This video show what is wrong with kung fu

I cant hate on kung fu. Kung fu made me the person i am today.

But there is not a easy and simple road to get where you wanna go (get good at fighting or self defense).

There are soooo many schools or styles that have little or nothing to do with real combat. So you these nerds with ponytails and no muscles doing forms from modern wushu, while they believe that they have real combative skills.

That is wrong with kung fu. And that is what botters me.

Sorry for the bad english..

I cant hate on kung fu. Kung fu made me the person i am today.

But there is not a easy and simple road to get where you wanna go (get good at fighting or self defense).

There are soooo many schools or styles that have little or nothing to do with real combat. So you these nerds with ponytails and no muscles doing forms from modern wushu, while they believe that they have real combative skills.

That is wrong with kung fu. And that is what botters me.

Sorry for the bad english..

Right. Kung-fu, like boxing book techniques need personal adjustment to real combat, due the different anatomy of each person and way to throw the techniques.

They are basically shadow boxing and in super slow motion emphasizing every movement and technique. Imagine someone who only does shadow boxing ever.

I remember one modern Kung Fu master said something about today having 2 kung fu style. One for aesthetic and one for actual combat and self defense. Unfortunately, most of what you see and find will be for aesthetic, including China's own government Kung Fu academy.

They changed the original martial art to make it look better. The old one is ugly but useful. The new one is pretty but useless.

It's hard to find an old school kung fu place where they teach you the original form and then it's even harder to find one that teaches you for real life situation or real life pace (sparring). Even if you find a real school, you need to spar to learn.

but Wushu's not really kung fu right? Its performing arts

Non effective TMAs are totally fine. The issue is when they market themselves as self defence because of dumb or greedy clubs.

And while my Dutch isn't that great I am pretty sure the poster right in the beginning in the background says something like "best self defence".
Claiming this works works great for the confidence but horribly for self defence against someone who actually tries to hurt you.

Last edited:
They are basically shadow boxing and in super slow motion emphasizing every movement and technique. Imagine someone who only does shadow boxing ever.

I remember one modern Kung Fu master said something about today having 2 kung fu style. One for aesthetic and one for actual combat and self defense. Unfortunately, most of what you see and find will be for aesthetic, including China's own government Kung Fu academy.

They changed the original martial art to make it look better. The old one is ugly but useful. The new one is pretty but useless.

It's hard to find an old school kung fu place where they teach you the original form and then it's even harder to find one that teaches you for real life situation or real life pace (sparring). Even if you find a real school, you need to spar to learn.

Yeah but its not even shadowboxing. Because the moves have been modified. They made them shorter to make them faster. And more fancy to make them more cool looking. And while they "shadowboxing" they have never felt the moves made contact against a live fight partner

Non effective TMAs are totally fine. The issue is when they market themselves as self defence because of dumb or greedy clubs.

And while my Dutch isn't that great I am pretty sure the poster right in the beginning in the background says something like "best self defence".
Claiming this works works great for the confidence but horribly for self defence against someone who actually tries to hurt you.
lol

The biggest con job of the martial arts community has been: with this specific training technique(s) you can dispatch armed attackers, and/or multiple assistants easily!

Sometimes I feel it does more harm than good. Before training (at conman's gym) the person would walk away or get out ASAP, but now with "training", they feel compelled to stand up straight with a false sense of security, and can get hurt or killed because of it.

Sometimes u post some ignorant stuff.

It's almost like u r making fun of stuff because of your own insecurities that u aren't that good...

Tim Cartmell is an accomplished "Kung Fu"-it's almost like u don't know what the phrase actually means- and BJJ wizard.

The movement training and focus on body mechanics are only beneficial when blended with good non compliant training.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/BJJ/Tim-Cartmell-Jiu-Jitsu-School:1790771

Frode never claims to be a great fighter/martial artist, so I don't know what you're getting at.

lol

The biggest con job of the martial arts community has been: with this specific training technique(s) you can dispatch armed attackers, and/or multiple assistants easily!

