This whole 'cis' gendered thing.

So where are you spending your time, to hear this so much?

Working as a doorman. I heard it from a green haired 6'4", bespectacled feminist who is/was a friend of mine. Crazy woman!

That's part of the issue that crazies get free social power adopting those ideologies.

As has been said its less the label in itself and more the "stupid white man" fashion in which its come to be used.

I mean clearly there is a lot of transphobia around and you see a lot of it on Sherdog(it clearly feeds into the insecurities of alt right/alpha types who are over represented here) including this thread but I think the universal nature of the insult and the obsession with language does have an elitist bent to it.

The kind of liberalism that's most popular with in mainstream politics and media tends to have an unpleasant side to it that's disrespectful of much of the working class population. I think the reason is obvious, those at the top want to carry on an economic system that benefits themselves at the expense of such people so promoting a world view that's negative of them obviously helps that, why would you want to help someone working part time at walmart and living on a trailer park? he's probably a filthy racist, sexist transphobe, its YOU who are the oppressed one. Don't vote fo Bernie Sanders he's supported by sexists.

The reality for me is that the people at the top don't just know there tactics end up forcing people into the arms of the far right they actually want this to happen. The more they create this environment the stronger there argument can become and we see it on politics becoming more and more partisan.

As has been pointed out politics have become much more partisan over the last 20-30 years yet I think if you look at key issues in economics and foreign policy the two parties have actually moved closer together, indeed I would say even social issues whilst obviously divided are less divided than they would have been in the mid 20th century. If your in that situation were a large part of the population basically has nobody in the politican mainstream to represent them the obvious answer is to distract them with partisan debate on social issues, basic divide and conquer tactics.

I'd probably say that the top as you put it are not as concerned with internal division as you imagine, as they make money regardless; what seems more likely to me is that it is the result of natural forces and foreign power influence with a side of your own elites casual ignorance.

Russia specifically gains a lot by turning Americans against each other.

Why is this still in Mayberry?

I'd argue because we've been talking about this kinda stuff for a while here now and I think this adds to the conversation rather than detracts from it. Everything is political if you get down to it, but I would say this is more about culture and above all: interesting.

Also, I should really have said I prefer gender normative to cis, rather than straight. Normal works too! @sissypunch. @EndlessCritic

Last edited:
Working as a doorman. I heard it from a green haired 6'4", bespectacled feminist who is/was a friend of mine. Crazy woman!

That's part of the issue that crazies get free social power adopting those ideologies.
Sounds like a situation to address with that person. For someone who may dislike labels, it should be understandable if someone wants to not be labeled.
I honestly never hear that - even with a supervisor who considers herself ultra-sensitive to that sort of thing to the point of giving her male dog a female name (despite thinking a fucking blackface picture a coworker showed her was funny to show off).

Most people don't get that deep into this shit. And just out of curiosity, is this 6'5" woman "cisgendered" herself?

Sounds like a situation to address with that person. For someone who may dislike labels, it should be understandable if someone wants to not be labeled.
I honestly never hear that - even with a supervisor who considers herself ultra-sensitive to that sort of thing to the point of giving her male dog a female name (despite thinking a fucking blackface picture a coworker showed her was funny to show off).

Most people don't get that deep into this shit. And just out of curiosity, is this 6'5" woman "cisgendered" herself?

Yeah, it was only later I realised why I disliked the term so much and that I was right to do so.

She is complicated so probably non binary. But in reality, she's a broadly a woman with generally typical preferences and interests. I would never assume a gender for a lass like that, there is a certain vagueness associated, like super position, its state crumbles under observation <45>

I'd probably say that the top as you put it are not as concerned with internal division as you imagine, as they make money regardless; what seems more likely to me is that it is the result of natural forces and foreign power influence with a side of your own elites casual ignorance.

Russia specifically gains a lot by turning Americans against each other.

They make money regardless because both sides of the political spectrum that focus on this kind of debate are favourable to them.

I would say Russiaphobia has clearly become another tool of the liberal but right wing establishment as represented by Hilrary, CNN, etc, its become a scapegoat for their electoral failure and the same has happened in the UK. I mean if your depending on reviving the "red menace" and McCarthyism what does that say about your politically?

They make money regardless because both sides of the political spectrum that focus on this kind of debate are favourable to them.

I would say Russiaphobia has clearly become another tool of the liberal but right wing establishment as represented by Hilrary, CNN, etc, its become a scapegoat for their electoral failure and the same has happened in the UK. I mean if your depending on reviving the "red menace" and McCarthyism what does that say about your politically?

