Media This video shows you what happens when an A level football stud fights in MMA

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I always hear Rogan say imagine of this football guy or this NBA guy took up MMA they would dominate not true, fighting is a science, just like in boxing a lot of those muscular guys who are athletic get their asses beat by some skinny long tough boxer who can't even dance but can put pressure on you.

This guy was a stud at USC and he even said he trained Tae Kwon DO as a kid he got wrecked. it shows just because someone is an A level athletes doesn't automatically mean they will be a great fighter, only a few genetic freaks like Herschel Walker could carry over into fighting, if he trained in his teens he would be a beast just going off how tough he was at 48 when he made his debut.

I always hear Rogan say imagine of this football guy or this NBA guy took up MMA they would dominate not true, fighting is a science, just like in boxing a lot of those muscular guys who are athletic get their asses beat by some skinny long tough boxer who can't even dance but can put pressure on you.

This guy was a stud at USC and he even said he trained Tae Kwon DO as a kid he got wrecked. it shows just because someone is an A level athletes doesn't automatically mean they will be a great fighter, only a few genetic freaks like Herschel Walker could carry over into fighting, if he trained in his teens he would be a beast just going off how tough he was at 48 when he made his debut.

Just one video?

Since when is anything Rogan says even worth quoting?

while mma might be a science it is not developed enuff. thats why you see so much bro science and bad technique.

Herschel-Walker2.jpg

Destroys this theory.

Herschel-Walker2.jpg

Destroys this theory.
thats why I said he is the exception a true freak, Rogan acts like all these footballers will be the best fighters just cause they are jacked

Herschel is an exception if he took up fighting in his teens he would dominate for sure, but not many athletes are at his level

thats why I said he is the exception a true freak, Rogan acts like all these footballers will be the best fighters just cause they are jacked

Herschel is an exception if he took up fighting in his teens he would dominate for sure, but not many athletes are at his level

Bo Jackson and Jim Thorpe spring to mind too! :)

Bo Jackson and Jim Thorpe spring to mind too! :)
Jim Thorpe for sure he used to wrestle I believe

Bo Jackson was Long before Jordan if he never got injured it would have still been Bo mania, sad story the guy was a real freak of nature he was stocky and super fast.

That is a very small sample size. @TidWell

Mitrione beat Fedor.

He had that fight when he was 36 and well washed out of the league. If he ever was an "A level athlete" he sure as shit wasn't in 2007. What's the point of this thread?

the closest test subject for the A level athlete theory thus far is probably Brock Lesnar when he came into MMA at around 30. He almost made the NFL despite not playing college football or any football in about 6 years off of his size and athleticism. He was champ in a few fights.

Being explosive can work against you in that you explode into a punch.

That’s part why the condit-Diaz types don’t Get KOed as often as they get hit since they just kind of floating around in the pocket instead of sprinting in

Congratulations lol. You posted a video of a washed out Johnnie Morton who was a subpar wide receiver who took one fight for a few dollars after being cut from the NFL.

You NPC’s are hilarious.

Every UFC champion is an “A level” athlete.

Yeah, the overall talent pool at HWT sucks, not every top 10 guy is a great athlete. But there are plenty of legit athletes in MMA.

Couple of months training strictly UFC and he would be champ champ

Every sport is dictated by athleticism, MMA is no different. This doesn't mean athleticism will automatically make you a good fighter, just like being a freak athlete won't automatically make you a great NBA player.

Herschel-Walker2.jpg

Destroys this theory.

He fought no one relevant or even ranked in the top 100 ever. He was a 45+ year old man that was an elite athlete who stayed in shape and could get some of the best training in the world, nutrition and all around preparation for his fights and went in and wailed on proven cans.....not prospects, not someone ranked, not someone with talent, he literally fought bums. He's irrelevant in the discussion of elite athletes transitioning.

He didn't look very skilled, I have my doubts he had much training behind him. Probably a short camp.

Back