Sometimes I feel it does more harm than good. Before training (at conman's gym) the person would walk away or get out ASAP, but now with "training", they feel compelled to stand up straight with a false sense of security, and can get hurt or killed because of it.

It's funny because my sambo coach works in security and does self defence specific training, and while he does teach knife disarms his opinion is the best thing you can do is a quick standing double leg (in which you block their hamstrings with your hands and shoulder barge them into the takedown) just let them hit the ground and walk off. He says anything else is just risking too much.

I had the displeasure of meeting a friend of a friend when I went to visit his campus. This dude did japanese jiu jitsu and thought he was the shit, said stuff like muay thai doesn't work on the streets and stuff like that, and then he started training muay thai on my buddies request and he got his ass beat. I dunno how he thought he would be able to cope if he was in a real fight. Dude was from Somerset as well, which is a nice rural community in the west of England... he had no clue about "the streets"

Wait has that finally happened?
Naw it fell through. @Sano failed USADA testing, his system was spiked with PEDs and got flagged. Every wonder why when he did defensive head movements he looked like an autistic tard' having a seizure? It was because of the PEDs

Nah. I am broke as fuck for a long time. I cant even travel much in Norway

<{boneytears}>

It's funny because my sambo coach works in security and does self defence specific training, and while he does teach knife disarms his opinion is the best thing you can do is a quick standing double leg (in which you block their hamstrings with your hands and shoulder barge them into the takedown) just let them hit the ground and walk off. He says anything else is just risking too much.

I had the displeasure of meeting a friend of a friend when I went to visit his campus. This dude did japanese jiu jitsu and thought he was the shit, said stuff like muay thai doesn't work on the streets and stuff like that, and then he started training muay thai on my buddies request and he got his ass beat. I dunno how he thought he would be able to cope if he was in a real fight. Dude was from Somerset as well, which is a nice rural community in the west of England... he had no clue about "the streets"
I'm not too comfortable with the idea of getting close with a weapon that takes little effort to deal serious damage, but if he can pull it off, more power to him.

lol at the can that thought he could bang with flimsy wrist locks while wearing pajamas or a dress (hakama). Did he try "self-defense" moves when in the clinch?

the problem is everyone knows what is wrong with bad kung fu. It would be more novel and interesting to see what is right with it. I've sparred with a bagua guy who was very good so I know its out there. If karate didnt have machida people wouldnt understand that the basic techniques of karate are good. I think the same applies to kung fu.

I'm not too comfortable with the idea of getting close with a weapon that takes little effort to deal serious damage, but if he can pull it off, more power to him.

lol at the can that thought he could bang with flimsy wrist locks while wearing pajamas or a dress (hakama). Did he try "self-defense" moves when in the clinch?

Oh no, that wasn't a takedown vs an armed opponent, armed opponents he teaches disarms and tries to teach them from more realistic angles, the dude works in security so he's a bit more tested in it than most TMA guys... crazy russians be crazy.

-

I have no idea if the dude tried the wrist locks in the clinch, but I did have another funny story about this guy. He was trying to preach to my buddy about how to parry, saying that you should move your arm outwards rather than inwards. Then our friend who doesn't train, or even have much interest in fighting, threw a punch at him to humour the demonstration and busted his nose.

Oh no, that wasn't a takedown vs an armed opponent, armed opponents he teaches disarms and tries to teach them from more realistic angles, the dude works in security so he's a bit more tested in it than most TMA guys... crazy russians be crazy.

-

I have no idea if the dude tried the wrist locks in the clinch, but I did have another funny story about this guy. He was trying to preach to my buddy about how to parry, saying that you should move your arm outwards rather than inwards. Then our friend who doesn't train, or even have much interest in fighting, threw a punch at him to humour the demonstration and busted his nose.
Sounds like a good way to get headkicked / hooked

lol. We all laugh, but I kinda feel bad for the dude, his whole life is getting teared apart before him

Ruskies gon rusk

Back