This was Prime Fedor

a lot of people say Fedors was past the old prime button here

it wasn't too long after this fight, I noticed a decline in fedor's performance...he did what aldo did in his later fights...aldo gave up leg kicking...or cut back 80%. fedor gave up on his wrestling and submissions...I can't remember the last time fedor took a guy down or submitted anyone...it's been years. he doesn't even try anymore...his standup was always good, cause of his threat of a takedown...if he only stood with cro cop and never attempted any takedowns and didn't use grappling, he probably would have lost badly.

I think he was passing his prime here, but was still good. This, or the Arlovski fight would have been an epic time to walk away.

I consider Fedor HW GOAT and my fav HW
The Fedor in the Sylvia fight was already in visible decline imho

Fight went awesome because decline was'nt still bad as later and because Sylvia sucked

Ah the Pride days. Back when everyone was on that Super Unleaded.

I consider Fedor HW GOAT and my fav HW
The Fedor in the Sylvia fight was already in visible decline imho

Fight went awesome because decline was'nt still bad as later and because Sylvia sucked

Why does everybody disrespect Timmeh :(

IMO was at Cro Cop. Then he took some time off with broken fist etc. But at his purest wrecking best it was through that 2002-2005 period. There aren't many/any fighters past or since I'd favour against that man.

Particularly in the Pride environment/rules in which the game has DEVOLVED away from in favour of Unified/Cage style MMA

Any real Fedor fan who actually watched him during his run could already see his decline starting around 2006-2007. In his fights with Lindland and Hunt you could see he was still good but not nearly the indestructible tank he was from 2002 - 2005 and it was apparent he was starting to slow down. This doesnt mean Fedor didnt have any good performances left in him, it just means he was on the downside and that the losses were coming.

The Sylvia fight was him showing flashes of brilliance you would expect to see from an old legend but his next fights against Arlovski and Rogers were more accurate representations of where he was in terms of training, mileage, preparation and age. Not shocking that he lost his next 3 fights. Some people were only beginning to say he was past his prime but others knew he was past his prime all along. Fedor's prime was 2005. 13 years ago.

I don’t remember when he started breaking his hands but ironically that ushered in his headhunting era.

He had already lost a step by Timmy and Arlovski. He already looked less motivated against Lindland and Hunt.

Back