Media This video shows you what happens when an A level football stud fights in MMA

Congratulations lol. You posted a video of a washed out Johnnie Morton who was a subpar wide receiver who took one fight for a few dollars after being cut from the NFL.

You NPC’s are hilarious.

Exactly this. This entire topic is an enormous strawman.

No one, absolutely no one, is claiming that an almost 36 year-old retired NFL player whose body was beat up over 11 pro seasons can magically pick up MMA in a few weeks and be successful.

Rather, what we're claiming is that if that same player had decided to do MMA at the age of 20 instead of pro football, THEN he would have a very good chance of being highly successful.

THAT is what the topic should be addressing, instead of the bullshit strawman.

And of course, there are no shortage of examples of football players barely good enough to make a NFL practice squad that picked up MMA at a much later age than 20 and had decent success; Matt Mitrione, Brendan Schaub, and most recently, Eryk Anders.

He fought no one relevant or even ranked in the top 100 ever. He was a 45+ year old man that was an elite athlete who stayed in shape and could get some of the best training in the world, nutrition and all around preparation for his fights and went in and wailed on proven cans.....not prospects, not someone ranked, not someone with talent, he literally fought bums. He's irrelevant in the discussion of elite athletes transitioning.

He was also on the U.S. Olympic Bobsled team.

He did this AFTER retiring from football.

The man is an Olympic-level athlete and made a great impact in MMA. If you can't see it, then well, Godspeed.

He was also on the U.S. Olympic Bobsled team.

He did this AFTER retiring from football.

The man is an Olympic-level athlete and made a great impact in MMA. If you can't see it, then well, Godspeed.

No ones saying he wasn't a great athlete. I'm saying what he did in MMA was irrelevant and neither proved nor disproved any of the arguments. I could literally finish the guys he did.

No ones saying he wasn't a great athlete. I'm saying what he did in MMA was irrelevant and neither proved nor disproved any of the arguments. I could literally finish the guys he did.

Fair enough.

He fought professional fighters. Yeah, they may not have been world-beaters, but they were pros. Herschel Walker anted up, kicked in, and stepped into the cage. Regardless of who he fought, that counts for a lot in my book.

But that's just me.

Fair enough.

He fought professional fighters. Yeah, they may not have been world-beaters, but they were pros. Herschel Walker anted up, kicked in, and stepped into the cage. Regardless of who he fought, that counts for a lot in my book.

But that's just me.

He fought guys who had full time jobs and weren't even in good shape. Guys with no noteworthy talent, martial arts experience or athletic backgrounds. Guys with less than 5 professional fights. Meanwhile he was getting 1 on 1 elite training with a team of the world's best coaches and sparring partner for months, had the perfect nutrition plans and had lifelong experience as to what it takes to be successful in athletic endeavors while preparing for amateur level nobodies.

That was the Herschel Walker show, dude wasn't even getting drug tested. There's many 50 year olds who could have done what he did. I'm not discrediting him as an athlete, but what he did in MMA to me isn't impressive either.

People hype this shit up like its similar to what George Foreman or Hopkins did, or even Couture.. It's not.

He fought guys who had full time jobs and weren't even in good shape. Guys with no noteworthy talent, martial arts experience or athletic backgrounds. Guys with less than 5 professional fights. Meanwhile he was getting 1 on 1 elite training with a team of the world's best coaches and sparring partner for months, had the perfect nutrition plans and had lifelong experience as to what it takes to be successful in athletic endeavors while preparing for amateur level nobodies.

That was the Herschel Walker show, dude wasn't even getting drug tested. There's many 50 year olds who could have done what he did. I'm not discrediting him as an athlete, but what he did in MMA to me isn't impressive either.

People hype this shit up like its similar to what George Foreman or Hopkins did, or even Couture.. It's not.

So you have proof he was/is juicing? Even during his Olympic run?

I'd pay to a GoFundMe for that.

This discussion is retarded. You can be a D level athlete by conventional metrics and yet have an intelligent standup game. A good dancer is 100 times more trainable in standup than the typical A level athlete who will ""explode forward" like an idiot and get countered. Look at how easily Romero was KO'd by Feijao, who was a D level athlete or worse lol

Also Lesnar is a horrible example, guy was a legit wrestler coming into MMA and he crumbled when hit in the face anyway lol

Man people are funny

The highlight of Bernard Ackah's career ...this or getting ktfo by Manhoef

So you have proof he was/is juicing? Even during his Olympic run?

