heard the word spoken in real life though.

Cis is another word for not mentally ill.

I'm damn sick of it. I've been progressive all my life, supported trans, gay and queer friends, I don't deserve to be miss labeled just because some people who were previously shit on have got some power and are attempting to give back some of what they got.
Lol. Is that your drag show stage name? jk

But seriously, your post is spot on.
People like to carry on about how you shouldn't be ashamed of the way you were born and be proud of who you are. I agree with the not being ashamed of the way you inherently enter this life. But I strongly disagree that you should be proud of any of those things too. Anybody that talks about being proud of their race, gender, ethnicity etc. is usually lacking in the substance department, in my personal experience. The only thing you should be proud of are your actions and the way treat the rest of humanity.

Back