Sure that stuff is in the media more atm.

I've been sayin this shit since before the Arab spring about Americas funding of pro democracy movents in North Africa and how every major power attempts to influence it's targets. China in Pakistan is another good example, funding their infrastructure. Many different forms of power.

It's now becoming worth pointing out by our leaders cos they're getting to be on the losing side. Russia definitely wins the influence battle atm, that can be seen on their home soil if you can't see elsewhere.

bbef861000480504.jpg
I had no idea there was an attack helicopter one! I can get on board with this tranny thing now.

Sure that stuff is in the media more atm.

I've been sayin this shit since before the Arab spring about Americas funding of pro democracy movents in North Africa and how every major power attempts to influence it's targets. China in Pakistan is another good example, funding their infrastructure. Many different forms of power.

It's now becoming worth pointing out by our leaders cos they're getting to be on the losing side. Russia definitely wins the influence battle atm, that can be seen on their home soil if you can't see elsewhere.

I think Russian influence in the US is very limited indeed, whats shifted in the past decade is that the neoliberial capitalist standard has been desperately trying to pretend nothing has changed post 2008.

I would say in Russia itself obviously Putin has a lot of media control but it helps that Russians known US influence in their country in recent decades has been vastly more significant and mostly IMHO malign. I mean can you imagine a US president running on a promise that billions in IMF loans would only happen if he was elected because it pleased Russia? that's what happened with Yelstin during the Clinton years. When you've experienced your country turned into a failed state(I mean yes to be fair a lot of it the result of domestic issues) with life expectance dropping almost 20 years in a decade your inclined to be rather hostile hence a strong man nationalist like Putin is popular.

Last edited:
This term is not a thing in Russia, thankfully. I'd be offended if someone called me a cisgender male. I am a hetero male, simple as that. They can think up any queer words they want to identify themselves, but dont label normal people.

I think Russian influence in the US is very limited indeed, whats shifted in the past decade is that the neoliberial capitalist standard has been desperately trying to pretend nothing has changed post 2008.

I would say in Russia itself obviously Putin has a lot of media control but it helps that Russians known US influence in their country in recent decades has been vastly more significant and mostly IMHO malign. I mean can you imagine a US president running on a promise that billions in IMF loans would only happen if he was elected because it pleased Russia? that's what happened with Yelstin during the Clinton years. When you've experienced your country turned into a failed state(I mean yes to be fair a lot of it the result of domestic issues) with life expectance dropping almost 20 years in a decade your inclined to be rather hostile hence a strong man nationalist like Putin is popular.

And this is why we should not ban political talk to the war room. War room is gloves off partisan trolling, Mayberry is comical or intelligent discussion. There needs to be a space for reasonable people to discuss ideas without getting unpleasant.

It's one of those terms I've found out what it means but forget immediately.
I just don't run across goofy people in my life.
Just don't refer to my gender or anyone else's, it's not a conversation I want to have, especially these days. Just say my name or even "hey you".

Better yet, just don't talk to me at all.

I ignore these made up terms. People can chose to do whatever they want imo. If you want to embrace your disorder instead of getting treatment go ahead. There is a woman that married a Ferris wheel. She isn’t hurting anyone but her self.

What percentage of people are actually trans? Like maybe 1? Why do you rename the other 99% to accommodate for 1% of the world's feelings?

I don't typically construe it as an insult.

Although I also find it amusing for all the same reasons that it seems to bother you.

Gotta a keep a bit of ironic distance between yourself and the presupposed seriousness of it all.

What percentage of people are actually trans? Like maybe 1? Why do you rename the other 99% to accommodate for 1% of the world's feelings?

It's a political stunt that's meant to illustrate exactly that point. The majority doesn't get labeled - this is an attempt to wield a label (often against them, though not necessarily) and sort of put the shoe on the other foot.

Of course if there was any practical use for the majority to label itself we'd be doing it already, so such attempts are destined to fail.

In the meantime we can try not to be so predictable in our responses.

I can't see why being labelled cis would bother anyone unless they're extremely insecure, but that's just me.

It's just another way that SJWs are attempting to attack straight culture (mainly white straight culture). It's "their turn" to get their jabs in now that the world of jumping on the SJW bandwagon.

I have to confess that 95% of things that I hear about on the internet, I've never come close to experiencing in real life.

Do people really use "cis" outside of liberal arts college classrooms?

Back