I'd pay to a GoFundMe for that.

I said he wasn't being drug tested, I never said I had proof he was juicing nor did I even say that I thought he was.

Even under strict Olympic drug testing, it's basically an accepted reality most of the top athletes are on all sorts of PEDs by anyone educated on the matter.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a dick but the way our conversation keeps going has Mr questioning your comprehension, you keep implying things I have not even said in your responses.

I said he wasn't being drug tested, I never said I had proof he was juicing nor did I even say that I thought he was.

Even under strict Olympic drug testing, it's basically an accepted reality most of the top athletes are on all sorts of PEDs by anyone educated on the matter.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a dick but the way our conversation keeps going has Mr questioning your comprehension, you keep implying things I have not even said in your responses.

You're the one making assumptions with no proof about an Olympic-level athlete that underwent Olympic-level drug testing and had zero infractions.

Remember this is the same organization that banned Russia for roiding.

How does Bob Sapp rate in all of this?

He did play in the NFL...
He was a pro-wrestler...
He took Big Nog to the LIMIT.

He fought Jerome LeBanner to a draw.

He beat Ernesto Hoost in a K-1 rules match…

TWICE.

Thoughts?

We need to see Greg Hardy vs DC to test this

He was a pro-wrestler...

TWICE.

Thoughts?

Remember when he went on a 1-17 run with all 17 losses by stoppage?

All muscle, no skills, no heart to fight anymore once Mirko busted his melon once.

Bottom line: Athleticism is one of the many ingredients it takes to make a great fighter.

I always hear Rogan say imagine of this football guy or this NBA guy took up MMA they would dominate not true, fighting is a science, just like in boxing a lot of those muscular guys who are athletic get their asses beat by some skinny long tough boxer who can't even dance but can put pressure on you.

This guy was a stud at USC and he even said he trained Tae Kwon DO as a kid he got wrecked. it shows just because someone is an A level athletes doesn't automatically mean they will be a great fighter, only a few genetic freaks like Herschel Walker could carry over into fighting, if he trained in his teens he would be a beast just going off how tough he was at 48 when he made his debut.

LOL, thank you, Captain Obvious! :D

A funny detail is that the winner has a background in TKD and Judo - arts usually disrespected by the casual meathead / Just Bleed fan. :D

and LOL at the corner man: "Johny, wake up!" <Lmaoo>

Fighting comes down to your brain, can you think on your feet, can you execute the right gameplan, can you set traps , it also comes down to how fit you are obviously

But you can get guys who have flat bodies who have such good fighting brains, and can hit, distribute there body weight properly , are tough, you can also get those types that are rubbish, same with pumped up guys, if they have the right brain and technique and fitness, they can be effective in fights..

If you are too musclebound this is no good imo, will make you slow and lumberous, but fighting has little to do with body looks and dynamics, just your thought process, stamina and technique

That's the kind of sports crossover that only the likes of Herschel Walker, Jose Canseco and CM Punk can make effectively.

This is lame. Johnnie Morton made his professional MMA fighting debut at 47 years of age against a fighter with 10 professional fights. So A level athlete Johnnie Morton at age 18 choosing MMA over football, would have been a far different story. Here's one to watch, A level high school football player Branko Busick, went to West Virginia to play college football, got into some legal trouble and was kicked off the team. He's now a MMA fighter, and his first professional fight was against Tyrell Fortune, who had done nothing but wrestle all his life. The result, Tyrell Fortune struggled mightily to do anything against A level football player Branko Busick, who is learning this MMA game on the fly. Branko Busick is now 2-1 in MMA. Romero Cotton is another A level high school football player, who went to college and played running back and wrestled at a D2 school, Nebraska-Kearney and was a 3 time National Champion and is now undefeated in MMA in Bellator.

He was a pro-wrestler...

TWICE.

Thoughts?
Sapp was/ is a freak lol if he didnt start throwing his fights we might have got a lot of good shit out of him he just never cared after Mirko fucked him up

Back